“Excellent get away for a liesure holiday”

Vivanta by Taj Rebak Island, Langkawi
Ranked #9 of 104 Hotels in Langkawi
Reviewed 15 November 2013

Taj Groups Rebak Island Resort is a wonderful resort with great amenities and serene atmosphere. The natural beauty is breath taking.
With regards to the facilities they are excellent, the staff great the overall experience was super.

Room Tip: It does not really matter whether you have a sea facing room or not, unless you dont want to get out...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Vivanta by Taj Rebak Island, Langkawi

Reviewed 12 November 2013

This hotel is amazing. It is on a tiny island that is super easy to get to from Langkawi island and the port is close to the hotel. The shuttle boat is also free during the day but can be hired at 45 minutes notice 24/7. The rooms are huge. In fact the rooms are suites. They also have huge balconies. There is a nice swim up bar in the pool but the beach is right next to it and the water was warm and wonderful so we only went in the pool once. The staff are courteous and very helpful. The buffet style food in the evening was delicious. We ate ourselves silly. And during the day we always had a chicken kati roll as it was so tasty that there was no need to eat anything else. We usually skipped breakfast but our friend eat breakfast and really enjoyed the dosas (types of thin Indian pancakes). The only downside was the accommodation is wood and you could hear the people moving around above us and they were coming into their room at all hours. I would suggest asking for the upstairs and not the ground floor of the 2 storey accommodation. We were two couples so I wish they had put us in the upstairs and downstairs of the same building instead of two ground floor rooms as we all had issues with the upstairs neighbours! However, otherwise it was a heavenly stay. And also make sure you check out Rafii's bar on the main Langkawi island. Once we found this bar, we never went anywhere else. Also Crystal Tours for the supper cruise. We had such a wonderful holiday that there is no way we will not come back. Can't wait.

Room Tip: Make sure it is an upstairs and not a ground floor room.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Brigittelisa
Reviewed 10 November 2013

I stayed for 2 nights with my family. It was our little escape from our vacation in Kuala Lumpur. The hotel itself is very nice. We were met at the airport and transported to the island after a short wait. The driver let us sit in the car with the air running at my children's request. We were welcomed with a delicious, refreshing tea. I wish that I would have asked what it was so I could bring some back with me. Then, I was hit with a request for a deposit. After having paid for the room in advance, this surprised me and I don't like surprises that have to do with money. It was uncomfortable because I wasn't sure how much additional cash or credit I had ,but we worked it out.

The staff was very friendly. I never got the impression that anyone expected a tip. They would pick us up and give us rides.

The room had one of the largest bathrooms that I've seen-compartmentalized into the dressing area, shower, and bath. It was beautiful but not functional for my family. First, the slight glazing for the toilet area wasn't sufficient cover. You felt exposed. And it would have been nice if there was a partition for the dressing area.

The restaurant was expensive and just okay. We ordered a la carte for most meals. Honestly, this is the main thing that would stop me from returning to this resort. I felt trapped and I didn't want to use their restaurant. We spent one day in the town at the beach and the food prices were so much more reasonable.

The pool is very nice and the chairs are very comfortable. My kids loved the bikes but I do think that they are prone to breaking down. The beach area was sufficient, but without waves. We didn't do any of the other activities involved.

So, it was a great trip and I have no regrets but I probably would not do this again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Our 4 day holiday at Rebak was fantastic. It was the first holiday we planned with a baby so we were a bit worried. But staff were so thoughtful, personalised in their approach right thru our stay and the two bedroom suite was perfect with lots of room for her to run around without crashing into things!
The best part of the property is of course the private beach,(far better than chenang, tengah beaches) fantastic view of the nearby islands, mountains and mainland at the distance. The sea was not rough at all & you can wade thru the shallow water, great for swimming, kayaking and safe for the baby! The island also is home to lots of birds, early morning walk you can see lots of hornbills & other birds.
The location is great, 5 min drive from airport to Port langkasuka and a scenic boat ride to the island.There are regular boat transfers to the mainland. We had planned a lot of things in the mainland but we enjoyed the resort so much, we hardly made trips out (mainly for duty free and batik shopping).
GM Sandip Mukherjee really took care of us right through our stay. Thanks Sandip and team!
The Halloween bash was great and the next day resort was all decorated beautifully for Diwali.
Tip: Figure out the high tide timings at the activity desk at the start, so you can plan kayaking and maximise using the beach.
Overall had a relaxing stay and fantastic service even by Taj standards! If you want a calm, quiet break away from hustle bustle, close to nature yet very comfortable this a great choice!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank DivyaNJ
Reviewed 8 November 2013

The reviews on Tripadvisor sold me on this hotel. Reality can sometimes be far from the truth.
The place is as run down as a shanty town or a favela. Which is sad, because the people employed here are fantastic. I must assume that the GM here has been dealt a dead hand by the corporate office. There seems to be a genuine lack of interest in investing in maintaining the property. Green areas are not green, fish pools and other areas are dilapidated and left untended to, some resemble open sewers.
I can only question the favorable reviews here, but as a matter of value for money I would definitely have taken my business elsewhere had I known the facts beforehand. This just doesn't cut it.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank danshee
Reviewed 6 November 2013

its superb 5 star property, I decided to celebare my younger son Birthday on 28th Feb 2013 and I think It was nice decission. Once we reached Langkawi airport the journey was awesome. we didn't had to worry about carrying luggage from pick up to drop off. we are vegetarian, I was worried about food for my wife and 2 kids but the Indian Chef Mahesh Rawat made the best dishes according to my family demand which made our stay wonderful. I will highly recommend for someone who wants completely cut-off from world in Private Island. The General Manager from Kolkatta was very down to earth and humble. I met different nationality staff here Indonesian, Malaysian, Indian and I must say all were Gem. The private sandy beach is good but only drawback is once you enter the water there are lot of stones and water is not clean(not maintained) so during low tide you need to monitor your kids apart of that pool was awesome

Room Tip: There is no need for spending extra on garden view as the resort is surrounded by garden :-) you can...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Separated from the main island this property is clam quiet and peaceful...good for family get togethers... the airport is closeby. the villas are inspired from the local architecture and are extremly comfortable. the restaurants are good one can get amazing seafood.

Room Tip: For relaxation; yes its a amazing property
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family