“An OK option”

Ranked #4 of 43 Hotels in Kuantan
Sydney
“An OK option”
Reviewed 4 June 2012

A huge nondescript riverside mid-range business hotel.

Rooms here are bland - cream walls and sheets (our beds never had so much as a cover on them - the receptionist said they had already been taken off our beds before we had even checked in! - most places at least let you see your bedcovers before they whip them off the beds). High ceilings and big windows (a bit too high up to comfortably look out of while sitting in the room's chairs). Our room had two small very faded '80s style prints and a flat-screen TV. The location is great (by the river) and the rooms are clean.

Not a bad option (though not a really great option either), especially if you can get a promotion.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Julie_L14

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
kuala lumpur
Reviewed 10 February 2012

We arrived at the hotel around 3 pm and check in only took 5 mins. Requested for room facing the river and man... get to see the beach behind the small island enclave. It was stunning. The room took us by surprise.. this is 2 * hotel with 3.5* facilities. Room is beautiful, bathroom is cute with rain shower (slightly small but cute nevertheless). Ample parking space and comfy bed. Astro channels included Fox movies :) Breakfast was not so much variety but enuff. For the price that we paid (RM 140.00) we seriously can't ask for more...

Room Tip: always ask for rooms facing the river
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
9 Thank ladyev
Kajang
Reviewed 23 September 2011

I stayed here with my girl friends for our much needed break. The reason I chose this hotel was because of the price. We booked for a family room, and the room is very spacious. We got the river view room so it was quite nice to see the boats passing by. The breakfast was average. It is value for money as the price is reasonable. The hotel is situated in the heart of town. I wanted to try the river cruise but did not have adequate time to try it out. You don't have to worry about finding food as the choices are abundant. If you are on a tight budget, then definitely this hotel suits you.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank Hasreena
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 13 September 2011

I stayed in this hotel for 3 nights on my first ever business trip to Kuantan and I've been coming back ever since. I was quite skeptical at first when I entered the lobby as it was just average looking. But when I checked into my room, I was totally blown off by the great river view! And since then, I only requested for the room with balcony. And price wise, it's really appropriate. Forgot how much it was, but definitely less than RM200 per night.

Another plus point is, although I rarely fancy hotel food, but I particular liked this one. Although the breakfast choices were quite limited, but the food was nice and tasty, very different from the other 5 star hotels; gazillion breakfast choices but none are edible :)

Room Tip: Do request for the room with the balcony and you'll fall in love with this hotel.
  • Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
3 Thank Erein_Nic
australia
Reviewed 20 June 2010

We were 3 Australian ladies travelling thru Malaysia. Booked this hotel for one night. Great service , room clean and views fantastic. The outside bar /terrace area is right on the river. A young English chap David runs this cafe/bar area . Beers cold , service warm. Highly reccommend this hotel. Breakfast was adequate but caterered mainly to Malaysian tastes...fien for the money as it comes in the cost of the t3in room MR140. Would reccommend it to people and would definately stay again next tim.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank gyspy07
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 1 March 2010

The first thing that took my breath away when I arrived was the hotel's great river view. I was also attracted by the hotel room rate, which was suitable for my partner and I since we were on a budget.

Outlook of the hotel was decent and neat, with glass panels to create a spacious feel. Hotel interior was average. Rooms were average too. Standard utilities were provided. Unfortunately we weren't able to get a room with a river view. Cleanliness was a little doubtful considering the fact that I saw a baby cockroach in the room.

Since we travelled via bike, the hotel's basement parking was much more assuring for us.

However, breakfast was terrible. Food tasted weird and questionable.

Wouldn't mind recommending anyone else if one is one a budget and has numbed taste buds.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
4 Thank gracemagg
Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 13 June 2009

Since most of the hotel had been fully booked, so I decided to stay in this hotel. I've took a family room. The rate was just RM170 during weekend compared to others same star hotel at Kuantan will cost RM150 for its superior.
When I open the door, waaahhh..........it is spacious. 'As big as' and 'as equipped as' a Junior Suite with the same star of hotel at Kuantan. The hotel was so clean and comfortable. The view was so great. Normally Family room will have a river view. In the morning, can saw fisherman boats moving in and out towards the sea.
This hotel is very near @ walking distance to the local bus station, food court (called Benteng) and opposite to a row of dried seafood shop.
The breakfast to me can be considered as superb for its class. Not so much choices but it is delicious. The nice river view from the restaurant makes me not bored to eat from 8 till 10 a.m.
Whenever you goes to Kuantan, don't forget to try their famous food. Most of it located at Tanjung Lumpur. You may find Thai's and Malay food, grilled fish and their must try food - sata.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family