“Good hotel & Friendly staffs” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Perdana

Hotel Perdana
Ranked #1 of 38 Hotels in Kota Bharu
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Good hotel & Friendly staffs”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Nice rooms, good for business trip or family holiday...... Good breakfast. Had a good stay here and recommended as the location is strategic. Not too far from the China town as well. Definitely value for money.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

I was a bit sceptical about this hotel due to my previous experience. Anyway, it was a pleasant surprise to me when I reached the hotel lobby, it's all new and pleasant, the surrounding, the smiling staff, they really make me feel welcome and happy with the change. Check in was smooth. Wow, the room is so clean, spacious with simple but neat decorations, i feel so comfortable and delighted. The view from my room is also very nice. Breakfast is wonderful, they serve more on local food and that is a great idea because we do not have to go out hunting for local food, it's all here, well prepared and taste marvelous. And the great thing about this hotel is the spacious lobby, and they have big screen at each segment of the lobby, maybe it's because of the World Cup! Well congratulation Hotel Perdana, you really have made a wonderful facelift and I like it very much!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

it's a 3 days 2 nights stay at Hotel Perdana.It took me 15 minutes to reach there from the Airport.The hotel staffs are very friendly.I took the deluxe classic as I am travelling alone,It's located centrally and close to all the infrastructure.Check in went smoothly,so does checking out.Breakfast was a great experience as they serve plenty of local dishes such as rice dishes..Nasi kerabu,nasi lemak,Noodles,porridge and a basic spreads of continental's.The room service menu are pretty good.there's a food court about 5 mins walk.I will definitely goo back there and will recommend it to friends.

Room Tip: the building only comprises of 3 floors .Always ask for room which is away from the elevator
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank nitayusoff732014
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

we had a pleasant stay.
our room was clean and it was quiet at the 10th floor.
although the breakfast buffet need more western food, it was still enjoable.
the staff were always ready to help and friendly
we had memorable days! :)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Lutchie
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

I stayed in this hotel from Saturday till Thursday on a business trip, first time. Newly refurbished (and new building on another side), I was given the refurbished room. Within the first hour, I had an asthma reaction, probably due to the room was still dusty. Couldn't sleep well the first night kept waking up and having the asthma puff. In the morning asked for a vacuum of the room, and returning after work, all way ok until I checked out. Thank you for that.

I had the opportunity to have one room service (Hawaiian pizza), two cafe meals (Fish & Chips, and Uncle John's Fried Rice). I also used the gym daily, it was facing the pool. Didn't use the swimming pool and spa.

The Good -
1. The entire hotel staff was friendly. Every time coming back from the gym, I walked past the entrance of the cafe and was greeted. During my morning meal, I was greeted by the chef. Walking the corridors to room, I was greeted by housekeeping. Running the treadmill, greeted by the gym staff.

2. Food portion was HUGE! The pizza took me three seating to finish. I could barely finish the fish and chips, and I gave up trying to finish the fried rice. Real value for money.

3. The bed was very comfy. I slept with six pillows (taken two extra from the closet).

The To-Be-Improved
1. I notice that if you park the car on the other car park, you can't really turn right to the main road and have to do a detour behind some houses.

2. Adjacent rooms with connecting doors are not entirely soundproof. I can hear voices on the other side speaking (not shouting) and their television.

The Weird
I'm a traveler who puts on the Do Not Disturb sign the moment I get into my room and keep it there until I check-out. I do this to avoid wastage of towel changes (I'm not a dirty fellow who needs towel changed daily), plastic bags in trash cans, refill of shampoos, and the 10-15mins housekeeping need to spend just sprucing up the room. However, this is the FIRST hotel that has the Do Not Disturb sign connected to the main switch. This means that, when I leave the room removing the card from the power slot, the Do Not Disturb sign turns off and so, housekeeping cleans the room. I don't want to leave the card there just for the Do Not Disturb and having some electricity spent. I think the hotel need to look into this. I ended up leaving a tip for housekeeping when I left for their hard work.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank masjavv
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

Its my first time stay at Kota Bharu, Kelantan and I have not been expected hotel at Kota Bharu would give a great service.BUT, once a step into reception check in on 13th June at noon time, their is a smile and good follow up with my room Deluxe Classic that I booked from website.I have been told room was not ready and only ready at 2pm.Did informed to reception staff I would go for swimming first while waiting room ready.At 2pm, received 2 times call from Reception informing that room was ready.Upon step inside deluxe classic, amazing room was superb big, clean and nice deco.Hotel swimming pool and Gym was provide a great time for me to use.Not forget the hotel spa give a value money and good massage. In addition, not expecting that hotel morning breakfast was absolutely great taste especially with two dishes I like to eat@Nasi kerabu and nasipulut ikan masin.Keep the great service and im sure your Hotel perdana should give 5 star hotel ranking. I will return on July again.From@Room 340

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Brian888KL
HPKB_2013, Marketing Communications Manager at Hotel Perdana, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear Brian888KL,
Thank you for being our guest at Hotel Perdana Kota Bharu, Kelantan.
We are delighted to have you as our guests and will always ensure our guests are satisfied staying with us. We train our staff to always smile and greet guest genuinely...from the heart.
Making sure our guests are happy and satisfied are our main priority. We hope to see you again soon!
Warmest regards from ALL of us at Hotel Perdana Kota Bharu.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

I wasn't looking forward to Kota Bharu visit as my previous stay in Perdana and Renaissance a couple of years ago had been terrible. I was therefore pleasantly surprised to have been booked into this newly refurbished Perdana hotel. It was clean, the room was spacious and the decor modern and not over the top. Food was excellent and the restaurant layout was interesting. It is bright and welcoming. The staffs greeted me with genuine smiles, very efficient check in and out, room service was fast. The only complain was the guests across the room- I think the couple had 3 pre teen children who made so much noise, running around the hallway and banging on doors etc. all night Also the late night World Cup cheers did disturb my sleep. The hotel need to look into the inter room walls and work on dampening the noise a bit. Other than that I would like to congratulate the hotel and hope you won't allow the hotel to deteriorate like it did before...

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business