“OLDISH BUT REAL VALUE FOR MONEY”
Review of Shahzan Inn

Shahzan Inn
Ranked #24 of 43 Hotels in Kuantan
Reviewed 18 February 2013

On the whole, this hotel is real value for money. Considering how affordable it is, I would think one should not be expecting 5 star service nor facilities. I supposed we were fortunate to have encountered only friendly staff during our one night stay considering the earlier reviews that we have read about this hotel. Plus points: Fantastic view of Kuantan from our window; great location that is easily accessible to the places we wanted to go to; a swimming pool complete with wading pool for children, a buffet breakfast for the really low price that we paid to stay at the hotel. Minuses: Oldish hotel, powerful but cold showers (heating system problem?), air-conditioning that could not be controlled so that it could be really cold, breakfast spread that may not be to your liking, no refrigerator, no hairdryer, no thick towels. But then again, if you must have all pluses and no minuses, go look elsewhere and be prepared to fork out at least twice what you would have to pay at this hotel. The choice is yours.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank s_nasadin
There are newer reviews for Shahzan Inn

Reviewed 27 November 2012

an experience that ought to be remembered. Greet with a cold shuddered staff i have an experience beyond my expectation. even with the nearby atraction that they have , i doubt that it shall be any better in the future.

The rooms are musty with woody, food smelling from the year 1960.. sigh

This shall NEVER enter my life diary ever again

Room Tip: Try finding other places , if your foot is still alive..
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Zayree
Reviewed 8 August 2012

It is my first to Kuantan on Company Trip and I was put in this Shahzan Inn. I found nice, little big quite and I like most is it view to the State Mosque.

And frankly speaking I liked to stay hotel near to mosque as I am muslim myself.

Food for breakfast average as it only a simple menu. But it doesn't matter to me. The only matter, is nobody great you at the door. To me it is first impression about the hotel service as rate it also average.

Anyway I like to stay in this hotel and I will come again to Kuantan and stay there.

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank Nizam7801
Reviewed 19 July 2012

Dont stay in this hotel. For the last 6 years i've been travelling and stay in all type of hotel from budget to 5 star hotel i really have a terrible experience with this hotel. With a bad reception counter staff who telling alot of lies and in the end put the blame on me. I went to the hotel on 11 july 2012 for official 1 day visit to kuantan with 3 of my colleagues. 2 weeks before i already book 3 rooms. That is the only hotel which i manage to book after tried to book so many hotel in kuantan. Due to the national sport event in kuantan at that time so its very hard to get rooms at that time & i was very happy that shahzan hotel still have rooms at that time. They just ask my name & hp no. For booking. Fyi i did ask the rate of their rooms at that time & we were eligle for that rate therefore i straight away book 3 rooms. I was happy coz i manage to solve my problem. But come to that day on 11 july 2012 when we were about to check in around 7pm i was told that there was no reservation make under my name. I was shocked becoz after travel so far & tired some more i was very dissapointed with the reception staff who took my booking at that time. And the girl who is working at that time also really dont know how to handle the situation. All the reasons that they gave me at that time were very unconsistent, 1 person said that since 1 july their rate increase to rm200 and another person said since 7 july the rate change due to the sport event. When i was making my booking at that time the recetionist at that time didnt even tell me that they have different rate coz i juz ask what is their room rate on my trip day. They should know how to answer their clients. And the best part is after we manage to find other hotel which was much better then shahzan hotel, at 9.30pm that night i receive 2 miss calls from shahzan hotel. I didnt ans at that time coz i didnt realize my fon rings but i return the miss call, dat why i know that the hotel call me. That time i was wondering how they can have my number and when i asked them to check my name on their booking list they said that it was not there, i dont have any booking and how come they can call me. And when i return the call they said that they didnt call me and what i did was juz return the miss call & i didnt even dial their fon no. I think this hotel have problem with their reception counter staff. All the staff at the reception counter need to be given a course how to treat their customer. They are very rude. This hotel really gave bad impression to malaysian citizen. Really bad image for malaysia in the eye of foreigner from other country.

Room Tip: What U get from the frontdesk that is how the room condition is.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Rosita G
Reviewed 3 April 2011

i've been using this hotel for the past 2 yrs wherever i cme to kuantan due to its location...near to the court as i am a lawyer...
what can i say, if there is another hotels situated near to the court, i wud definately choose the hotels...
service is very poor...hardly to see a smiling staffs....
the major diffrences- new colour for the room..
same old lame, lazy, slightly rude service...
ahh..one thing, no wifi in the room...only at the lobby which is funny...
on 1 of my trip, asked the reception, where are the remote control for the tv, simple and hilarious answer- 'mungkin sudah rosak ...en kna pakai manual!'
i wud definately suggest this hotel for anyone except those who want to be so near to the court...not a bgood value for your money.....
management shud be changed......

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank farza31august
Reviewed 8 June 2010

The reception counter staff talked in a rude way, patronizing and simply unfriendly when i called to confim my booking and to get extra information. Would not suggest this hotel to anyone

3  Thank Abgbob
Reviewed 22 May 2009

I always stay in this hotel whenever I've been to Kuantan. This hotel located in the middle of the town, within walking distance to a few places such as Kuantan Parade, Mosque etc.
This hotel have just a small room for their standard/superior room. Interior quite ok for its class. Suite also available for those who need spacious room. It's breakfast can be considered superb for its class. Not so many choices but delicious. Their swimming pool considered ok. The best thing was the view from the swimming pool. Its facing the field where the wind nicely blown to us.
Whoever goes to Kuantan, don't forget to have some food at Tanjung Lumpur area such like "sata", seafood and local foods.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family