“Beach front Budget Resort”
Review of Malibest Resort

Malibest Resort
Ranked #29 of 104 Hotels in Langkawi
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Large size room with maximum 4 occupants in cenang beach. Had fun and relaxing time. Logistically very well located. Many Indian restaurants . Water sports on beach opposite the resort.Massage center in the area. Happening area . Rice garden and under water world at walking distance.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Pratibha C
There are newer reviews for Malibest Resort

Reviewed 18 June 2014

I am giving this resort a 3, value for money I could possibly give it a 4, but also for our experience I would probably only rate it a 2. We stayed in the tree house and whilst it wasn't a big room it did have everything as advertised and what we needed. It is not everyone's cup of tea and for some I can understand a high rating and others really not liking it at all. The resort is run down, rubbish everywhere, reception area is old, tired and in need of some tlc. We ate at the Indian restaurant and whilst we found it a little expensive, the food was very good. The room itself has all the basic needs, good air-con, bathroom, small fridge and tv. The views are very nice from the balcony. However, because you are right on the beach it is very noisy with people at all hours of the night partying right beside your room. The resort is currently being rebuilt, and I believe they will be knocking down all the current buildings in the near future. The location of the resort is great, plenty of eating places, McDonalds a 15 minute walk up the road with free internet.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Vicki T
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Since Malibest is in the center of Cenang Beach, it makes very convenient to go nearby attraction which is within walking distance. It is also not easy to get because most of the time will be fully booked. I got the room at the beach side but not facing the beach, it is already good enough for me. Well stayed there for 5days 4nights, took 2 rooms. One room with 2 single size bed and another with 2 queen size bed.

Pros: 1. From previous visit the room is much better due to renovation is done for the bathroom.
2. the room is clean and provides basic furniture from TV, cupboard, dressing table, refrigerator, and toiletries.
3. Everyday has housekeeping, so every time comes back to room it is as new as we checked in.
4. Price is reasonable.
5. There is discount for tours for in-house guest.
6. Staff always cleans up the beach side, which is really good and you will be comfortable with cleanliness beach side.
7. Helped to give spare hotel key card when we lost in the middle of the night by the security because the front counter closed at 11pm onwards. Staffs were helpful and never hesitate to help us even it is past midnight.
8. Booth rooms are spacious.

Cons: 1. For the Standard Superior Room non beach, air-conditioner is not cold enough.

Overall love the place and the room.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank j_hema
Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

a totally rundown hotel, when go into the room,feel not very comfort, even a basic hair dryer als no not provided.

secondy is the worker attitude, being in a service line,how come you treated your customer like a dog? i not care that you are not greeting your customer, but at keast when your customer standing in front of the counter,is you come and approach then,not wait until the custoner to ask. Workers are not helpful and friendly at all!!!! Please re-train.

a very very disappointed staying night here.

the only good things is located at the beach front,that's all.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tho M
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Rising 4 stories behind the resort is the new 60 ish room accommodation block that will open onto the road and shops of Langkawi. In the interim in the shadow of this is the old resort. Maintenance is no longer a priority paint is peeling and broken things stay broken . Staying in one of the stilt rooms overlooking the ocean I know that in the future the room would be the deep end of a major pool.

But now the room is a sad reminder of the burres that used to abut the beach and a time when a roof over your head and a mosquito net was enough. But in those days I used to pay $5 a night and was glad for a leaky roof over my head as I toured the world on a shoe string and a prayer. Now I am I have a choice between $85 a night for my little hut or $250 for a room in a sensational resort and that becomes an easy choice as I get older the romance of a broken down hut over the ocean just does not cut it...sorry too old with too many choices.

The location of the resort is great. The sensational seafood restaurants are a 100 meters to your left and 500 mts to your right is the underwater world and it's stores and Macdonalds etc.

Until the new resort is opened spend the extra dollars and go upmarket. There is little in between places like this and the top line resorts so bite the bullet and spend the extra dollars.

When the new resort is complete then this will be great choice.

In the interim I will sit on the balcony watching the seas roll in as I sweat, drink a beer and take in the fragrance of my trusty mosquito coil as I dream of the luxury that could have been.

It sure takes me back some years I can tell you!

Room Tip: Wait until new resort opens in early 2015
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 June 2014

The hotel is in a really good town area along the Cenang beach. A seaview room would have been great. Like so many other hotels in Langkawi, it is under the Baron Group Hotels. I stayed at one of those brick 2 stories rooms. I traveled in group with a hectic schedule, so time spent on actually relaxing in the room was limited. Well to summarize it, here goes:-

The perks
1) Beautiful beach view
2) Comfortable bed
3) Location (center of the Cenang beach walk)
4) Cheap (We stayed during school holidays weekend; 3 rooms, 4 days 3 nights, 11 persons for only RM 1080)
5) In front of 7-11

The not so awesome
1) Room condition (its old and quite dirty at certain area; i.e bathroom floor, corners of the room, closet and etc)
2) Stained bed sheet (Well, it is not that bad actually. Its a completely white sheet which could emphasize more on little little stain on the sheet.)
3) Always sandy floor. (This is a total mystery. My parents went there about a month back and the same thing occur to them. No matter how much you try to keep the sand out, it will always be there.) (P.S. If this is a problem for you, try bringing a disposable room slipper. Works for me :D)

Room Tip: Beach front
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank xtinel33
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed in this hotel on 25 May 2014 for one night only.
I got the standard brick room. This room located accross the main hotel, just like a parking lot actually.

The room is quite large, with 2 large bed in one room. Bed is ok, not that comfort but ok. You can sleep well.
They still use the old tv box, not the flat tv one. Actually I didn't use it that day.

Bathroom is standard, with shower.

This hotel have a India restaurant, forgot the name. But I didn't try to eat there, not my favorite food. So I went to find another cafe near the hotel. There are many cafes there.

Services not that good, receptionist took a while to process the check in. And we can check in at 3pm because the room not ready when we arrived.

Location is good. Near the chenang mall and duty free shop.

But its just a very basic room, nothing special there beside the beach!

Maybe I would concider another hotel if I visit Langkawi again next time.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends