“Closed on Fridays”
Review of Deerland Park

Deerland Park
Ranked #49 of 145 things to do in Pahang
More attraction details
Owner description: The Deerland Park is a privately owned and managed deer park situated about 2km outside the Kuala Gandah Elephant Sanctuary in Pahang. The park has some 30 Indonesian deer.
Singapore, Singapore
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Closed on Fridays”
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Deerland Park is roughly about 1hour 45minutes drive from genting/awana and is situated near Kuala Gandah Elephant Sanctuary.

We were hoping to see the roaming deer after the elephants but it turns out that they are closed on Fridays. Really a disappointment since we travelled all the way. The brochure never stated opening times so we only had to settle for the elephants.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Haigi

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Deers galore! (And other animals)”
Reviewed 7 September 2013

"Deerland Park" is a one hour and forty-five minutes drive from Kuala Lumpur. If you were planning to visit Kuala Gandah Elephant Sanctuary, you should do a short detour to this place.

A small entrance fee is charged to visitors, and you will be given a coupon for deer feed. (There were two of us and we paid RM 12). After passing by cages of fowls and birds, you will arrive at the deer enclosure where you can feed the deers with the food that will be given to you by the wardens. There is a huge expanse of land to house the deers. Besides deers, there is also an ostrich next to the enclosure. One of the few highlights we had at the park was feeding the sang kancil, a very small type of deer found in Malaysia; and the chance to have a python as your cam-whoring partner. There were other animals such as guinea pigs, hedgehogs, Bengal cats and ferrets as well. A mini zoo, I would say.

While I wouldn't drive all the way from KL just to view the deers, I would definitely plan a trip to both Deerland and Kuala Gandah Elephant Sanctuary if I ever have a reason again.

*Hint: There is a small deer park in Lake Gardens, right in the heart of KL.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Michelle Y
UAE
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“It is worth the visit and God Bless the owners!”
Reviewed 1 September 2013

I have no idea why would anyone underrate this place!????
It is a privately owned place and has NO fund from the government. A Malaysian man and his children who care about animals decided to have this small place.
How often do you have the chance to feed a deer and touch it?
How often do you have the chance to play with 2 huge pythons at the same time?
Among the many things we did in Kuala Lumpur and the parks and zoos and caves we visited, this place was the most impressive to them because they had the chance to interact with animals with no barriers.

On the other hand, I had a chance to talk with the owner's son (Pipi) and he a very polite and helpful young fellow. He elaborated that his father is not doing this for business, and the entry fee is so cheap. Most of the operations costs of this place goes out of his own pocket and salary that he gets from another work. He said they cannot make a big marketing on this because they don't have the intention to make it a business and they don't have the enough resources to handle large number of visitors... I DO respect and appreciate that and hence they deserve an excellent rating. If this place was to be funded by the government as it is then there could be a different evaluation and rating but for a privately held facility at limited budget spent from a salary this is AWESOME!!! and I recommend you take your kids to see it. The deers were sooooo friendly and sooooo lovely to caress and hold them while feeding them. if you are a snake lover then you will enjoy holding those human friendly huge pythons for as much as you want. I swear they got more patience than any human hehe with all the noises of kids and disturbance they get and yet they are so cool with it.

Yes, this place deserves all the appreciation and best rating and worth not only the visit but a lot of donation too.

I was shocked and disappointed to see others underrating the place.
Sadly, they had a bear and the government took it away from them.

I certify that this review is based on my own experience and is my genuine opinion of this establishment and that I have no personal or business relationship with this establishment, and have not been offered any incentive or payment originating from the establishment to write this review

Visited August 2013
4 Thank Chady_Dubai
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Zoo for the kid in all of us.”
Reviewed 2 August 2013

While I don't believe that animals should be caged, I still did enjoy my time here. The animals here look less stressed than those at the National Zoo near Kuala Lumpur. The owner, Mr. Abdullah, seems very passionate about his animals and the staff are local boys who also seem to be fond of them.

Visited July 2013
Hong Kong, China
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Awful and Cruel”
Reviewed 19 April 2013

I stopped off here on a tour on my way to the equally awful elephant "sanctuary" .

Whilst the deers and small rabbits seem quite happy and well cared for there are other very miserable looking animals all caged with barely any space or company.

The worst thing is the sad bears and at the end they have over fed very sad looking animals which people can take photos with including bears and snakes, very heartbreaking,

This trip here followed by the elephants was easily one of the most distressing days i have ever had on holiday! :'( in all honesty this place should be shut down !

Visited May 2012