“Great Location Good Service”

Hyatt Regency Kuantan
Ranked #8 of 43 Hotels in Kuantan
Reviewed 22 March 2013

Overall had a good time staying at this hotel. Like most people the location was great. Some parts of the service was great (regency club) but some parts was good (breakfast, pool) and some parts was poor like the housekeeping not replacing enough of the items in the room. There was construction next door (was suppose to be sheraton a few years ago) that was loud but which I guess hyatt has no control over. Overall a good trip.

Room Tip: Do not stay in Regency club room during daytime if construction still ongoing at next door property.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Phiota
There are newer reviews for Hyatt Regency Kuantan

Reviewed 22 March 2013 via mobile

For a sea view u pay 500 MYR all in incl. Tax - means 167 USD. I stayed 2 nights n change room. The bathtub was soooo Dirty n the water was accumulating in the bath tub while u take a shower. Same thing when you brush your teeth. The only nice thing is the location of the hotel. It's very nice n unique. Big REAL 5 stars hotels pls open in Kuantan. The people are nice, the nature is nice but for sure the Hyatt is not a 5 Stars!

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank Marceline1974
Reviewed 7 March 2013

The hotel is average, but what attracts people going there is the surrounding atmosphere. 24-hour restaurants, night market are available within a walking distance. One best thing for me about this hotel is the morning breeze while taking breakfast and facing the wide open sea. Its like freeing all your problems and getting ready for the day.

Room Tip: Avoid the lower ground level room.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Azhanmu
Reviewed 4 March 2013

I went with my family and It felt it was good, we got good reception from the front desk and the room was very well maintained, also I felt service was very good. Place located is good for holiday and very relaxing.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank sp t
Reviewed 1 March 2013

For a frequent business traveler , this was one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed in. I cannot believe that it is part of the Hyatt chain. I checked in at 12pm (25th Feb 2013) with a colleague as well (2 rooms -1415 and 2510), the concierge insisted they want to take our bags to the room. We proceeded to lunch at the cafe and when we came back we observed our bags are still at the concierge desk, the front desk saw we were talking about it, told us that she will get them to send it to the room.

We came back to the hotel at 9pm and our bags are still not in our room. I went down to the front desk (change of staff now) they don't have a clue where by bags were and it was located in a store. Both of our bags were lying there with the tags to deliver to the room.

Then as I wanted to take my shower and prepare to go out, there was no hot water. I called the front desk and they assured me that they will look into it. After an hour with no update,I decided to just take a cold shower since I was running late. I went to the front desk and told the Assistant Manager Mr Mark Esteva to lodge my complaints to Hyatt group and give me a copy of the email. However this was not done.

The next morning, breakfast was a nightmare. The hotel was packed due to a conference, however there was no contingency plan to handle a full house, with only one waiter service over 15 tables, I tried to get his attention for a cup of coffee, but after 15 minutes, I gave up and just went to the bar area myself. I don't know why I paid an additional RM33 bucks for this lousy breakfast and service.

My understanding that my company has discuss rates inclusive of breakfast and internet, however I was not given this. I shall lodge a complain to my HQ regarding this and hopefully remove Hyatt Group from the hotel panel, after all we are not valuable customers. I feel the Hilton and Starwood group of hotels have better services, even after any complaints they go beyond their way to assist their customers.

With over 10 years of frequent business traveling around the world, this is by far the WORST HOTEL IN THE WORLD.

Room Tip: The rooms are old and noisy. Like a ghost movie, the voices and noise from the hall will echo in you...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank CaptainRajesh
Reviewed 1 March 2013

Beachfront hotel of Telok Chempedak, with panoramic views of the South China Sea,east coast of Peninsula Malaysia.Hotel is designed in the architectural style of the traditional kampong (village) with private balconies with garden / sea views & two huge infinity beachfront pool!

Local surfers were spotted surfing on the monsoon waves.. *Surfboards/Bodyboard are available for renting at 20RM whole day. :)

This resort is worth staying. We had a memorable stay...

We will sure return..

Room Tip: ground rooms facing the sea!! execellent
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank JulisaSamat
Reviewed 26 February 2013

Great property or should I say great people who made our stay made memorable. Me and my friend's family stayed there for 3N4D in the Club room and had a great time in this resort. One of our neighbor had recommended this place, the resort was really worth the time and money. However nothing come with a pinch of salt, since we were in the Club room we could only have B'Fast in the Club Lounge and since their was a demolition going-on in the adjoining property, the smashing sound did not bear well with our start of the day. On top of it if you wanted to have B'Fast at their regular B'Fast buffet, we were told we will have to pay extra 4USD/head....I look forward to what Hyatt management has to say about that..

Room Tip: Request for Club Sea View corner room, especially on the Ground Floor
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Sanjeev0710
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kuantan
The Zenith Hotel, Kuantan
Swiss-Garden Beach Resort Kuantan
Vistana Kuantan City Centre
Swiss Garden Resort Residences Kuantan
Samsuria Beach Resort & Residence
Residence Inn Cherating
Residence Inn Cherating
#3 of 7 in Cherating

Been to Hyatt Regency Kuantan? Share your experiences!