“Living in tropic jungle experience”

Taman Negara National Park
Book In Advance
More Info
US$126.00*
and up
Day Tour National Park (Taman Negaran Rainforest) Ex-KL
Ranked #13 of 161 things to do in Pahang
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Malaysia is all year round humid. Most locals would prefer to stay indoor and visit malls rather than going out there and be close with nature (this include animals and insects). We were amused by how much our tour guide knows about all the "grass" and "leaves" that have medication and heath benefits; and why they leave certain annoying and gross insects on their own. It was a great experience learning about the nature, basics of live, mother earth. I would recommend insect repellent to avoid irritation of mosquito bites to interrupt you appreciate other stuff there.

4  Thank white_myvi

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Our daughter studied about rain forests last year in school. In the mean while, I also wanted to visit Taman Negara (having heard from my client back home) for a long time. I was fascinated by the fact that this was the oldest rain forest in the world i.e. some 130 m years old.

From Siem Reap, we flew to KUL and next morning reached jetty by car. From then on wards our beautiful journey began. We along with some other travelers took a boat which took some two and a quarter hour to reach our resort 'Mutiara.'

We relaxed and explored the resort. At night, we set off for trekking, which lasted about an hour. We got a feeling of the jungle, saw some plants, insects, snakes etc. Next morning, we set off for a 3 hour journey including canopy walk. This canopy is 45 m high and about 500 m long. It was strenuous but worth the experience. It was humid and sultry and we were drained of all energy.

We then experienced rapid shooting i.e. went for a boat ride and met the aboriginals the tribal. We learned how to start fire without stones and how they shoot animals with darts. We purchased a souvenir from them for 20 RM. This was a learning experience for all of us. Our guide Hamza was a great help. The other staff was also very helpful and courteous at the resort. I recoomend at least 2 to 3 days here.

I would also give this place 9 out of 10.

4  Thank Tarak555
Reviewed 11 May 2014

A group of us from Singapore arranged a coach to Jerantut in April. We booked a 4D 3N though Taman Negara NKS Hotel & Travel agency. My contact with them is Ms Yee which she had helped me to answer many of my enquires and assist in our stay arrangement.

On the first evening, we left Singapore at about 6pm. It took us about 8+ hours to reach there in the midnight about 2.30am. The town was totally quiet. There, we rested at NKS hostel, which is reasonably clean and tidy.

The next morning after our breakfast, we headed for the cave exploration in Jerantut. It was a amazing experience and a must for all adventure seekers. After that we proceeded to the jetty and took a long 2.5 hours boat ride to Taman Negara. The river water was muddy due the tree logging according to the locals. Upon reaching the our accommodation destination, we checked in the Woodland chalet resort which is clean and comfortable.
We were happy with it but I felt that their management needed to improve their facilities maintenance as we observed; bathroom tap fittings are loose, swimming pool floor is dirty and it's shower not working.
Meals at the riverside floating restaurant are acceptable.
The night jungle walk is interesting as we managed to see spider, gecko, stick and some night animals at a distance.
On the second day, we did the jungle trekking to Teresek Hill and Walk on the Canopy Walkway.
We enjoyed the experience. After that, we visited the Orang Asli Village and learnt about how to start a fire, challenge ourselves with a blow pipe competition. The last adventure of the day is the boat ride through the river rapids. There was so much fun getting water splashing each other along the ride until the boat is half filled with water.
We opted to go for the night Safari after dinner. A group of us mounted on top of the 4 wheel drive vehicles driving into the jungle with the guides holding a powerful torch light linked to the car battery to search for the animals in the dark. We managed to spot the black panther, leopard cats, slow loris, owl and some exotic bird species.
The next day, we went to Lata Berkoh, supposing to swim at the rapid. However, the rapid was too strong and we can't swim then. At the place, we were swarmed with bees and wasps. After taking some pictures, we call it off and went back to chalet to prepare for checkout.
This time, we arranged NKS to send us back to Jerantut by van. It took us about an hour plus to reach there.
With ample time after dinner, we roamed around the town night market; 'Pasar malam', There we bought the mangoes. We celebrated our end trip at a drink shop and ate the mangoes. They were very sweet. Finally, 3 guys went for a foot massage to get some relief.
Till then, in the midnight at about 4am, we got into the train. All of us were located in the upper deck sleeper cabin. It was quite clean and comfortable but a little short for the tall guys.
Another 8 hours, we reached the train station at Singapore Woodland.
In all, we are contented with our trip and NKS service. It is one of the adventure I will never forget and a tick for my 'Bucket list'. Hooray !!!

12  Thank Franlim
Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

It is a wonderful to get close with the natural and fresh air..me as my friends spent one day inside it and involve in a lot of activities like trekking , cycling , walking and so on the the national park. It is an forest so you may see a lot of animals and birds .It is so interesting and having fun together with family and friends .

3  Thank Bryanteh
Reviewed 11 April 2014

This place offered a great possibility for trekking. I went with my friend for day trips (3, 7 and 3 hours/day) and really enjoyed this. The routes were well marked and we really enjoyed relaxed days without guide. The further you go from village, the more silent trekking you can enjoy. Though the rainforest is not silent at all...

5  Thank jiiris