Sanctuary Resort
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$74
US$65
  • Breakfast included
US$52
US$33
Agoda.com
Vistana Kuantan City Centre(Kuantan)
US$64
US$37
US$21
E-Red Hotel(Kuantan)
Agoda.com
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Actually I don't even know why Tripadvisor would even rate this place it was beyond bad. I would not wish this place on my worst enemy. Think 70's place, falling apart, dirty. Absolutely NOTHING going for this place. If I knew this was soooo bad I would not even have stayed there for free. Its grotty and most things don't work properly. Luckily we upgraded to the "premium 3 bedroom" apartment after seeing the lobby when we arrived. I would hate to know what the normal rooms are like if the premium rooms are so sad. I am at a loss for words to explain this place, the only good advice I can give is DONT GO there, it seriously needs to be DEMOLISHED!!!

Room Tip: Best TIP , go somewhere else
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Tosswill, Owner at Sanctuary Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2013

Rating is 1

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Think 70's place,
Does it look like the 70s:
falling apart, dirty.
Conrete Structures Complete 2001/2002.
Does not say what was dirty???

Absolutely NOTHING going for this place.
10 Metres to the Beach, 900 Metres to an Island and Fishing Village next Door Panaraic Views

What was Grootyy. what Didnt Work?

What was Bad???

What was Bad?

Room Tip: Best TIP , go somewhere else
Suggest this person if not a competitor was caught with undelared people in there apartment

I thought reviews should have some foundation, please advise what this one has when nothing is specific. If this is a ratified review then Trip advisor are not doing its job.

Reviewed 6 July 2013 via mobile

The staff were not very helpful. The furniture was old and smelly and rundown. The bathroom was small with broken shower. The room did not match the pictures on the website. Some rooms in the hotel were derelict. No extra tourist information given. The fridge turns off when you leave the room. How do you keep your water cold? They refused to give us a second set of keys, with a family of four, it made it impossible.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Chair66
Reviewed 6 July 2013

I was shocked after I entered to my 2 rooms apartment. Dirty (sofa, bed sheet), smelly (sofa, bedsheet), aircon not cooling in hall and entire apartment no fan at all (Asked front counter to get a fan but she mentioned they have no fan), apartment phone not functioning (have to walk to front counter that located in the main block), water heater not hot at all. 1 apartment only given 1 key, come on 4 peoples stay in an apartment u can just provide us 1 key, can you imagine how inconvenient for us. Staffs weren’t friendly. No cleaner to clean our apartment daily. Not value for the money. Please look for other better resort.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 June 2013

This Sanctuary Resort is a fantastic location couldn't have been better. We only had 1 night there but the staff went to no end of trouble to explain what sights to see, recommended a great restaurant, booked a car to the airport. Wonderful service, lovely breakfast in cute little dining room & room very nicely appointed.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 June 2013

This was my first stay in this hotel, I impressed more! The room was excellent. Also visited their delicious Multi Cuisine restaurant, Spacious was too good the place was too cozy! I loved too much…nice place to spend with friends,good room services,health & hygiene process are good . . foods are awesome. ..

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends