“Value for money”

Ranked #9 of 104 Hotels in Langkawi
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Value for money”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Exotic location with private beach and lot of island activities. Being island Hotel, ferry timing should be adhered. Hotel should make last ferry trip at 900 pm instead of 745 pm from jetty.
Hotel makes excellent arrangements for sightseeing and other activities. Rooms are well laid out with minimum interior required for island hotel (no fancy interiors). Balcony is sea facing. No bed bugs found as written in some of the reviews. Also did not experience any mosquito’s trouble both outside and inside room. Buffet Breakfast was well spread-out including Indian food. Drawback of this hotel is only one restaurant for food preparation. One need to either bring food from outside or compulsory have dinner in Seaneri Restaurant. The dinner we had was horribly prepared and costly for that food test. Hotel should tie-up with few outside restaurants for food delivery to rooms. This way guest will have option to eat food of their choice.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank spannase

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (472)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

My husband and I absolutely loved Rebak Island. Definitely a place that's very special and dear to our hearts. So much fun activities and lovey customer service. A big thumbs up for Mamun for his excellent hospitality and service. Definitely going back <3

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Seloilky
Suez, Egypt
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I spent my honeymoon there in AUG-2013, it was very very amazing place with very very friendly and helpful staff
the hotel is so quiet and clean, the island just like heaven, you can spend 2 days in just walking around to see the island

you have to come early to catch the last boat to the island but it's not a big deal as langkawi sleeps early

Room Tip: with pool view rooms you can see the sea and the pool and partially the jungle
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gida82
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 5 May 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 5 nights. It was exactly what we needed, we were looking to get away and just chill out in a peaceful and gorgeous environment This place certainly achieved that. It's on its own island which is great to just "get away" from everything. The pool is big and the water is amazing, not too cold or warm, the pool bar is awesome and everything is all in one place. The beach is nice and we even kayaked to another beach next to the resort and my husband and parked the kayak and swam there, it felt like our own private beach. It was beautiful. The views are gorgeous. The staff were friendly and everything was so well kept. The service was impeccable.

It is important to note though that this place is really only great for relaxing and chilling out. If you want a holiday where everyday you are out and about doing activities or sightseeing or you want a nightlife then it's not the place for you. You will find it frustrating because you have to catch the ferry to the main island and the last ferry leaves at 7:45pm.

For us, we wanted to be slightly secluded so it was perfect. We ended up having one day out in the main island, then one lazy day in the resort, then one day out then one lazy day in. It was the best. It was perfect, we still got to see stuff and also chilled and relaxed.

There were only 2 things that I didn't like and that was 1) They didn't tell us early on that there were strict clothing restrictions in the pool. You are not allowed to wear a shirt in the pool unless its an official rash swimming vest. I've never heard this rule anywhere before so I was a bit upset because my hubby is not comfortable swimming without a shirt on. Basically, we would have just liked to have known beforehand because my husband was forced to take off his shirt, had we known we would have bought a proper swimming shirt. 2) One particular housekeeper was great, but he never addressed me or even looked at me. I'm a woman and he only dealt with my husband it was like I wasn't even there. I hated that. But not everyone did it, actually he was the only one. Other than those two annoying things I had an amazing time!

TIP: Bring lots and lots and lots of mosquito repellant. Those suckers are rampant over there especially since you're near the mangroves.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Fleet, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

Best place in langkawi. We LOVED our stay here with our 2 boys and could not fault anything about this place. The room was amazing, spacious and clean. The staff were super helpful and always smiling. Everyone from reception, the gardner, cleaner, waiters, drivers and boat staff. We were greater with smiles and when we asked for help it was being seen to there and then. We loved the location and the fact that if you needed a chandelier of scenery it was just a walk or a boat ride away. My husband went running round he island in the morning and had a dip with the marina visitors after.
I suppose the only thing that were a bit disappointing were the "kids club"! It was 3 rooms (like the rooms we stayed in) that were painted in bright colours and with a few balls, playhouse, small chairs and a bus/ tent etc. but you had to go and get a key to let yourself in and out. There were no one there!! I had hoped that they might have provided some sort of entertainment for he children even if just for a couple of hours a day or shown a film or something.

The wildlife were amazing with hornbills and monitor lizards in the resort. Our children loved looking at them.
The place is relaxing and the food is very good. The Malay evening had some exceptional yummy food.
Surprised that nobody had mentioned in any reviews the amount for low flying flights coming by during the day from Langkawi. This would not put me off going again because everything else overshadows it.

Everyone we spoke to had the same views as us regarding Rebak Island Resort. Our only mistake was leaving to go to the Frangipani on Langkawi for 4 days after but it was too late to cancel.

We hope to return one year.
A superb and excellent value for money stay.
Would highly recommend

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank travelreal
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed 25 April 2014

My husband and two teenager sons stayed for 5 nights. The staff were fabulous, they couldn't do enough for you and were always smiling and pleasant. Rooms spotless . Food was good, especially breakfast which included a huge selection to suit all tastes. One gripe was that kayaks could only be taken out at high tide which is a silly rule. A tip you can buy ice creams, beer and chips much cheaper at the marina shop.

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank Thefiveamigos
London
Reviewed 24 April 2014

I was met by the driver at the airport who called one of the 2:30pm boats and asked it to wait which it did. After that my transfer to the marina, collection by golf buggy and check in was seamless with no delays although I was the only person arriving at that point. I would agree it is not a 5 star hotel although the website I booked it through showed it as a 4 star and the price I paid even for the area was more indicative of 3-4 star. I stayed on the top floor in a superior sea view room which was very big and as others have mentioned a bit dated in decor a lot of dark wood. That said there was plenty of storage space, two sinks, bath and shower with robes and slippers. I also had no problem with noise from other rooms. The water is complimentary and they will increase the amount you get each day if you use more. I was also given a complimentary bottle of red wine and fruit bowl on arrival with a second fruit bowl during the week. If you are looking for action and activities then this will not be the place for you. For me it was about relaxation and spending my days on the beach sunning myself, reading and swimming (when it wasn't low tide of course as the bay becomes too shallow/rocky), the swimming pool looked lovely but I never used it as I am a beach girl. I never encountered any broken sun beds and there were always sufficient to go around during my weeks stay. The grounds were well kept by a team of gardeners on a daily basis who even cut down Coconuts and palm leaves to ensure they did not hit any customers. My rate included free breakfast which was very good - very big selection of Western/Asian food, freshly squeezed juices and an egg station. The beach bar does a happy hour 6-8pm which has a nice atmosphere as people come round from the marina. The majority of the time in the evening I ordered from the A la carte menu mainly as I only wanted one course and the buffets were 95-100 ringgits per person. The food was very nice and the house white was an option of Chardonnay or Sauv Blanc. The main selling point of the resort for me was the staff they were friendly and always had a smile with a good morning etc. It was exactly what I wanted to end my holiday on a very relaxing and laid back week. There are frequent boats to the main island which do finish between 7-8pm unless you are willing to pay 160 before midnight and 220 after. I only had one day off the island to go up the cable car I intended to do more but the lure of relaxation was too great. The food prices are higher than the main island but you are paying for the staff to be boated on and off the island and the care they take on cleanliness and maintaining the grounds. Yes they do fog on alternate days but as a person who gets eaten alive by mosquitos I did not mind as I was aware of this due to Trip Advisor and the welcome letter I received. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay, was sad to leave and would go back.

Room Tip: I would go for a top floor superior room with sea view.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo