“Small is beautiful”

Ranked #14 of 39 Hotels in Kota Bharu
Shah Alam, Malaysia
“Small is beautiful”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Assalamualikum and greetings, my friend and I booked this hotel via the phone. The booking was easy and quick, the receptionist was very polite. That was a good impression. Some front-desk people tends to rush you. By the way, this was my second stay.
It was easy to locate Habib coz it was right smack in the middle of KB. I'm not sure but they don't seem to have a parking lot of their own, you park your car right infront of the shoplot which is under the management of the Majlis Bandaraya KB I reckon. It was however, a nice enough parking area - under shady trees.

Habib is runs by the famous jewellery company I believe. It is small and simply decorated. You have got to ride the slow elevator to get the feel of the boutique hotel. Room was so so, television channels were limited. Shower was a little slow. Breakfast was so so again. However, the staff were nice and helpful. Room service was prompt, and the food was yummy, (we ordered Mee mamak and Fried Meehoon).
It is a no-frill hotel, clean and friendly hotel. Nice enough to sleep in after a long jalan-jalan around the city.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Halima57

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Indonesian first
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Check-in and check-out was a breeze. Comfortable room, if somewhat weird (a pillar in the middle of the room).

Good location if you're willing to walk. Short drive to almost everywhere in town. Plenty of delicious eateries nearby (do some online research before you go).

Short drive to Pasar Siti Khadijah, Bazar Buluh, Istana Jahar, Tambatan Diraja, etc.

On the Friday I was staying, there were an event nearby and guests got to remove their car before of after 8.30 am - 10.30 am. That was the only inconvenience for me.

Hotel has potential but could use some TLC.
A good choice for a convenient and comfortable short stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

The location was great for us as we were looking for a hotel close to the bus station. Next day we traveled to the Perhentians.
The room was ok. The bed sheet had a blood spot, I wonder if the bed was cleaned. The towels had stains but they were washed I could smell that, fresh.

We slept very well, no noise, and the bed is confortable. Breakfast was ok.
For one night it was ok.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Samhollznd
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 16 March 2014

My family and I booked for 2 Nights stay at this Hotel. Simply booked for this hotel after reading reviews from others. We booked for Superior Rooms. Prior to our departure to Kota Bharu, I've spoken to the Manager of the hotel that we will need some frozen space to keep our Keropok Lekor which we bought from Terengganu (approx 20 kgs). There is a parking slot reserved for the hotel's guest.

Pros:
(1) Quite Centralised - walking distance to tourist attractions, Pasar Siti Kadhijah, etc.
(2) Staffs are very accommodating & friendly
(3) Kind Manager allowing us to store our keropok Lekor in their ice freezer.

Cons:
(1) The water pressure in the shower are low. I takes hours for me to shower and due to the low water pressure, the shower waters are hot (coz I turn on the water heater).
(2) Mosquitoes in the hotel room, corridors
(3) No minibar or safe box for Superior room
(4) Breakfast was basic but tasty
(5) The bathroom looked very old and mouldy

Overall, I find that this hotel needs improvement in running their business. Habib Hotel, please accept my review as positive criticism.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Muzanee
Worcester UK
Reviewed 13 March 2014

pleasant reception with restaurant adjoining.
Room walls were dirty and the bathroom needed the scum cleaned off the shower area. Needs net curtain on window as flats next door look straight in.
Bed was clean and comfortable and towels clean – slept well.
Breakfast was good and the meal we had was also good.
central position – easy to walk around town / visit museums – local bus and taxi station just up the road.
Would we stay again - no

Room Tip: high floor back
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Wasn't sure what to expect at this hotel as it's a lot cheaper than most other hotels in the town. Was pleasantly surprised though. It was clean, in a good location and felt safe. Thought the hotel staff were particularly helpful and friendly.

Breakfast wasn't amazing but wasn't too bad. Booked a taxi through the hotel and it was fine.

Not terribly much going on in the town. We just stayed one night on our way to the Perhentian islands.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 24 December 2013

For the price I paid it is far better than the other budget hotel around the area. The hotel was situated in the middle of Kota bahru with internet facilities not found in budget hotel. The room that I booked came with breakfast which is barely adequate. There isn't really a choice either toast or the normal fried rice. The hotel would throw in some cakes. Staying in Kota Bahru I would expect the local delicacies being served but to my dismay. Tried ala carte for dinner but the dish we had was a sorry state. The fried rice with paprik a local dish was too salty which my wife chicken chop was not edible. While the rooms were clean, the bathroom floor need a proper scrub. The hotel was relatively new if the floor is not properly scrub and clean the dark marks on the tile would be difficult to clean. I would like to at least see the hotel place a slipper in the bathroom so that guest does not enter the bathroom with their walking shoes leaving marks on the bathroom floors. The only plus point is the location near to everything.

Room Tip: Double with windows facing the streets.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple