“best stay, but super unfriendly staffs”

The Zenith Hotel, Kuantan
Ranked #1 of 43 Hotels in Kuantan
Reviewed 11 April 2014

stayed here for 1 night only. had a course in hospital kuantan. beautiful spacious room, great accommodation, superb cleanliness, breakfast was awesome, great location just in front of the east coast mall. but the staffs at the reception and restaurant looks like they had just been scolded by their manager, or maybe they had just tasted something super sour before they meet with customers. i didnt get any smile during check in, nor at breakfast, nor during check out. they look super annoyed that we chose their hotel to stay in. or maybe we are just some nuisance who want to eat at their famous breakfast buffet? maybe they are just too tired working, but all im saying is there is still room for improvement and hey, a smile or two wont hurt im sure!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank dokter_kopak_je
There are newer reviews for The Zenith Hotel, Kuantan

Reviewed 9 April 2014

One of the best hotel in Kuantan. Clean, spacious and good sound proofing. WiFi in room, no login required. LAN cable also provided.

Location is strategic, opposite East Cost Mall, one of major shopping complex in Kuantan.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank RobertChew-MY
Reviewed 7 April 2014

is a perfect stay in Kuantan. From check-in until check-out no complain at all.
The rooms are modern and the bathrooms are perfect. The breakfast is good
and the lunch Buffett is very good, especially the Chicken Curry.
The Chinese Restaurant serving very good cuisine.
The only complain was the Hotel Car Service. We booked the Van for two days
in the morning. First day was okay, second day we had to wait for one! hour in the sun
for the driver to pick us up. We paid for the waiting time. This is unacceptable.
The staff at the Hotel is well trained and extremely helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I stayed four nights for business. I made a reservation on the hotel website. When I arrived at the hotel at night and tried to check in, I was told that my reservation could not be made sure. So I had to wait long time until my reservation was confirmed and I could check in, even though I was so tired. Furthermore, the female clerk at the reception was not so quick in doing business and did not apologize for my inconvenience. Since the accomodation and dining were with no problem, I was only sorry for the attitude of the clerk.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I was looking for a hotel that could fit the 4 of us in a room. Zenith is the only hotel in Kuantan that offers that at reasonable rate. Booking via the hotel website was a breeze.

The check-in wasn't so smooth as I was being serviced by a new staff, who was left alone to handle the processing herself by her seniors. After almost 10 minutes, a senior staff came to assist and told me I was entitled for only 1 breakfast. I informed her that I did not purchase any breakfast and 1 pax breakfast would not be enough for all the 4 of us.

After a much hassle check-in, we were happy to find the room. It was well organised and had everything that I imagined. The bathroom was spacious and clean.

Opposite the hotel is the East Coast Mall shopping centre. However, if you're thinking of staying near to the beach, this hotel might not be a suitable choice as it is about 10mins drive from the Teluk Chempedak beach.

After I checked out from the hotel and came back to KL, one of my friends forgotten to take her phone charger. I was rather disappointed because the hotel staff did not inform us when they found it right away. From my previous experience in another hotel during a vacation, a staff contacted me right away and offered to send it to me. I wish the same service would from from Zenith, a five star hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Stayed for 2 nights for business trip. Room was good. Love the Rain shower, which is placed just next to the bath tub. I really like that concept, and non-slippery floor of the shower itself. feels like kind of an outdoor experience.
Breakfast spread was quite good and many varieties.
My room was facing the other tower and roof of the conference centre, which was quite unpleasant.
Of course location is great! Will return again in next trip.

Room Tip: Get city view room for better view.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank IntanWan
Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

Nice environment to stay for family. Easy access to East Coast Mall for a shopping spree and about 10 km to Teluk Chempedak Beach.

Use Kuantan Exit from East Coast Expressway to reach the hotel. Just about 8 km to famous Seafood restaurant in Tanjung Lumpur.

A bit crowded on Saturday nite bcoz of functions which usually held at just besides the hotel...

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kuantan
Vistana Kuantan City Centre
Rocana Hotel Kuantan
#7 of 43 in Kuantan
Samsuria Beach Resort & Residence
Grand DarulMakmur Hotel Kuantan

Been to The Zenith Hotel, Kuantan? Share your experiences!