“Decent Hotel”

Ranked #24 of 103 Hotels in Langkawi
Pune
“Decent Hotel”
Reviewed 28 July 2010

We stayed in this hotel, per the lonely planet description of the place. It offers good value for money, though the in house restaurant is expensive. We stayed there for 2 days. It is located on Pentai Cenang, along with a plethora of other restaurants.

The rooms are clean and adjacent to the beach. The rooms were a little stuffy. The bathrooms were clean but minimal amenities. WiFi is in the lobby only. The beds are comfortable with aircon and TV.The restaurant is Indian, and serves Indian dishes. But expensive, as compared to the food outside.

Overall, decent value for money.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Mumbai India
Reviewed 14 July 2010

We stayed at malibest resort in june 2010. The room was beachfront superdeluxe.The location was undoubtedly outstanding. White sands outside the room and blue water...but the cost was 150 RM with no breakfast at all. Moreover when we complained for the poor air con ...the service was not there at all. The guy did not attend us for a longtime. Aftter repeat complaint they adviswed us to shift to a remote room wooden deluxe of whhich the air con was worse. Thw bathroom was not clean and one night the WC choked to death.
The reception staff was not only rude but also did not want to figure out things and help us out. The indian restaurant Palace D India situated right at Malibest resort was overpriced and the quality was OKAY.
This was all overpowered by the location which was just outstanding. the island was very picturesque.
No drinking water, hair dryer.....
Stay if your endurance is high. Stay for good location. Many eateires around.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 July 2010

I came to Langkawi vacation..that was during school holiday..I with my friend didn't manage to book a hotel..so after we reach there,we just random search for a hotel or resort to stay..that time was 10am morning..every hotel check in is after 2pm..but this resort,their reception is so kind enough to let us enter after we had been sit for 8hour bus..the service is really good as their staf is vy helpful..they give us the room which is nearby the beach..normally those chalet facing seaview is rather expensive than the normal price.Yet the staff give us the normal price and facing seaview!Gosh..I had a great time while staying there..Next trip,I will bring my friends again to stay at this resort!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
Surfers Paradise, Australia
Reviewed 3 July 2010

Staff were very friendly and helpful especially considering that we checked in late after missing our flight to Langkawi. We stayed in one of the treehouses and the view was absolutely stunning. I'll never forget waking up in the morning and pulling open those curtains to see this spectacular view. The resort was very well positioned within walking distance of dozens of great restaurants and bars.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
Ipoh
Reviewed 29 June 2010

Very convinient Pantai Cenang. Nice beach. Good food. Nite is alive. Just open your room and u can see the long beach and the sand is so smooth. Great vacation - an unforgetable getaway from my routine life. Best!!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Kota Kinabalu
Reviewed 27 June 2010

this is my 6th times back in this resorts, the frontdesk are very helpful. I notices that there are a lot of improvement around the resort since my first visit back in 5 years ago. it even have an in house safe box. I stayed right next to the beach.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
Hong Kong
Reviewed 19 June 2010

Arrogant staff. Mismanagement by them in booking.....
Did not inform us how's my booking procedures after I have banked-in the deposit. When I sent a email for confirmation, they just ignore me!!! I kept on sending email to them and after four days...they responded. But they placed the blame on us that Super Deluxe(Beach Front) available for us since I have sent to many email for them?! C'mon!! I sent a email to them daily becuz I cannot receive any reply for my reservation and I have given them my deposit!!!
Now my room was given to other customers and they didnt tell me which room I can still stay for or how's my deposit now!!! So angry!!! I dunno what can I do now....

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank wingwingjen

Travellers are raving about these Langkawi hotels