“Nice Hotel Stay”

Renaissance Kota Bharu Hotel
Ranked #2 of 40 Hotels in Kota Bharu
Reviewed 14 May 2014

The best hotel in Kota Bharu. Good staff and management. The hotel is well maintained. The room rates are good also. Its in a good location in the heart of the town. The Palm Terrance Cafe was very good for dinner witha large selection to chose from with a very good dessert bar.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Joe c
There are newer reviews for Renaissance Kota Bharu Hotel

Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

A Nicolette Ng boasted in a recent firefly in-flight magazine that she had a "superbly immense swimming pool all for [herself]": she couldn't use a more descriptive language and it's not surprising that there was no one else there...
Excellent staff and intelligent localization of the breakfast menu earn the hotel an additional point on the average 3 that it's passing delivery of franchised standards for hardware would otherwise deserve.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank usually_unfussy
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Stayed at the hotel for 3 days 2 nights. Check in was fast but didn't get the requested room with a king size bed. I believed i got the last room i stayed before way back in 2012. Good to know they are keeping records with what room you have stayed in but i prefer a change of view.

The room was great. Big, clean & well maintained. The view was nothing much to shout about but it was nothing to be complained too. Television channels were varied and can be enjoyed by everyone including children.

The hotel is next to few shops & restaurants so filling time with savoring local delicacies like nasi kerabu, eel soup & others is a good idea. You can also go to the gym or relax at the sauna in the hotel. Gym looked well equipped & usually pack with people after office hours. Same goes to the sauna but maintained need to be looked into as the steam room was out of service. The pool was good but it was a bit windy & cold even in the afternoon. There was a tennis court i believed.

Didn't try the food at the hotel during the recent stay but the first time stayed in the local dish there during the breakfast buffet was a must try. Most of the local dishes there is authentic enough for me. The staffs there were warmed & prompted but the staffs at the gym counter was hardly there when i came so getting fresh towel & locker key was a bit delayed.

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms that face the main road have nicer view but the noise from the road can be a bit...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank halimran7
Reviewed 1 May 2014

The best hotel we have always stayed when we went back to Kota Bharu. Best hotel with best location with friendly staff especially (Ms Sharifah - Room attendant) have always being helpful enough to comfort us during our stays. Our last stay was on 27-28 April 2014 and we had always stays at the Club Floor with the best view. We wish to thank all staff and management for welcoming us with smiles as always

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 April 2014

There were several problems with my room; lights not working, TV not working and phones not working. Staff were helpful but the facilities in general are old and poorly maintained. Very disappointing for a well know hotel chain.

Room Tip: Spend your money elsewhere, this hotel is not worth it.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Izudin M, General Manager at Renaissance Kota Bharu Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback on our Hotel. It is with much regret to know that your stay with us was not so pleasant. Please accept our sincere apologies for the setbacks.

Meeting our guest’s highest satisfaction has always been our top priority; and we are working hard towards that objective.

We hope to serve you better on your next visit.

Regards

Reviewed 20 April 2014

I recently sat for my medical specialist exam in USM Kubang Kerian and I had a wonderful stay in this hotel (1st time staying in this hotel, 2nd time visit to Kota Bahru).

I booked this hotel through MAS golden holiday package. I wasn't aware of the free pick up from the airport. As soon as I arrived at the hotel for check-in, the staffs apologized for some miscommunication (to pick me up form the airport) and they voluntarily offered to send me to USM Kubang Kerian on my exam day (free transport, to and fro plus return to airport on check out date), I was more than happy to receive such offer and I neither been a "fussy / nasty" customer to obtain those offers. It's a blessing to me indeed, saved my time to think about transportation as I was so much occupied with exam matters.

What impressed me most during my stay was the staffs' heartwarming hospitality. They smiled and greeted us as always. My colleague even mentioned: the cleaning staffs were so friendly, greeted the customers and offered any assistance without being asked for (while they were cleaning the next door room).

I did not get to enjoy the hotel's facilities (due to busy with final exam preparation) but I would say the room was spacious, clean and well equipped. This hotel truly befits a 5 five star hotel,

Final remark: An excellent service to the staffs like Nina, Maya, Sabri and others.

I would choose this hotel again if I am to stay in Kota Bahru in the near future.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Dear Sir,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience during your recent stay at our hotel. We are glad to hear that you had enjoyed your stay and totally pleased with our services. Your positive feedback will be shared among our associates to inspire them to give their best at all times.

We also look forward to welcome you back the next time you are in town!

Regards

Reviewed 17 April 2014

The best hotel in kota bharu i would say.from the moment we walked in till we checked out.

We arrived earlier than the check in time, coz we wrongly booked the flight (my bad!). So we tried to asked if we could checked in earlier. The friendly staff we're helpful enough to comfort us while our room is being clean. Only took a while,and we're already in our room!

Super clean room, branded and nice amenities, and the best bed ever!

Should try the room service and the buffet dinner. Incredible local malaysian foods and also around the world cuisine.

Dont worry about getting around, you are right in the town of kota bharu itself. Just walk around.taxi service are not expensive at all.

Enjoy your stay!

Room Tip: Every room is good room!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Izudin M, General Manager at Renaissance Kota Bharu Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2014

Dear Madam,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback on your recent stay at our hotel.
We are pleased to know that you had enjoyed your stay and will share your positive comments among our associates.

We also look forward to welcoming you back soon !

Best Regards

#1 of 1 in Pasir Puteh
Flora Place Hotel
Flora Place Hotel
#14 of 40 in Kota Bharu

Been to Renaissance Kota Bharu Hotel? Share your experiences!