“Wonderful place to eat!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sun Cafe

Sun Cafe
Ranked #7 of 409 Restaurants in Langkawi
Cuisines: Italian, Bar, Cafe, European, Asian, Malaysian
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, After-hours, Brunch, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Ascot
“Wonderful place to eat!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

We were recommended this cafe by guests at the place we were staying at. As it was literally 5 minutes stroll from where we were staying we thought we would give it a try. How glad we were that we did! We ended up eating there for at least 3 of the 8 nights that we were in Langkawi. Fabulous people, so warm, welcoming and friendly. Food was lovely with plenty of choice. Desserts were amazing! Service with a smile and excellent value for money. Do give it a try, we can assure you that you won't be disappointed and will want to go back again.

Visited November 2013

• Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
London, England
“A must do”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2013

This café is more than it first appears, from the range of meals to drinks and the quality of service. When I visited I had just come from KL and was feeling pretty jaded. The staff welcomed me with open arms and asked what business was I doing in Langkawi, I had long trousers on and a shirt, I had to explain that I had some very nasty mossy bites and had to keep them covered. When they saw them they informed me that they were sand fly bites and should be treated more vigorously. Their info helped, along with some antibiotics. but getting back to the food, I must have tried one of almost every variety of cuisine served here and could only praise them for the quality and to somewhat scold them for the quantity, too much for my meagre appetite. Beef Rendang is brilliant, I love stews of this type and quality.
check out the toilet, very strange, and quirky.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Dave M
Shanghai, China
“Great”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2013 via mobile

We are eating here right now. Food presentation is great along with great taste and has a nice little outside area. I would come again.

2 Thank Lenobasso
Northern Ireland
“Mai tai and”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013

Barricuda excellent and I had the Udang Icapitan..... I have never tasted anything like this!! I am now on the look for ginger flower!!! Sacha? In UK ? I think not! See you next year

Visited November 2013
Vancouver, Canada
“Amazing food!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2013 via mobile

Stopped by this restaurant for lunch and ended up going back for dinner too. Ordered a traditional malay nasi goreng, cheese burger and potato leek soup for lunch. All were delish!!! The potato leek soup was exceptional...creamy and satisfying. Burger was generous size with lots of veggies and fixings. The nasi goreng was really flavourful and beautifully presented. Met the owner and fellow Canadian, Sashi-ko (sorry for the spelling) who was so nice and kind. She recommended the barracuda fish and she was soooo right. For dinner, we ordered that along with penne with mushroom, beef rendang, nasi campur, pumpkin soup and potato leek soup (again!!!!). One word to describe the barracuda fish...amazing!!!!!! We all agreed that we could eat this dish again and again. The moist fish was perfectly cooked and seasoned, presented on a bed of ka-kong (on choy) and served with potato gratin. Even the fish haters loved this amazing fish dish. We all agreed that we could of eaten at Sun Cafe everyday. Price comparable to Canadian restaurants...some may find expensive compared to other traditional Malaysian restaurants but our consensus is that it is well worth it. Give this restaurant a try...bright, clean, attentitive service, and amazing food. P.S. Sun Cafe has the most unique spa-like bathroom too...go see for yourself.

1 Thank Vanmel