“Only one in Seremban”

Royale Chulan Seremban
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Seremban
Reviewed 1 April 2014

The hotel is strategically located on a small hill in the middle of the Seremban town surrounded by the city council park which is well maintained. A walk around the park can be rather appealing as the city council park is organized with lavishing green and pre-war trees.

I would categorize the hotel as 4 star based from my overall stay. A grand and huge welcoming lobby signifies the generosity of space that the hotels are willing to offer. The sizes of the room are sufficient but nicely furnish topped with very nice workmanship and ideal layout. Most of the guest in this hotel range with heavy occupancy of local government staff with minimal number of business traveler and almost no tourist.

On overall review, it is worth a stay with the rate as the hotel is very well maintained and furnished. The only con is on the lack of mix of guesses staying in this hotel. If you are driving with the help of GPS/ Waze, please search on the road-name instead as someone have hacked the direction using the hotel name to another isolated village.

There is very limited presentable hotel and this is one of them if you happen to stay in Seremban. The nearest town with a better hotel is in KLIA/ Nilai (maybe).

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Royale Chulan Seremban

Reviewed 15 March 2014

My family and I stayed here for a night. The hotel is well located in the Lake Gardens and housekeeping/maintenance is good. The staff are courteous especially the concierge.

The gym is too small for a hotel of this size. The pool is also rather small. We had tea at the coffee house. It was surprising that patrons were allowed to smoke indoors but what really irked us were a couple of patrons smoking away in the non-smoking area, right in front of the No Smoking sign! This was in full view of the staff but it seemed quite normal for them.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank lengcw
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Not having ever been to Seramban, we booked online what looked like a pretty decent hotel for an overnight stay...and there were no regrets. In terms of accommodation it was a happy choice. As other tripadvisor reviewers have noted, rooms are comfortable and clean and staff exemplified gracious Malaysian hospitality. It would have been perfect had the food matched up. The hotel, with its elevated location, is not too far from the new Seramban Prime mall - not quite walking distance, a short drive away and just filling up - where the chicken rice is really yummy. Unless you're visiting friends, there's really not much that Seramban offers compared to other Malaysian towns.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 January 2014

we stayed here for 1 night only in the month of December as our flight got delayed. As we reached at hotel staff asked us to take Dinner.As we reached dinning area there was a very nice arrangement Buffet dinner was ready lots of variety of food. very nice taste. there should be some more items for vegetarians. after the dinner we moved to dessert counter. variety of finger licking dessert were available there specially apple cake.then we moved to our room that was very specious and clean all the modern amenities were there Hotel Staff very Helping..I just love this place...

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Pawan1612
Reviewed 10 January 2014

We got the deluxe room with a king size bed. It's a very quiet hotel. We didn't try the spa out as we were there for a very short time. The room was clean and the bathroom was huge. It has a bath tub, shower and a toilet. The breakfast was average though with mostly local choices. The room service was good, the food was good. There's an ironing board with iron, room slippers, bath robes, safe and a mini fridge. There's also a huge cupboard.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bably80
Reviewed 26 December 2013

When I booked a hotel which was ranked #1 among others in Seremban (in Tripadvisor), my expectation was high. This hotel had clearly met my expectation.
The room was clean and spacious. The King size bed was comfortable and supplied with 4 pillows. And there's another one extra pillow in the closet if 4 ain't enough. The room was bright and well lit. There were lights on all the walls and ceiling. There's a huge window with clear view to the swimming pools. You will want to pick a room with pool view. The windows can be opened to allow fresh air, if required. What I liked most in the room was that I was not required to insert my key card to have the main power switched on. Instead, the room was equipped with a simple master power switch. Thus I can leave the air-cond switched on when I was away, and came back to my room later to found it nicely air conditioned. Many other hotels had decided to cut cost by installing key-card-activated-power switch, which in my opinion, was not a welcome feature. Since I had paid for the room, I should be given the right to use the room the way I like, as long as I’m not causing damage to the facilities / equipment.
The bathroom was roomy, and was fit with a bath tub and a shower. I may prefer shower, but my kids clearly enjoyed themselves in the bath tub.
WiFi was accessible in the room. Connection speed was acceptable. There was a TV in the room, of course. There were many channels including Discovery Channel, my favourite. However, instead of having a LCD TV, the TV that's in my room was a CRT type, about 21" or maybe smaller. This was the only thing that's out-of-place in such a nice room.
The swimming pool was larger than average, with two man-made waterfall. This was a very nice touch to the pool. It had however chilled the water in the pool by a few degrees centigrade. There's a slide in the pool, but there's no water flowing from the slide, this made the slide unusable. There was also a Jacuzzi pool which was out of order (empty).
There were two main restaurants in the hotel. One was Chinese restaurant and the other one serving buffet (evening) and breakfast, which I had dined twice. I had a beef fillet sandwich during dinner and it was delicious. My son had a beef burger and the portion was huge.
Overall I had enjoyed my stay in the hotel. I do hope that the Jacuzzi is repaired when I return to this hotel. Well done and keep it up.

Room Tip: Pick a pool view room.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank kelvinyam
Reviewed 12 December 2013

I've read a few review about this hotel & I did not expect much when my sister booked this hotel for me.
I was arrived around 8:00PM and straight away "running" to the check in counter. Since Im the only 1 at the counter, i guess it is a reasonable time for check in process. The best part is, I parked my car exactly in front of the entrance door, not at the parking lot :)) Do not try this as your luck or charm might not the same as mine~~
The room is clean & comfy. Makes me thought of staying another night here. Breakfast is in buffet style. They offer variety foods for you to choose. During night time, its quit difficult to find eatery. there is A&W and restaurant nearby however you may need to drive or hire a cab.
The thing that I like the most is the swimming pool's deco. Its create a calm & relaxing view. Kids will love it too.
For those who drive, pls be alert with signboard as it is quit tricky to reach the hotel. I need to make a big U turn twice.
Definitely, come back for my next visit to Seremban.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Unnie
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seremban
Palm Seremban Hotel
#2 of 37 in Port Dickson
Grand Lexis Port Dickson
Grand Lexis Port Dickson
#1 of 37 in Port Dickson

Been to Royale Chulan Seremban? Share your experiences!