Vivanta by Taj Rebak Island, Langkawi
Ranked #9 of 100 Hotels in Langkawi
“Rebak”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

The staff were generally very friendly, helpful and attentive. The morning walks by their hired guide was lovely. His name is Selva. He was very engaging, informative and provided useful infor ation along the route when we did the morining walks. His walk was termed by him as "walking yoga". Definately a recommended activity. Its free too.

This place is where one would go to to relax and rejuvernate.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Joe S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (454)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

My wife and I celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary on the resort and found it very good. Great service by all staff. Good food. Rooms were cleaned and serviced twice a day from what we could tell. The resort too care of us very well.
I would highly recommend this resort to anyone wanting a peaceful holiday with easy access to Langkawi island for shopping or eating out away from the resort.
We had a GREAT holiday........

Room Tip: Any of the rooms are within close proximity to the amenities. We rented a sea view room. Big bed, lo...
1 Thank LPMaut
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

we stayed at this hotel for 2 nights with my friends. lovely environment. clean and comfortable rooms. very relaxing with nice and helpful staff. scenery is unforgettable. special thanks to Mr Loo Paul the security manager of the resort.

Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Stay here for 3 nights on July 2014. Room is big, nice view (I have ocean view). Some improve on bathroom amenities is needed (I need to use my own). Staff are friendly but sometimes too friendly that made me feel a bit uncomfortable. The ride to the island is really fun. Swimming pool is clean and nice, food is ok. Beach is under expectation, I thought water in the island is better but not really, some tells this season the quality of water is not that good in the whole Langkawi.
I don't why I cannot get a lot of good photos, maybe the location of the island and the amount of sunlight the island is getting or maybe I'm not that good.
The down size, public toilet in between restaurant and receptionist is smelling and the design is really bad when you opens the door it's very difficult to go in (I'm average Asian size) don't know how the European can enter that toilet.

Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel with 3 girlfriends for a girlie break away from the rat race for the weekend.

Firstly - the staff were wonderful, very accommodating (allowed us to have a late checkout at 3pm, free of charge). The transfers from airport to harbour to hotel were also very efficient and courteous.

Hotel itself was lovely. A little shabby round the edges, but clean and good facilities. The nightlife didn't really happen - which was fine for us as we didn't want crazy nights - but there wasn't much atmosphere past 9pm. People seemed to eat quite early too - there were a few families so that could be why.

The pool was great. Sunken pool bar which was brilliant - haven't seen one of those in a few years! The beach was lovely but we didn't stray far from the pool. One of us went for a dip in the sea but it was a bit dirty apparently.

Our rooms were perfectly facilitated. Tea/coffee making, double sinks in the ENORMOUS bathroom and the beds were also huge and very comfy. Air conditioning worked perfectly and the rooms were cleaned beautifully. I would bring your own hair dryer though if you need to style your hair properly - the ones on the bathroom wall weren't great.

Food was delicious. We stuck to the buffet for most meals and had lunch by the pool. Excellent choice and a good mix of world cuisines - all done well - which is unusual.

I recommend this highly for a quick break in a safe, clean hotel with lovely staff and good food. If you want luxury or a happening nightlife, stay elsewhere - but this place is great. We loved it.

1 Thank taniabets
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

This is a perfect getaway from the busy city life. Located on a private island this is a perfect honeymoon getaway.

We stayed from 9th June -13th June 2014 & enjoyed our stay !
The only sad part is that their last complimentary boat service is @ 7:45pm from port langkawi to Rebak Island, which makes it impossible for anyone to explore dining options on port langkawi. Also the AC in the room was not functioning well in spite of repeated complaints.

From the hotel sources, the last complimentary boat leaves at 8:30pm, though this is not officially disclosed to guest.

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank Mustafa B
East Molesey, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

I have to say this was one of the most relaxing breaks I have had for some time. We were met at the airport and then transferred by speed boat to Rebak Island. I read some of the TA reviews on here and that was a great assistance in making our choice. Ok you are on the flight path but planes are on finals before landing and from when you hear them to when they disppear is only 20 seconds - I actually quite enjoyed watching them. We had beach side room, ground floor and the view across to Langkawi was superb, although other parts of the estate looked good too. Management and staff were all fantastic and food choice at breakfast and dinner excellent. I read about the ferry service stopping circa 7.30pm but quite frankly Langkawi seafront did not appeal to me, although can understand the younger set finding this a bit frustrating. I also read about the boat people (the island has a marina) using the hotel facilities but this did not really affect us as the boating season is more October to March. Will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Select sea front.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple