“Scary ride”

US$26.00*
Langkawi Cable Car and Oriental Village with 1-Way Transfer
Ranked #1 of 95 things to do in Langkawi
More attraction details
Owner description: Panorama Langkawi is located on the southwest coast of Langkawi island. The cable car ride will bring you all the way up to about 708 meters above sea level. This journey covers a total distance of 2.2 km linking the Base Station at the foothill of Machinchang mountain to Top Station at the mountain summit & to the SkyBridge.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I took the ride during the late afternoon. It was really windy and I could hear the sound of the wind blowing through the windows which made my ride really scary. Toward the end to the mid stop, it was a really steep ride and I could see the face of the mountain as if I was parallel to it.

Otherwise the ride is totally worth the experience and the scenery is astounding.

Panorama L, Director of Sales at Langkawi Sky Cab, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

Dear sir

congratulation, despite your horrifying feeling you have ride the steepest cable car in the world. thank you for your great review.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

one of the highest cable car ride i have enjoyed in my life till now.the view from the cabins are awesome.The whole island can be view from this place , the sea and island made a good combo for photography lovers.The sky glass bridge is a beautiful attraction but unfortunately it was under repair process when i visited .

Panorama L, Guest Relations Manager at Langkawi Sky Cab, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

Dear sir/madam,

Thank you for visiting Langkawi Skycab. We are delighted by your great comment and we wish to see you again. You may also share you experience in our official facebook/lgkcablecar. For your information, Sky Bridge will be reopening soon with better and bigger attraction.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

WOW! Looking at the cable car going up the mountain from the bottom, it didn't look that steep. But oh my it was! Great views across Langkawi and there are two 'legs' to the cable car. The Skywalk was under construction whilst I was there and I imagine that would be a great experience.

Thank you for the review about Langkawi Skycab. We hope you will come and visit us again in the future.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

This is amazing, if not a bit frightening. Not for the person with any fear of heights! It was a bit windy our day, so you could feel the car moving a bit. Not bad, but made me a tad nervous. The views are amazing and I am very glad we did it. Probably because it was a bit stormy, we did not have to wait in line at all (also Ramadan). Definitely should check it out if you have no fear of heights....

Dear sir/madam,

Reviewed 10 July 2014

This was the highlight of the day trip that my wife and I took around the island in February. Really much better, bigger and more dramatic than we’d expected - and that was even without the incredible walkway at the top, which was closed for repairs. Plus something that doesn't praised enough is that there are lots of shops ranging from regular tourist stalls to more high end outlets at the tourist village at the base of the cable car, making it a good place to do all sorts of shopping if you’re so inclined. Some places there to grab a meal as well.

Panorama L, Executive, Marketing and Business Development at Langkawi Sky Cab, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

Hello,

Thank you and we are glad that you were enjoying the visit. We are sorry regarding skybridge closure. We will open the skybridge by early next year. Do come again to experience it.