“Perfect !”

Dev's Adventure Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Dev's Adventure Tours is an eco-friendly company with a dedicated group of nature guides who will give you an introduction to Langkawi's natural wonders. Experience the flora and fauna of Langkawi in a kayak, in a boat or on a bicycle and you will be amazed what this island has to offer. All trips will start with a minimum of 2 guest and there are many last-minute options, especially for single travellers.
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I did the jungle trek in the morning one day, and a Mangrove Kayak tour on another day. Both of them was with Khirien : he is the perfect combination between skills and kindness. He really knows what he is talking about, that was a great pleasure to listen to the details of the jungle he gave me, on the trek and all that is usefull in the jungle, and what was done in the Mangrove north east of the Island.
I would definitively recommand Dev's Adventure !!
One last thing : they are involving local people once a week if I remember well, to make them aware of the treasure they are living in !

Perfect ! Thanks a gain to Dev's and to Khirien espacially :)

1  Thank Raffaele N
Write a ReviewReviews (2,248)
All reviews
in 49 reviews
"great guide"
in 62 reviews

Reviewed 30 July 2014

My sister and I booked the jungle trek/evening walk for our third day in Langkawi and we were so glad that we did it. Pick up from our hotel to Berjaya Resort was all organised and ran smoothly on the day despite a heavy downpour an hour before the walk!

It is a very unique experience to have in a place like Langkawi and having such a friendly and knowledgeable guide like Khirien to take us through it was a privilege. Khirien is friendly, energetic and very passionate about his work. His enthusiasm when it comes to wanting to share the knowledge that he has about the flora fauna and the environment is inspiring. His grasp of the Japanese language was also a pleasant surprise!

We got to see some very interesting animals, including squirrels, bats and lemurs that you would normally miss if you decided to trek on you own through the forests in Langkawi. We even used a lot of the knowledge that he gave us when we decided to trek on our own in Penang National Park!

I would recommend this tour to anybody who will visit Langkawi. A friend of mine from Canada is visiting Langkawi in November. I cannot recommend this tour highly enough!

1  Thank Roseanne K
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We did this tour on the first full day of our holiday. it was a great way to kick off seeing Langkawi and learning a lot about their floral, fauna and local culture from the well informed guides. Our guide, Shoot (a anglo version of her real name), was perfect with a relaxed yet educational approach. I am glad we picked to go on an Eco style tour as seeing the polution around and the unnatural way the animals who had got used to tour feeding lived I was glad we were not contributing to it. our party consisted of 3 young children under 7yrs and they all loved it along with the 3 grandparents that were with us as it offered something for everyone.

Dev's Adventure Tours were super easy to deal with as I pre booked before going. they didn't require any payment before hand which had been a confusing issue with another tour company i had booked with. they provided bottled water for everyone but we took extra which on a warm day was needed. The boats have a canopy but as you are wildlife spotting a lot you can get sun burnt so sunscreen is a must.

Definitely a must do.

1  Thank Loren1974
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Our tour guide Mandy was very knowledgable about the nature and sights on our tour. It was good to get out and see a different area and seethe other side of Langkawi. Very fun and worthwhile tour

2  Thank Karen_5555