“Not Good.”
Review of Kedawang Beach Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Langkawi
Kedawang Beach Inn
Ranked #74 of 153 Langkawi B&B and Inns
“Not Good.”
Reviewed 23 June 2013

I stayed here during the Malaysian school holidays and if i'd thought i could walk away from it then i would have done. Manager was rude and bordering on aggressive/confrontational. He said he didn't receive the deposit but that Hostel Bookers did - so we needed to pay it again (only another 50RM but still!). Room was satisfactorily basic but bedsheets weren't nice.

Yes, it is a good location... but so is pretty much anywhere on Cenang beach. There are some chalet's 100m down the beach where the staff were much more helpful and rooms cheaper so I'd recommend that. Oh and we booked the "chalet room"... and it's not a chalet at all, it's just another room but more expensive.

Room Tip: No point paying more for "chalet" - if you do stay here just go for the regular room.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cotswold_traveller_1986

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Indonesian first
Reviewed 5 June 2013 via mobile

This place started off badly and continued to go downhill. reception staff messed up our booking and tried to the put us in a cheaper room for a more expensive price thinking we wouldnt notice. the manager was aggressive when he became involved and even tried to make us pay the deposit again. as it was school holidays and everywhere else was booked up we had to stay otherwise we would have left at that point. the manager was clearly very inexperienced, aggressive, and disinterested, and the reception staff very giggly and dishonest.

rooms were dilapidated, e.g. taps not working, sheets dont fit the bed, cheap and ugly furntiture, dead kitten on the welcome mat. to top it off it was very expensive for what it was. we moved to malibest which really puts this place to shame.

the only good thing about kedawang beach inn is the location- close to a quiet part of the beach. however, this is not a good enough reason to stay here as there are plenty of much better places close to the beach.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank iamaliceb

Travellers are raving about these Langkawi hotels

Pattaya, Thailand
Reviewed 9 May 2013

My wife and I am very disappointed with this Inn. It has many mosquitoes around. It is not tidy and the reception is far away in another building. It looks haunted, dark and uninviting. We felt unsafe as it was situated away from the main road and secluded.The TV has only 1 channel and is blurred. My friend's room has no TV. When we wanted to extend our stay another day they raised the price so we left. For what it cost, there are many other hotels near by which are cheaper and better.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 April 2013 via mobile

The best thing about this place is the people. From when we arrived we found the owner to be a quiet, gentle, friendly and helpful man. But most of all they are honest!...
We left after one night because we wanted to be in the middle of Cenang beach. The day later I realised I was missing my favourite ring, thought it was safe with my other jewellery. After a lot of searching we realised I must have left it at Kedawan. To be honest I wasn't hopeful they would be helpful, but I was wrong. My partner went to see them and they were very helpful. No one was in the room so they both looked, but it wasn't there. The owner took our phone number saying he would talk to their cleaner and let us know. The next day we received a call from the owners wife, they had it! I was so happy and grateful that they were all so helpful and honest.

The guesthouse itself:
The room has a large comfy bed and enough furniture, including wardrobe, desk and bedside table. There is also a TV with cable, it has a bad picture but just about watchable.
The bathroom is large with a hot water shower.
They provide sheets, towels and soap.
It could do with a clean, but was good enough.

There is a separate large kitchen for guests use with a large fridge, other cooking facilities, a free water cooler and a selection of books and magazines.

The location is good, close to the beach and restaurants.

• Stayed March 2013
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 7 February 2013

I think room was expensive 150 ringgit a night, for what you got. But I booked quite late so not much choice.
Rooms are dark inside, no ventilation as no mosquito netting across windows, so cannot open window due to the number of mosquitoes encouraged by the vine outside which makes it very dark.
Bought a insect spray for the room which got rid of them, but due to lack of ventilation it was very difficult to get rid of of the smell from the room to make it comfortable to stay in.
It was also noisy when people were coming back at night due to layout of rooms.
The basin tap was broken in the room making it almost impossible to to switch on and off the water. Could not get the shower too work in the room.
TV reception so poor it was unwatchable.
Location is quite good.
There was a kitchen you could use but it was not clean, and the fridge was disgusting not clean and smelt unpleasant.
Laundry facility available 6.5 ringgit per kg was good.
Overall would not stay here again if in Langkawi.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 December 2012 via mobile

I booked this little place before arriving in Langkawi from Penang since it had half decent reviews. Firstly, it's pretty cheap given the month of December and lack of accommodation on Langkawi due to the time of year. However, that said, the major downfall for the rooms is the lack of light, it has one window covered by a curtain that even when open lets in limited light for two reasons 1. Tinted windows 2. Overgrowth of outside plants causing canopy of shadow which creates limited light and lots of bugs.
We stayed 6 nights cause they were pure poked but we decided in staying a further 6 nights on Langkawi but booked into White lodge Chalets which were more expensive but sheer luxury compared to the room we had. As I said in my title, this Accomodation would be adequate for a few nights at most given the location to both pantai cenang and Tengah since its slap bang in the middle and you have best of both but any longer than 3 nights I'd think you'd struggle. Good points = location, beach bar beside with excellent sunset view
Bad points = dark, lack of towel change,
Noisy guests, no balcony/private outside space

• Stayed December 2012
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 December 2012

My wife and myself booked an upfront deposit because of the good rating on Trip Adviser, we thought we would take a look at the rooms before we paid any more than our deposit, my wife took one look and decided it was not for us, I do not understand how people can like this place at all! Maybe OK for backpackers but even so there are nicer places also it is not that cheap we found a much better place to stay for only a few Ringets more, it was worth losing our deposit for.

Room Tip: Try somewhere else
Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple