“Memorable stay”

Vivanta by Taj Rebak Island, Langkawi
Ranked #9 of 104 Hotels in Langkawi
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I have stayed in many Taj properties in the past but the stay at this hotel has definitely trumped any other past experience. This is the best stay that I had and beats any other experience due to the hospitality, location and ambience!

The personal interaction, the politeness and exemplary service displayed at the resort made this a really memorable visit. A visit that would be remembered with very fond memories.

The rooms are exquisitely done and are very spacious. If you have a sea facing room, then you can be caught in a conundrum deciding whether you want to spend time in your well appointed room or do you want to bask in quaint balcony outside and take in the view!

The resort is located on Rebak Island and resort has boats plying between the resort and the main island. It is a 10 minute boat ride.

The resort offers a private beach which is an amazing setting for both relaxing and solitude. If you are looking for romance or a quite getaway, then this is definitely the resort to pick!

The pool has bar in it and is well appointed giving you a view of the sea. The facilities at resort involve cycling, kayaking, jet skiing, lazing around on the private beach, fishing etc.

Apart from that the hotel can help organize activities like a romantic sunset cruise, a sightseeing cruise etc. Just approach the travel desk at the lobby for more information.

In short, this is a really beautiful resort for spending some quiet time and lazing around. This definitely is on my places-to-visit-again-list!

Room Tip: Take up a room facing the sea. The view is breathtaking.
2  Thank Amit B
There are newer reviews for Vivanta by Taj Rebak Island, Langkawi

Reviewed 18 November 2013

I had requested for room on the ground floor because I was recuperating from knee operation. We got upgraded to a 1 bedroom suite close to everything..the pool, the restaurant. The suite was large and nicely furnished with large and cosy bed. The food voucher helped with the restaurant bills as we had no choice but to eat at the restaurant. It's a private island with marina and very private beach. Breakfast was good with Indian touch. The staff was very attentive and helpful cause I needed extra help to move around and lots of ice to treat my operated knee. They arranged a private island hoping trip (inclusive in package) for my 3 children, complete with towels and drinks...very exclusive. My total rest and relax mission for this holiday was truly met here at Taj.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank myzatul
Reviewed 17 November 2013

We just had 7 days of great rest and relaxation enhanced by the atmosphere at the Taj...all staff were attentive but not intrusive, the surroundings were meticulously maintained, food was excellent with a constant change of menu. Bedroom was kept spotlessly clean by the room attendant. The beach was not overcrowded. We were made to feel valued from the moment we arrived until we checked out. As close to 5 Star as possible for the price. Brilliant...highly recommended

Room Tip: We stayed in a deluxe double room which was perfect for our needs.
1  Thank ChristianKielland
Reviewed 16 November 2013

We've just arrived back after a whistle stop tour of KL, Sabah and Langkawi.

The Rebak Island Resort was our final hotel staying here for five nights in total. Set on a lovely island surrounded by loads of different trees, and excellent garden. We booked a one bedroom garden room but were lucky to get one near to the pool. The room was excellent, the only issue was the noise of our neighbour upstairs banging about and shouting late at night. Luckily they departed after our first night. This though is not the hotels fault, you get these people everywhere.
What sets this hotel apart for us is the service from the staff. Bayu, Adam, Neo, Shalabul( our room attendant( sorry if I spelt it incorrectly) and Hamid to name but a few deserve a mention. So friendly and always a smile, as did everyone else to be honest.

The beach was so quiet, peaceful and relaxing. We did venture out onto the main island, visiting Pantai Cenang, the cable car ( worth a visit ) and Kuah (not worth a visit), and although we found the last boat, 19:45 restrictive, it didn't obstruct. We were told though by the yachting fraternity that there are other boats, which adds to some confusion. Perhaps this could be publicised even if there is a charge for later boats, with pre-booking essential.

Should we return to Langkawi, this is definitely the hotel we would choose to return to.

3  Thank Micky8hoy
Reviewed 15 November 2013

Taj Groups Rebak Island Resort is a wonderful resort with great amenities and serene atmosphere. The natural beauty is breath taking.
With regards to the facilities they are excellent, the staff great the overall experience was super.

Room Tip: It does not really matter whether you have a sea facing room or not, unless you dont want to get out...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 November 2013

This hotel is amazing. It is on a tiny island that is super easy to get to from Langkawi island and the port is close to the hotel. The shuttle boat is also free during the day but can be hired at 45 minutes notice 24/7. The rooms are huge. In fact the rooms are suites. They also have huge balconies. There is a nice swim up bar in the pool but the beach is right next to it and the water was warm and wonderful so we only went in the pool once. The staff are courteous and very helpful. The buffet style food in the evening was delicious. We ate ourselves silly. And during the day we always had a chicken kati roll as it was so tasty that there was no need to eat anything else. We usually skipped breakfast but our friend eat breakfast and really enjoyed the dosas (types of thin Indian pancakes). The only downside was the accommodation is wood and you could hear the people moving around above us and they were coming into their room at all hours. I would suggest asking for the upstairs and not the ground floor of the 2 storey accommodation. We were two couples so I wish they had put us in the upstairs and downstairs of the same building instead of two ground floor rooms as we all had issues with the upstairs neighbours! However, otherwise it was a heavenly stay. And also make sure you check out Rafii's bar on the main Langkawi island. Once we found this bar, we never went anywhere else. Also Crystal Tours for the supper cruise. We had such a wonderful holiday that there is no way we will not come back. Can't wait.

Room Tip: Make sure it is an upstairs and not a ground floor room.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Brigittelisa
Reviewed 10 November 2013

I stayed for 2 nights with my family. It was our little escape from our vacation in Kuala Lumpur. The hotel itself is very nice. We were met at the airport and transported to the island after a short wait. The driver let us sit in the car with the air running at my children's request. We were welcomed with a delicious, refreshing tea. I wish that I would have asked what it was so I could bring some back with me. Then, I was hit with a request for a deposit. After having paid for the room in advance, this surprised me and I don't like surprises that have to do with money. It was uncomfortable because I wasn't sure how much additional cash or credit I had ,but we worked it out.

The staff was very friendly. I never got the impression that anyone expected a tip. They would pick us up and give us rides.

The room had one of the largest bathrooms that I've seen-compartmentalized into the dressing area, shower, and bath. It was beautiful but not functional for my family. First, the slight glazing for the toilet area wasn't sufficient cover. You felt exposed. And it would have been nice if there was a partition for the dressing area.

The restaurant was expensive and just okay. We ordered a la carte for most meals. Honestly, this is the main thing that would stop me from returning to this resort. I felt trapped and I didn't want to use their restaurant. We spent one day in the town at the beach and the food prices were so much more reasonable.

The pool is very nice and the chairs are very comfortable. My kids loved the bikes but I do think that they are prone to breaking down. The beach area was sufficient, but without waves. We didn't do any of the other activities involved.

So, it was a great trip and I have no regrets but I probably would not do this again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family