“" Newly build "”

Ranked #80 of 104 Hotels in Langkawi
Guwahati, India
“" Newly build "”
Reviewed 26 March 2014

This is one of the best hotels . it is located outside the city and is very near to the airport . weather is hot . it is located at the bank of the sea . rooms are good but the food is not up to the mark .and its difficult to get the cab .

Room Tip: " a place for family visit"
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pratikkilla

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Alor Setar, Malaysia
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Thinking that it's under Sheraton, it should be audited as an above average hotel. Ended up it is worse than a 3 stars hotel.
1) shower holder is broken
2) bed linen is super dirty
3) room's fittings are dropping out (example: previous air con hole was not sealed properly, it's only been covered with a piece of plywood and it dropped out half way hanging on the wall leaving a big hole)
4) small insects and bugs are everywhere (disgusting! Imagine if there were kids playing on the floor and these bugs gets into their ears or nose)
5) curtains are dropping down hanging
6) and many many more! !
I would not come again to this hotel!

Price paid is totally not value for money!!

A star wood hotel!!?? OMG! !

• Stayed March 2014
5 Thank CWKG
new orleans
Reviewed 11 March 2014

stayed 2 nights last summer with friends in this hotel. hotel locates not far away from airport, room not small with a balcony, beautiful swimmingrant pool.

had lunch in restaurant, reasonable taste & Price.

cons: tranportation. difficult to get a cab, better rent a car in langkawi

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank kecai
Dhaka City, Bangladesh
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Last november I had been to langkawi. Due to holiday season and busy schedule, I could not book my hotel well in advance. Last moment booked this hotel.
The hotel is very close to Airport. Its a very quiet and cosy location. View is spectacular.
Very spacious location. My room was facing the sea. Facilities in the hotel was just reasonable and nothing to say any great deal.
Ground floor rooms were accessible from both inside alley and thru balcony.
Whole area was covered by wi-fi.
Swimming pool was quite big and good environment.
Adjacent beach was not a very attractive, I could see jelly fish floating around.
Whole hotel building, lobby, dining area was really well built but I should say everything was very poorly maintained. It seems like, someone built it and left it abandoned.
Door latch were not secured, and could be opened from outside. though they repaired it after we made a complain
Breakfast was reasonable.
My opinion is, the hotel could be maintained in much better way specially the landscape.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Kaiser M
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
Reviewed 25 February 2014 via mobile

I reached the hotel around 1pm & told the reception that I reserved a triple room with AirAsia with my name provided. Took him some time before he found my booking. Then he told me that the room is not ready and asked me to wait till 3pm. However, his colleague informed that room will be ready by 10 minutes. So we wandered around the hotel lobby while waiting. After 10 mins, we got our room as promised & he led us to the room on 2nd floor. Its a spacious room BUT we were so disappointed after exploring. There were ONLY 2 bath gels, 1 lotion & 1 conditioner. NO shampoo, NO toothbrush, NO face towels, stained bath towels, part of the shower knob fell when we tried to turn on the water, stink bed sheets & pillow case, NO laundry bags, NO in-room slippers (floor is sticky) and minibar with durian smell. This is deceiving. I came here as a Starwood member and am completely disappointed with such product. It is completely different compared to Four Points in Kuching.

I called for Duty Manager & explained the situation and he just entertained me that he will send the Housekeeping Supervisor to come over to our room. She came with a 'Malas nak layan' attitude & I have to repeat what I told the Duty Manager. She didn't offer to change my room or apologize at all. All she does was telling me that she will get them fixed soon. I waited in the room & they didn't come. So we decided to go out and grab some food, hoping that things will be sorted out when we return.

We came back after 2 hours and it did amazed us quite a bit as things were much better. However, there are still missing tooth brush, face towels and sticky floor. So we gave up and decided not to complain as there's no point in doing such. Anyway, the Duty Manager didn't bother to return a courtesy call to check on the issue outcomes.

So, we went to the pool in the evening but there were no towels left. So we walked over to the Reception, which is very far from the pool and requested for them. Guess what they told us? They said that they can't do anything about it as they laundry is outsourced and they don't have many towels !! Seriously?? As we do not want to ruin our holiday, we decided not to bother about it for the rest of our journey.

Advice to all who want to stay here, please think thoroughly before deciding.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
14 Thank Shin85
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 February 2014

We booked this hotel by jst seeing the name Sheraton..Mistake indeed!!! The hotel comes nowhere close to other Sheraton hotels we have been to..
The room was average like any other hotel. The room did not had towels in it, and we had to wait a long time for it. Some fittings were coming out of the bathroom!!..AC wa s very old it seems and noisy.
Better get a hotel near Cenang Beach!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Linesh_Kothari
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 13 February 2014

I was there for few nights on the Christmas Eve with my family but experience was not satisfactory. It was started with lot of follow-up for getting the room since it was not ready. It took around an hour to get a room, even we had to adjust in other room otherwise we had to wait another 2- 3 hrs to get the agreed one. Also we faced unnecessary argument while checking out. We had to pay more than room rate told to me while booking.

Room, bed, toilet and view from room are as per satisfactory.
Observations: I believe there is a lot of scope for improvement especially at front office like deal with guest while check-in & out & payment proceeding.

Gokul
New Delhi. INDIA

Room Tip: Avoid beach for jelly fish
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family