“A happy choice”

The Royale Bintang Resort & Spa Seremban
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Seremban
“A happy choice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

Not having ever been to Seramban, we booked online what looked like a pretty decent hotel for an overnight stay...and there were no regrets. In terms of accommodation it was a happy choice. As other tripadvisor reviewers have noted, rooms are comfortable and clean and staff exemplified gracious Malaysian hospitality. It would have been perfect had the food matched up. The hotel, with its elevated location, is not too far from the new Seramban Prime mall - not quite walking distance, a short drive away and just filling up - where the chicken rice is really yummy. Unless you're visiting friends, there's really not much that Seramban offers compared to other Malaysian towns.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Chandigarh, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

we stayed here for 1 night only in the month of December as our flight got delayed. As we reached at hotel staff asked us to take Dinner.As we reached dinning area there was a very nice arrangement Buffet dinner was ready lots of variety of food. very nice taste. there should be some more items for vegetarians. after the dinner we moved to dessert counter. variety of finger licking dessert were available there specially apple cake.then we moved to our room that was very specious and clean all the modern amenities were there Hotel Staff very Helping..I just love this place...

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Pawan1612
Jarrow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014

We got the deluxe room with a king size bed. It's a very quiet hotel. We didn't try the spa out as we were there for a very short time. The room was clean and the bathroom was huge. It has a bath tub, shower and a toilet. The breakfast was average though with mostly local choices. The room service was good, the food was good. There's an ironing board with iron, room slippers, bath robes, safe and a mini fridge. There's also a huge cupboard.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank bably80
Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013

When I booked a hotel which was ranked #1 among others in Seremban (in Tripadvisor), my expectation was high. This hotel had clearly met my expectation.
The room was clean and spacious. The King size bed was comfortable and supplied with 4 pillows. And there's another one extra pillow in the closet if 4 ain't enough. The room was bright and well lit. There were lights on all the walls and ceiling. There's a huge window with clear view to the swimming pools. You will want to pick a room with pool view. The windows can be opened to allow fresh air, if required. What I liked most in the room was that I was not required to insert my key card to have the main power switched on. Instead, the room was equipped with a simple master power switch. Thus I can leave the air-cond switched on when I was away, and came back to my room later to found it nicely air conditioned. Many other hotels had decided to cut cost by installing key-card-activated-power switch, which in my opinion, was not a welcome feature. Since I had paid for the room, I should be given the right to use the room the way I like, as long as I’m not causing damage to the facilities / equipment.
The bathroom was roomy, and was fit with a bath tub and a shower. I may prefer shower, but my kids clearly enjoyed themselves in the bath tub.
WiFi was accessible in the room. Connection speed was acceptable. There was a TV in the room, of course. There were many channels including Discovery Channel, my favourite. However, instead of having a LCD TV, the TV that's in my room was a CRT type, about 21" or maybe smaller. This was the only thing that's out-of-place in such a nice room.
The swimming pool was larger than average, with two man-made waterfall. This was a very nice touch to the pool. It had however chilled the water in the pool by a few degrees centigrade. There's a slide in the pool, but there's no water flowing from the slide, this made the slide unusable. There was also a Jacuzzi pool which was out of order (empty).
There were two main restaurants in the hotel. One was Chinese restaurant and the other one serving buffet (evening) and breakfast, which I had dined twice. I had a beef fillet sandwich during dinner and it was delicious. My son had a beef burger and the portion was huge.
Overall I had enjoyed my stay in the hotel. I do hope that the Jacuzzi is repaired when I return to this hotel. Well done and keep it up.

Room Tip: Pick a pool view room.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank kelvinyam
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013

I've read a few review about this hotel & I did not expect much when my sister booked this hotel for me.
I was arrived around 8:00PM and straight away "running" to the check in counter. Since Im the only 1 at the counter, i guess it is a reasonable time for check in process. The best part is, I parked my car exactly in front of the entrance door, not at the parking lot :)) Do not try this as your luck or charm might not the same as mine~~
The room is clean & comfy. Makes me thought of staying another night here. Breakfast is in buffet style. They offer variety foods for you to choose. During night time, its quit difficult to find eatery. there is A&W and restaurant nearby however you may need to drive or hire a cab.
The thing that I like the most is the swimming pool's deco. Its create a calm & relaxing view. Kids will love it too.
For those who drive, pls be alert with signboard as it is quit tricky to reach the hotel. I need to make a big U turn twice.
Definitely, come back for my next visit to Seremban.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Unnie
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2013

Since this was my first trip to Seremban, I was not too sure what to expect in terms of hotel quality. This hotel was the venue for my cousin's wedding reception and as out of town guests, we stayed here too.

Overall, nothing really bad here but nothing stood out either. However, I have to say some of the details were overlooked by this hotel.

Example 1: There was a spill of some kind in the lobby when we arrived. My Dad commented that it looked like pee. I didn't think it was pee but whatever liquid that was, nobody was cleaning it up and it just looked terrible in the lobby near the sofa area.

Example 2: During the wedding banquet when the shark fin soup was served, the waiter informed us that there was no vinegar available when we asked for some (vinegar is a typical condiment for this dish). We find it hard to believe that a hotel kitchen that handled 350+ guests for a Chinese wedding will run out of vinegar but we didn't quetion the waiter further since we were just guests and not the host of the banquet.

The good:
1. Room size was decent even with an extra bed added.
2. They sent a maintenance guy fairly quickly to fix the running toilet after we complained about it upon check in.
3. Good buffet breakfast included with the room rate (as far as I know).
4. Food was good for the wedding banquet.

Since I did not pay for this hotel room, I could not really judge if this hotel was a good value or not. I think it is a decent choice if the rate assuming the rate is not outrageous.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Jls3721
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

I've stayed in a lot of hotels in Malaysia this year thanks to my job, and this hotel was one of the better ones.
The positives - There was plenty of parking in the basement. The elevators, lobby, other public areas, and rooms were clean. The breakfast buffet was quite extensive and the food tasted ok. The staff were also friendly.
The negatives - My view was the hotel wall and a roof. The hotel is on top of a hill and not close to any eateries so you'll have to drive if you want to do anything.

People told me that the hotel has a great pool, but I didn't have time to check it out.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank The_Next_Escape
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seremban
Palm Seremban Hotel
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,130 reviews
AERO Star Hotel
AERO Star Hotel
#5 of 14 in Seremban

Been to The Royale Bintang Resort & Spa Seremban? Share your experiences!