All reviews shopping mall east coast mall star hotel infinity pool yoga room business hotel breakfast spread business trip spacious lobby big mall kids room car park strategic location roti canai deluxe room noodles high floor
Reviewed 19 September 2018 via mobile

Located in front of the mall make it convenient for us to find restaurant for dinner..they have infinity pool,gym,kids room,Zumba class on Tuesday,Wednesday & Friday if I not mistaken..so for business traveller like me,make sure to bring along your swimming suits& sport shoes..

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

Have a very nice trip with my family here..
1. Service: nice and speedy.
2. Room: space, can added on another bed and with reasonable prices and set up very fast
3. Breakfast: generally nice but second morning have a horrible experience: rendang chicken not fully cooked, and porridge is so cool.. already informed the manager but seem like did not Gor any feedback or come and apologize

ThAts so disappointed.. before I go back...

Reviewed 6 September 2018 via mobile

This hotel is situated at a prime location in Kuantan. It is convenient to get shopping and dining as the East Coast Mall is right opposite the walking with 2min walking distance. I would strongly agree with some or the reviewer that this hotel definitely not worth rated as a 5 star hotel looking into the poor service.

Started with the check-in process,I booked a king bed deluxe room one month ago with my credit card secured. But during checking in, they gave me a twin bed deluxe room given the reason the King bed room was fully booked. Off course, with the black and white of confirmation email, I am making noise and insisted a complementary upgrade, then their on duty manager only came out to resolve it. At the end, they said they can give me a King bed deluxe room after 20min of searching in their system.

Apart from that, they want a rm30 deposit for loaning an umbrella while they already taken rm300 extra deposit on top of my room rate. What is the silly rationale as you can deduct from my deposit if I din’t return you the old, cheap plastic umbrella?

The hotel breakfast food is cold, tasteless and slow in replenishment. No usher to the table from the counter and you will see the service of cleaning the used table is like turtle crawling. So you have to find yourself a table and good luck as all the tables are not cleaned up and in messy condition.

Lastly, the hotel concierge will not help you to call taxi. They said external taxi cannot drive into the hotel premises. If you need taxi to Kuantan airport, you are “forced” to take the RM85 one way taxi in a 20min ride. I ended up walking out the hotel road side and hailed down a taxi which cost me RM40 per trip.

All in all, other than the location, please don’t have high expectation on the hospitality and warm services from the hotel staffs.

I would open to other better hotel in Kuantan next time especially Hyatt Regency has been reopened recently.

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Hengor
Reviewed 20 August 2018

Our two nights experience with this hotel was average. One of its advantages is its location just in front of shopping malls.

The rooms AC were not funcutiong well and it was hot. The other bad experience was during the check out. I have my car with me in the parking where I showed to the receptionist is the parking card needs any validation or payment. He said it’s ok and he did not do any validation. When I went to pick my car, the guy in the outside was saying that you need to validate this card?! I went back to the same receptionist and he was saying ok, I will do it for you?! Then, I was telling him that I told you about it 5 min ago and you did not respond?!

Date of stay: July 2018
Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

I am making an official complaint on zenith

I am extremely regretful ever being there and for sure would not spend my money on zenith anymore. Biggest mistake ever. Seriously.

I am travelling with a baby and i brought some packed baby food and expressed breast milk (ebm) that needs to be kept frozen. Surprisingly Zenith does not provide facility for this.

I had a long day at work and by the time I checked in it was already 11pm. And as soon as i checked in and got to the room, i started to unpack and wanting to store the frozen baby food and ebm, i found out that the mini bar does not have the freezer compartment that typically hotels put ice cubes you know. So i called the front desk and she said "Could you come down to the reception counter, maybe our manager will assist you."

I had to go down with my baby and the manager said "Very sorry but this is our policy, we cannot help you. None of our hotel rooms have the ability to freeze items and we also could not help you to keep them for you as this is Zenith's policy. If we help you and violate the policy, this will put our employment at risk. So, I'm afraid your baby food and milk do not have other choice but to go bad."

Not happy with his solution, I packed up my stuff and immediately checked out at 11.30pm. However as a profit driven hotel with lack of empathy, I still was charged RM316.00 for the room. No compensation or whatsoever. Only "Sorry" came out from their mouths.

To other parents out there please be very careful to not repeat my mistake. This lesson i learned cost me RM316.

I went next to Vistana and problem solved.

Date of stay: August 2018