“Thanks for the memories...”

Langkawi Lagoon Resort
Ranked #71 of 104 Hotels in Langkawi
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Stayed here on our honeymoon in one of the Sea Chalets....the view was amazing and the service superd...the staff ensured we had a memorable time and I shall forever cherish my stay here.Thanks and best wishes

Room Tip: Choose the Sea Chalets.they have the best views..
Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 25 December 2013

We went for five days break from Kuala Lumper to the Island of Langkawi, We were given Deluxe Studio, on a jetty out in the Lagoon, the place has several restaurants, two pools, a games room,. The staff were very helpful and were a pleasure to meet. The studio had a day bed in a lounge that could be separated from our bedroom, so our 15 year old had privacy. a bonus. Would recommend the island 150000 people, quiet roads, plenty of things to do and shopping great.

Room Tip: The rooms on the Jetty are unique, private decks, bathroom over the water.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 December 2013

we took 3d2n honeymoon package, and its worth it! the sea-village deluxe studio suite is spacious,facing the andaman. food were delicious, service were good too. last but not least, the suprises were awesome!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 December 2013

I was planning a honeymoon trip and wanted to spend somewhere at very calm and not so crowded location and also wanted to give a surprise to my wife. I finalized Langkawi and booked "Langkawi Lagoon". We reached here some 3-4 hrs before check-in. We were welcomed with a welcome drink. Checkin went very smooth and we were allotted room within 15 mins (room no 312). Nice to see that they accepted my request of early checkin.
Room was very clean, spacious, with nice ventilation having sea, mountain and swimming pool view. I could see Oriental village cable car from my room at a distance. Overall hotel staff was nice and friendly. But staff at restaurant needs continuous follow-ups. Food is fine, got lot of varieties for breakfast. Barbeque dinner will be arranged daily on pool side, ambience will be perfect for a romantic candle light dinner so enjoy but don’t expect much on food.
It has a private beach, with nice, white sand but please be careful as the soil at the shore is muddy and very soft. As soon as I stepped into water I started submerged. Thanks! to my wife that she pooled me at right time.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 December 2013 via mobile

Went to langkawi and booked for a night stay in langkawi lagoon resort. We booked for a junior family suite room in the main building however been upgraded to a duplex room at the sea village. At first did not feel quite happy even though it was a upgrade as there were many bad reviews about it. Upon going in to the room, the room was fine and it was a 2 storey room. Was quite happy till I heard there were sound of squeaking of a mice at the balcony. There lizards and bats. But well, langkawi is an island of nature so you must be ready for all this. Overall the staff were helpful and greatful. Thanks to them for making our stay a wonderful one.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank yourstruly9
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Hi, I had read the reviews for this resort after I had booked as a mystery room with Wotif. I expressed my concerns with Wotif after reading the reviews & they advised that if it was as bad as the reviews they would assist. Well the sea villages were as bad as the reviews. The lounge & chair were stained. The linen on the bed was dirty. The bathroom was mouldy. It was generally very old & tired. The lighting at the top of the stairs at the entrance was non existant. I would not recommend staying in these rooms to anyone. The staff were very helpful when I complained about the room and asked to be changed to another room. They told me that all the other available accommodation was a downgrade. Well the room they showed us was amazing & I still cannot understand how anyone would consider the new room a downgrade compared to the horrible sea village. Anyway, we were very happy with the room we were downgraded to. Lol. This resort is not really close to anything. The restaurant was full of mosquitoes & did not have shisha available as was advertised on the website. Also, if you like to consume alcohol at one of the bars you will have problems.

Room Tip: Choose another resort.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KerriRousseau
Reviewed 4 December 2013 via mobile

Me and my wife stayed at this hotel for our honey moon!!

And honestly it wasn't that great!!

I mean there is bugs everywhere and sometimes long walks to our room!!

Breakfast was eatable, i stayed for 3 days and the coffee was never hot!!

I might recommend this hotel but i'm gonna give lots of warnings to people!!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple