“Budget Hotel”
Review of Malibest Resort

Malibest Resort
Ranked #31 of 108 Hotels in Langkawi
Reviewed 7 September 2013

There are several different room categories at Malibest Resort. As the beach front rooms were fully booked, we were given the garden view rooms, which is actually across the road from the main reception/ check in area.
The room was just average but big enough to accommodate 4 adults, with 2 large queen size beds. The bathroom was basic , big but the towel railings were rusty.
The hotel is located nearby various restaurants but you need to take a taxi to get to the clubs & places of interest. Taxi charges are pretty expensive & its more cost saving to rent a car or motorcycle to get round the island. There is a mall about 15-20 mins walk from the hotel.
Staff attentiveness was just average but the staff who was in charge of the airport shuttle was helpful

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CherylAnn7

Reviewed 4 August 2013

I stayed in Malibest resort in Oct 2012. I am late with the review but its important for travelers.
I had booked a hut for 4 nights.Second day of my stay I wanted to go for diving , so I was looking for agents who organizes dive trips. I met one guy at the beach who was a local arranged a dive trip for next day.He claimed to be a part of the hotel and he organizes trips from hotel. I cant recollect the name of the guy. He promised to pick me up from the hotel in the morning. Next morning he never gave me a sought for the trip. I spoke to the reception guy, they called this man.
He had charged me some 20 ringets as advance. He then says the guys have already left for the dive and started blaming me as I was the victim for his show. I asked the hotel management to take care as he was being rude to me. But the hotel management was helpless. No hotel staff did anything to calm this poor headed so called dive organizer of malibest resort. He never returned the advanced and never offered me next dive day.
I also asked the hotel management to sort this as I was totally pissed with this guy, but they never helped me.
This guy threatened me infront of the reception and went away.
I had to change my hotel as I was travelling alone, I was pissed and was in a holiday mood, but this incident spoiled it all.

Room Tip: Choose the front row huts facing the sea.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Anant3504
Reviewed 1 August 2013

It wasn't by choice as we would first see the room and then book it but we got off from the airport at around 9 pm and there was not much time plus our feet were hurting from an excursion from Srilanka that we booked the hotel from a travel agent right outside the airport. She told us its in the center of Langkawi, and the view from the hotel room is amazing as it is sea facing. I however was reluctant to take the risk but didn't have much choice.
when we reached we got a room like hut across the road, so it was not beach facing, although the has other beach facing rooms. The area was 20 steps away from road but not very brightly lit ... with lizards crawling.
I had doubt about the bed that it was perfectly clean, didn't like the wash room much as the toilet seat shower had cap missing ... so i wasn't completely sure of the cleanliness of the two most important places the bed and the room! and they did even offer breakfast although its always charged extra and having a restaurant and not offering is lose in business and a little rude.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 July 2013

I first book this hotel through its website. In the website, I booked for the room that it mentioned facing road. When I first reached the hotel, the hotel staff informed me that I can park my car on the other side of the road. The staff said the car can park in front of our room. Then only I found out the room is not near the beach, but is opposite of the road. However, it is still just a walking distance to the beach.

First enter the room, I can feel the floor is oily and slippery. It was not properly cleaned. The room overall condition is just average. However, it worth the price that we paid because of its location.

Room Tip: Better double confirm with the hotel if you really want to stay at the beach side.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank LovingHubby
Reviewed 26 July 2013

Stayed 3 nights for my anniversary. 1st night the aircon was dripping the whole night,my grandson's bed was wet to the skin.2nd night toilet overflowed.2nd and 3rd days no towels were changed. I wonder whether the beddings were changed!Except for the beach which is clean and has white sand. If your children are playing on the beach,beware of the giant 4wheel pickups and scooters, they are a nusiance for beach users. Beach boys can very rude. You have to pay RM10/- for the usage of deck chairs, even if you are registered guest - real ripoff!. I would not recommend this hotel toany of my friends or any tourists.

Room Tip: Nothing good to add.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank moon4906
Reviewed 18 July 2013

I booked deluxe wooden in Malibest resort for 2 night.. The location is ok, it's located on beach, near to restaurant n shopping place.. The one I disappointed was room cleanliness.. The room was sandy, when I stepped in room, the floor was sandy, even my bed also a bit sandy.. Second day after the cleaner cleaned my room, my room still sandy, it's not made by me.. I was very uncomfortable with sandy room..

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank greentea999
Reviewed 15 July 2013

This hotel has the perfect location which is right in the heart of Pantai Cenang. It is surrounded by activity, right where the action is. Just step out the door and there you find food, shopping, and even the most amazing chill-out beach bar just a few steps away.
I was a tad disappointed that I did not get the beach front room, however, and was shown across the road to albeit larger rooms, but not on the sands. I was not aware that there was a different section of Malibest when booking online and had assumed that all it's rooms were on the beach. The room that I was in was quite large but the bathroom left much to be desired. The shower was extremely weak and lukewarm, the towels provided were stringy and old, and I kept expecting something to crawl out of the gaping drainpipe.
However, the beds were very comfortable and the air-conditioning worked perfectly. The fridge was dead though.
All in all, a pleasant place and good for group holidays.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends