“Good Business Hotel for a reasonable price”

The Zenith Hotel, Kuantan
Ranked #1 of 43 Hotels in Kuantan
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Overall I had a pleasant stay at the Zenith Hotel. Check in was fast even though it was at the weekend and big groups arrived. I stayed almost on top of the hotel and had a nice view. The room I booked was spacious and I liked the bathroom. Wifi signal was a bit weak. At the first look everything looks new and modern but when you check the details it seems like the hotel was built under time pressure...The disadvantage of staying at one of the upper floors is sometimes to get a lift especially during the weekend when big groups of local business travellers arrive. Pool area is nice and most of the time pretty quiet. All the other facilities are nice too except the Kids room with a lack of toys and atmosphere. Our kids felt bored. Breakfast variety is ok but the quality especially of the local food should be improved. Hotel staff is friendly, helpful and motivated. Zenith Hotel is a typical business hotel, good facilities but lack of atmosphere. Recommended for a short stay. At the opposite is the East Coast Mall with good restaurants, cinemas and supermarket.

Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Fernweh68
There are newer reviews for The Zenith Hotel, Kuantan

Reviewed 23 April 2012

Booked into the hotel for a conference/exhibition that I was attending for 3 days (2 nights) last week.

Checked in at 1.00pm to be told that the room was not ready. No problem, came back an hour later and room was ready. No staff around to assist with luggage though.

Room was very large and well kept. Definitely 4 star at least. Breakfast next morning was a zoo but not unexpected with the conference under way and a full hotel. Quality was average but plenty of choice.

I then put some clothes in for laundry with specific written instructions of rth clothes to be folde for ease of packing. Came back to the room that evening and the packed and folded clothes were there as promised.

The following morning I checked out and put my laundry (still in its sealed bag) in my suitcase and drove off to Kualal Lumpur. Arrived at hotel in Kualal Lumpur, unpacked only to find some items from my laundry missing. I called the hotel, explained what had happened. I was promised an immediate investigation and a call back. Two hours later and no call received. I called again and said I was not happy about the lack of a response. I was again told I would receive a call back 'shortly'.

Another couple of hours and no call received. at that point I sent an email requesting action or a reveiw on Tripadvisor would notlook too good. Action was almost instantaneous. Laundry items were found and now sent to my hotel in Kulal Lumpur. Apologies for not following instructions were forthcoming.

To sum up, the hotel was excellent and staff were generally helpful. I would stay again but would probably not have any laundry done!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Harry K
Reviewed 18 April 2012

This is the latest hotel in Kuantan with an attached convention centre next to it.
I am attending/speaking at a conference next door, so the organizer book me inti the hotel.On arrival I was greeted by the door and reception staff. Check in was smooth, but nobody offered to bring the bags to the room. The room is big, spacious, clean and above all, looks new! I went down to use the gym and pool. Gym is clean but pretty basic, not many machines to work on. The pool however is great. It is a 25 m kind of infinity pool on the 4th floor. My friend and I had some coffee after dinner at the lounge on the ground, service and life music was above average. The breakfast buffet spread is quite good. The hotel is located facing a shopping mall, so retail therapy is easily performed for the bored.
Overall this a hotel that I would not mind to come back to.

• Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank cooldoc1971
Reviewed 12 April 2012

We was there for family gathering and the room booked was far end facing behind of the hotel and mouldy smell.(turas manja).My mum was cant breath and I aproach counter few times to change the room but I was not bothered at all! When I want to see the manager ms.aida said she is the manager. I dnt know how true is that as she cant help us at all and has spoiled our family trip.We will never come back to zenith and to Kuantan anymore. Ranked no 3 in Kuantan? not deserve at all and all the reception counter staff are not trained at all and having an ATTITUDE PROBLEM!

Room Tip: Upon making a booking as preffered and pls get the staff name and let it confirm by the manager if t...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
12  Thank Hasmerican
Reviewed 17 March 2012

I live in Pahang and Zenith is among the place I would choose to stay with my family of 4.
Last CNY 2012 was our 3rd visit there.

Our 1st trip, we were located on the 5th floor with a view facing the pool. It wasn't spectacular as it was located in the middle of the town and my room view was directed towards a rusted apartment owned by Health Minister of Malaysia.

On our 2nd visit, it was during a promotional period of Ramadhan where we only required to pay Rm180 amount inclusive of sahur.
But this time, the view was horrid.
Still at the 5th floor but this time facing the other tower of the hotel.
Ours was right beside the convention hall's roof.
This made me feel nausea and claustrophobic at the same time.

*both the trip mentioned above, we were given a king sized bed.

On our 3rd trip recently, we were located on the 11th floor. This time, we requested for double bed and this time our room was at the 'back' of the hotel. So we were looking at the Tunas Manja market and rows of shop houses.
This, time, our room was better. Quite spacious compared to the other previous two.

However, since it was during the peak seasons of holidays. We had to share the pool with hundreds more occupants.
My sons barely had a space to dip in.
The breakfast spread was spectacular, however if we were a few minutes late, we might have to form a que for we were seated by the staff.

It would be great if the hotel management provides the guess with ample number of seats as the guess waited for their turn to check-in /out of the hotel.
Overall, the hospitality if the staff is good. The condition of the room is wellkept.

The staff even leave a small notes/memo to inform their presence at the room.

We sure will be coming here again..not during the peak seasons of course

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank ahwin66
Reviewed 17 March 2012

Checked in on 14th March 2012 for 2 nights.
Parking was still free and have ample space if you're driving.
Rates were still promotional - 261nett for corporate guest. Wired internet is free in the room.
Check-in was welcoming. The front desk staff was very friendly and never stops smiling.
Location-wise - next to East Coast Mall - just walk across the road from the hotel main entrance.
There was an MPH Book fair while I was there. Lucky me! Total books priced at RM1200+ but after discount only paid RM150.
Room is spacious BUT the window was so dirty!
Bathroom was the type that you cannot lock - so, be reminded to inform your kids not to open the sliding door while you're doing your thing - anything!
There is a Kids room for your children. My kids didn't go but I think it would be fun.
Breakfast and room-service food were with plenty of choice and tasted delicious.
Check out was a bit frustrating though - with the front desk staff entertained a "cut-the-queue" guest, which really pissed me off (while I was patiently waiting for my turn). He had some words from me, nevertheless...

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 March 2012

Indeed, the rooms are spacious and clean. The hotel is modern, front staff helpful, but the hotel lacks atmosphere. It is freezing cold, literally and figuratively.

A lot of choice for breakfast but the quality was terrible. The local coffee was even worse. Croissants and Danish pastries, which did not taste as such. Even the curry was bad, so at the end we had fried eggs with toast.
Food and drinks at a hawker stall are better than from this hotel.
For us not a hotel to return to.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Daniel_Belanda
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kuantan
Vistana Kuantan City Centre
Rocana Hotel Kuantan
#7 of 43 in Kuantan
Samsuria Beach Resort & Residence
Grand DarulMakmur Hotel Kuantan

Been to The Zenith Hotel, Kuantan? Share your experiences!