“Dev's Adventure Tours Langkawi - I highly recommend these trips” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dev's Adventure Tours

Dev's Adventure Tours
Ranked #2 of 53 Tours in Langkawi
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Dev's Adventure Tours is an eco-friendly company with a dedicated group of nature guides who will give you an introduction to Langkawi's natural wonders. Experience the flora and fauna of Langkawi in a kayak, in a boat or on a bicycle and you will be amazed what this island has to offer. All trips will start with a minimum of 2 guest and there are many last-minute options, especially for single travellers.
Singapore
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Dev's Adventure Tours Langkawi - I highly recommend these trips”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2009

I just like to thank Dev's adventures tours and say what a fantastic day out we had kayaking through the mangroves in Langkawi.. Our tour guide Khiri was exceptional and really made the day special. We learnt so much about the wild life on this trip and really enjoyed every moment. We would be back to see Langkawi and try out another one of their many exciting adventures they have to offer in the very near future.

1 Thank AsiaSingapore

• Korean first
UAE
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Three adventure trips in Langkawi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2009

Two weeks ago both me and my wife went to Langkawi and stayed there for 4 days. We went for three atractive trips with Dav's Adventure Tours.
Our first trip was the Mangrove boat trip we were 6 in the boat and our guide was Selva. He has a lot of knowledge about nature and history we enjoyed the trip very much although we were not able to see any snake.
The second trip was a Nature Cycling Trip. It was private trip only for both of us and Aida Rahman was our guide. Aida is a wonderful person. She loves her job.
The third trip was the Jungle Trekking. We were only three and our guide was Dav. He is a conservationist and he loves nature. He was looking everywhere around and was able to spot several plants, animals and reptiles.

Singapore
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A whole new experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2009

I just came back with my family from a week long stay in langkawi. We had Dev's Mangrove Boat Tour as our first day activity. We had Aida as our guide. She is a wonder person with great personality and very passionate on the job. Though we had experience visiting the mangrove nature reserve in Singapore, but this one in langkawi is one that visitors should not missed. We saw a few kingfishers, snake, monitor lizard, monkeys and to our surprise, dolphines. Although the price may seems to be a little higher compare to the other tour operators, but you can be assured of the quality with Dev's.

Our 2nd tour with Dev's was the night jungle trekking. I must say, luck is not on our side this time. The only excitement came from a couple of flying lemus and a pair of sleeping horebill. Visitors who stay at Berjaya resort might want to consider joining the free evening walk conducted for Berjaya guest before you decided if you want to join this tour.

London
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Beautiful Langkawi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2009

We booked two trips with Dev's tours, the mangrove boat trip and jungle trekking, and they both turned out to be the highlights of our holiday for totally different reasons! The mangrove boat tour was utterly amazing and our guide was knowledgeable and truly passionate about the wildlife around us. From snakes to dolphins, we saw it all, and I would recommend this trip to anyone with a love of nature.

The jungle trekking was another matter! It is definitely not for the faint of heart and I must admit that, being of a slightly clumsy disposition, I was terrified when confronted with the rocky path our enthusiastic guide presented us with. But I made it through two hours of intense heat and steep climbing and my reward was the sight of beautiful flying lemurs and giant red squirrels. Absolutely terrifying but absolutely worth it!

It is just a shame that more tours are not as eco-friendly as Dev's and I hope that any future visitors to Langkawi will not make the mistake of booking their trips to the mangroves with anyone else.

Melbourne,Aus
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Don't leave Langkawi without doing the mangroves tour.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2009

After reading all the positive reviews on TA, we decided to do the mangrove boat trip on our recent trip to Langkawi. All the reviewers were spot on.

I cannot fault anything about the trip from the moment I sent an enquiry email to book the trip, to the moment we were dropped back at our hotel afterwards.They even provided ideal weather!

The trip started with a short boat ride to the bat cave.Then a 30 minute walking tour through the cave and on the boardwalk between the mangroves and rainforest.Our guide, Selva, was informative and entertaining.After leaving the cave,it was about 2 hours of animal spotting as we slowly cruised down the river.On our trip we saw snakes,lizards,monkeys,owls.kingfishers and wild dogs.Plenty of time to take photos and Selva was more than helpful to help those who had trouble spotting the more camoflagued animals.

Next was a stop a small fishing outpost which gave you a chance to stretch your legs and " answer nature's call". Then it was out to the Andaman Sea and weaving through the limestone cliffs of the Klim Geopark to see the eagles soaring above.

By now we are 4 hours into our trip and it is time for lunch at the thai restaurant at a fish farm.Afterwards there is short stroll around the farm with a chance to feed the mantaray. The last part of the trip is the boat ride back to base and some further oppurtunity for animal spotting.

The mangrove boat trip definetly lived up to the hype.

1 Thank Immers