“Fantastic”

Hyatt Regency Kuantan
Ranked #8 of 43 Hotels in Kuantan
Reviewed 1 November 2012

Massive restaurant - good choice of food
Good size rooms
Beautiful views
Well sized swimming pools
Snake skin on the stairs which was cool
Lovely staff
Nice weather
It is overall a good example of the famous Hyatt Regency chain. Every time I go to Malaysia I always go to this hotel - been to this resort since I was a kid!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Hyatt Regency Kuantan

Reviewed 25 October 2012

We spent four days here with our kids, and were very happy. The beach was wonderful and the two pools, including swim up bar, where our kids ate lunch and loved it, were fantastic. It was such a relaxing atmosphere and we were so well taken care of by the staff, we would definitely come back. The rooms were a bit small and not as fancy as we would expect in the US, but perfectly fine for us, and the hotel was quite accommodating when we requested connecting rooms. The Club room, where we had cocktails and snacks every night, and breakfast in the morning, was wonderful. The gym was also good, and the gift shop was well stocked with sunscreen and aloe vera gel when we ran out! Our kids loved the rec room, and we were able to check out a soccer ball to play on the beach.

Room Tip: Choose a room that gives access to the Regency Club for free breakfast, cocktails (and dinner if you...
2  Thank Michelle O
Reviewed 23 October 2012

This hotel would be a good choice for either a business trip or simply a weekend getaway. The staffs are warm and friendly. You can feel their sincerity to accomodate your needs. The business centre have the facility to accomodate your business trip.
The hotel has a nice landscape with direct access to the white sandy beach. The hotel is within walking distance to several fast food restaurant. There is 2 swimming pool, nice and large. However it's not convenient to swim after the sunset since there is only limited lights around the pool. It would be better if they put additonal lights on the swimming pool.
The room lighting is minimal so if you wish to have a brighter room, ask for a room facing the ocean. Each room has balcony but it would be best to keep the balcony door closed since the monkeys from the valley might come inside. One day, I experienced monkeys come to my room, trying to get left over food at from the plates that I left at the balcony. Other than my encounter with the monkeys, my trips to the hotel is satisfying.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the sea are brighter, good choice for a morning person.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 October 2012

This is a very nice hotel to stay especially an escape from your city life.
The room is clean and comfortable.
The swimming pool is clean (not all 5 stars hotel as clean as this) and warm. That is a very nice experience to enjoy in swimming pool.
The beach is clean and soft (some part, not all).
I have to say, I am lucky to have so nice weather, the sky is blue and cloud is so pure white during the evening.

Room Tip: the room that facing the sea will be great
Reviewed 21 October 2012

Having read some of the reviews, I was prepared for something worse. But having travelled in Malaysia for 2 years, it was actually quite nice. The room didn't have any view to speak of, we didn't book sea view, but it was reasonably tidy decor and enough room for an extra bed, unlike some places.
Both pools were clean and plenty of sun loungers, the kids didn't want to come out. Service in Coals was good as we were only ones eating early on Friday evening, one staff even entertaining our kids. The beach is clean and no problem for kids to play on.
Not much else around the hotel to do, but that was ok for our short weekend away.

Reviewed 21 October 2012

We stayed in Hyatt Kuantan for 2 nights from 27-29th of Sepetember 2012. We have stayed there quite a number of times. The hotel may look a little old and rusty but we wanted to stay there since everything is within reach. We had no problems during check-in and we were pleased that we were given a room located on the ground floor as we are parents to a super active toddler. Other rooms located on higher floors are with balconies, so it was pretty dangerous for our little miss to roam around. Fast food restaurants are just next door like McD and KFC. The beach is clean and it is fun if you could spend some time there. You could see monkeys wandering around at the nearby jungle and also sometimes on the rooftops of the fast food restaurants but it's pretty safe as long as you keep your doors closed. We love the pools. The room was clean and crisp, unfortunately the bathroom was a bit old to my liking. They could have improved better. There was a slight miscommunication during our check-out time. We called the reception for a bell-boy but no one came after 15 minutes of waiting, so we had to drag our bags to reception area all by ourselves. When we complained about this matter to the frontline, we were told that no one alerted the concierge about us. Perhaps there should be better communication among the staff and the customers in future to avoid any misunderstandings. Other than that, we enjoyed the stay and hope to come again next time.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 October 2012

I used to stay at Hyatt Kuantan quite frequently. Unfortunately during my last stay, I succumbed to bed bugs bite. I suffered rash and terrible itchiness. Had to seek medical attention immediately.I emailed to customer service but no reply. I followed up with an email to a higher authority personnel but also no reply. When I took a customer service survey, they finally got back to me. Reason for the ignorance was because they did not receive my email.

I gave them a chance to see what they could do. One of the staff called me and promise to revert the following working day. It has been 2 weeks and I am left with only empty promises.

No doubt Hyatt is beautiful but this experience is an eye opener to me. No thanks but NO MORE Hyatt for me. Very disappointed

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Stevenhobs
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kuantan
The Zenith Hotel, Kuantan
Swiss-Garden Beach Resort Kuantan
Vistana Kuantan City Centre
Swiss Garden Resort Residences Kuantan
Samsuria Beach Resort & Residence
Residence Inn Cherating
Residence Inn Cherating
#3 of 7 in Cherating

Been to Hyatt Regency Kuantan? Share your experiences!