“Everything you want for an evening out”
Review of Nam at Bon Ton

Nam at Bon Ton
Ranked #22 of 426 Restaurants in Langkawi
Price range: US$0 - US$50
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Everything you want for an evening out”
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

From walking into the restaurant to leaving and paying the bill the whole evening was just great. The little boss Amir spotted straight away my wife was Scottish and the banter started. We were with friends who had been to the restaurant 12 years ago and spookily we got the same table. Linda out waitress continued with the banter and gave us great service and of course excellent food. The ambiance and atmosphere were wonderful, a beautiful restaurant. Thanks Amir and Linda you made our night.

Visited August 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Madrid, Spain
“Perfect Malaysian food”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Perfect food at the perfect place.

Awesome restaurant! Perfect place to enjoy the sunset, completely surrounded by rice fields and a lake, in a beautifully decorated lounge, with an extremely helpful and friendly service!

Food is amazing, very fresh products and a great variety of local specialities, spices and flavours! Just order the mixed malaysian platter to try a bit of everything!

It is a bit more expensive than other restaurants, but it is definitely worth paying the extra price

• Visited April 2014
A TripAdvisor Member
“Nice setting”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

My husband and I ate here after recommendation. We arrived at 6.10pm and as their main menu didnt commence until 7pm and we were only able to order from a snack menu, we decided to leave and pop back later so we could have dinner. The surroundings were quaint Malay decor with authentic Malay accommodation on the lawn....the restaurant overlooked the lawn, pool and swamp. We ordered the local set menu and a mixed grill. I have to say that the local dishes were curried aubergine, quite tasty ( very small samples of these dishes presented on a wooden tray)curried beef and lamb, fried okra, pickle meat and rice.....this was all ok but I had food envy of my husbands mixed grill.....it was delicious......koftas , chicken kebab, lamb and beef kebabs and yellow rice. This was rather expensive as a meal 180 ringitts,but I gave 4 stars because of the setting and grounds.

• Visited July 2014
Sydney, Australia
“Very good food and atmosphere”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I must admit to having misgivings after going through the front entrance at Bon Ton Resort as I was expecting some luxurious, boutique resort that oozed exclusivity. However, it was more like some rather basic village albeit with a certain charm and relaxed vibe so we decided to try the restaurant after a cursory look at the menu to make sure my wife's vegetarian requirements would be OK.

My wife had the vegetarian platter which she said was very good and I opted for the lobster entree followed by the beef steak main as recommended by previous reviewers. I agree with the lobster which was excellent but I have had better steaks especially given the relatively high price.

We were there for the sunset which is highly recommended and greatly added to the ambiance.

Service was a bit patchy but still OK.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Lexus51
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Not Cheap but worth for the price”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

we had dinner here with a fabulous view of sunset . Food is excellent , good service and i love their dessert so much ! will definitely come back when visit langkawi again .

• Visited June 2014