“Good location but need improvement”
Review of Habib Hotel

Habib Hotel
Ranked #13 of 39 Hotels in Kota Bharu
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
“Good location but need improvement”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Just back yesterday after a two nights stay for business trip.
Room is big for the price you pay but the cleanliness of the toilet need to be improve eg., the mirror of my room 218 has stain on it and need to replace the whole mirror.
The TV channels are very limited, only fox movie and arena sport from Astro.
Breakfast is a total disappointment, little choices and short period of time for breakfast (730-930).
Very good location because is near to giant and the store. Also it is quite convenient to take your lunch in a walking distance but dinner a bit difficult.
Another thing is the wifi is not fast, and sometimes tend to disconnect.
One more thing that I think management can improve is the socket because there were only two socket for charging and one of them is under the Aircond which is leaking so I have only one socket to charge for my laptop, hand phone and tablet.

Room Tip: 218 has a town view and quite spacious but the only and thing is the mirror and also the leaking Air...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Indonesian first
Österreich
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Coming from the Perhentians, we had a stop-over in Kota Bharu. We just needed something for one night, so we decided to book a room at Habib Hotel. It was such a good experience to stay at a place again with big and most of all really clean rooms again. The staff is extremely helpful in every way and even let us back in our rooms again after already having checked out (train in the early morning was cancelled, so we headed back to Habib Hotel). AC and WIFI are working perfectly. Though there were just us and another 2 guys staying at this hotel, they had quite a big buffet for breakfast with tasty food (western and asian). Regarding the location: It couldn't have been better for us. There are plenty of stalls around the corner and its just a 5 minutes walk to the main bus station. We would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lex_kerouac
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I chose this hotel for its location which is smack bang in the city. It is 5-8 minutes walk from Pasar Siti Khadijah, shopping centre, lots of jewellery shops, government offices and the main bus station. Room is pretty basic and ok enough for 2 persons. More than 2 or 3 would be pretty cramped. There is a door-less elevator which is mmmm......(don't know how to put it exactly) which serves 3 floors. The staff are helpful and there is a local tomyam stall right in front of the hotel.

All in all, I guess this is a decent compared to a few others in town and if you are looking into transiting in Kota Bharu via the bus network, this would be a good choice.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these Kota Bharu hotels

Shah Alam, Malaysia
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Assalamualikum and greetings, my friend and I booked this hotel via the phone. The booking was easy and quick, the receptionist was very polite. That was a good impression. Some front-desk people tends to rush you. By the way, this was my second stay.
It was easy to locate Habib coz it was right smack in the middle of KB. I'm not sure but they don't seem to have a parking lot of their own, you park your car right infront of the shoplot which is under the management of the Majlis Bandaraya KB I reckon. It was however, a nice enough parking area - under shady trees.

Habib is runs by the famous jewellery company I believe. It is small and simply decorated. You have got to ride the slow elevator to get the feel of the boutique hotel. Room was so so, television channels were limited. Shower was a little slow. Breakfast was so so again. However, the staff were nice and helpful. Room service was prompt, and the food was yummy, (we ordered Mee mamak and Fried Meehoon).
It is a no-frill hotel, clean and friendly hotel. Nice enough to sleep in after a long jalan-jalan around the city.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Halima57
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Check-in and check-out was a breeze. Comfortable room, if somewhat weird (a pillar in the middle of the room).

Good location if you're willing to walk. Short drive to almost everywhere in town. Plenty of delicious eateries nearby (do some online research before you go).

Short drive to Pasar Siti Khadijah, Bazar Buluh, Istana Jahar, Tambatan Diraja, etc.

On the Friday I was staying, there were an event nearby and guests got to remove their car before of after 8.30 am - 10.30 am. That was the only inconvenience for me.

Hotel has potential but could use some TLC.
A good choice for a convenient and comfortable short stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

The location was great for us as we were looking for a hotel close to the bus station. Next day we traveled to the Perhentians.
The room was ok. The bed sheet had a blood spot, I wonder if the bed was cleaned. The towels had stains but they were washed I could smell that, fresh.

We slept very well, no noise, and the bed is confortable. Breakfast was ok.
For one night it was ok.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Samhollznd
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 16 March 2014

My family and I booked for 2 Nights stay at this Hotel. Simply booked for this hotel after reading reviews from others. We booked for Superior Rooms. Prior to our departure to Kota Bharu, I've spoken to the Manager of the hotel that we will need some frozen space to keep our Keropok Lekor which we bought from Terengganu (approx 20 kgs). There is a parking slot reserved for the hotel's guest.

Pros:
(1) Quite Centralised - walking distance to tourist attractions, Pasar Siti Kadhijah, etc.
(2) Staffs are very accommodating & friendly
(3) Kind Manager allowing us to store our keropok Lekor in their ice freezer.

Cons:
(1) The water pressure in the shower are low. I takes hours for me to shower and due to the low water pressure, the shower waters are hot (coz I turn on the water heater).
(2) Mosquitoes in the hotel room, corridors
(3) No minibar or safe box for Superior room
(4) Breakfast was basic but tasty
(5) The bathroom looked very old and mouldy

Overall, I find that this hotel needs improvement in running their business. Habib Hotel, please accept my review as positive criticism.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family