“Tourist hot spot”

Ranked #31 of 43 Hotels in Kuantan
North India
“Tourist hot spot”
Reviewed 9 June 2009

I with my colleagues, had an official trip to Kuantan, and had to stay in this hotel. Though this hotel was not known to us, while booking, however, we realized we had made a very good choice.

The swimming pool is great, with a water fall and a restaurant overlooking this swimming pool.

I stayed for 2 nights and 2 days, but would had liked more to stay, if the business plan would have allowed to it. We experienced the jacuzzi, sauna bath and it was unmatched. We had a very tiring day and the jacuzzi was excellent to relieve of all the tiredness.

Indian food was a problem, but nearby pakistanis restaurants served our needs. A shopping mall, next to the hotel is a good place to shop and we heard of a nearby beach, we could not visit due to lack of time.

Hope I visit the beach next time.

• Liked — The pool location
  • Disliked — Lack of Indian veg food
  • Stayed April 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank BobbyNorthIndia

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Netherlands
Reviewed 1 February 2009

Planned to stay at hyatt but it is fully booked so i checked in here with my wife and 1 toddler. When i 1st step in the hotel it was just OKAY. But when I enter the room,.. it's so spacious, just very very satisfied. Service was good. Food is average. Overall it's very worth the price as we took the Super Deluxe Room.

• Liked — Room
  • Disliked — Food
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled on business
2 Thank VonArdox
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 14 January 2009

I was checked in to room in 14 floors and glad that the room was spacious and good for 3 person. Me, my friends and my friend's mother stayed comfortably in this spacious room. The balcony facing the swimming pool and be the higher floor have the advantage to see facing the town of kuantan. The bed, linens as well as the pillow are average comfort to us. However, the hotel might need to pay more attention to detail in the bathroom cleanliness. I spotted few mold, mildew and grouting around the shower door and tile. It look terrible but it need a special cleaning to remove those ugly looking thing. However, the bathroom was so spacious with a bathtub and shower stall. The bathroom amenities are basic need but we didn't use them. I think as a 4 stars hotel, the hotel should look into the possibility to upgrade the in room amenities such as the quality of shampoo and soap as it is not presentable and in low range of quality. Other thing is the security is not friendly and helpful as we were looking for a parking space and the security personnel only told us to check with another security personnel at the hotel for the parking space. I wonder don't they have any walkie talkie and communicate with each other and help us find a parking spot? The male receptionist are friendly and helpful and I would give them thumb up!
The breakfast was just average to me as I expect more from a 4 star hotel quality. To my surprise there no wholemeal bread as I don't prefer to eat white bread and no selection of cheese platter as well. I would rate the breakfast experience was a 3 star standard in normal 3 star hotel. I would go back to this hotel again to see some improvement in the cleanliness and also the standard of breakfast.

• Stayed January 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank CosyTraveller74

Travellers are raving about these Kuantan hotels

Victoria
Reviewed 9 August 2008

We arrived late Saturday afternoon. The staff seemed under considerable pressure and unwelcoming. The rooms were spacious and comfortable, although not completely renovated. The weekend was very busy and noisy. On the way from the airport our driver asked why we had come to Kuantan, as very few Australians do. This was not a good omen. A shuttle bus service to Kuantan was advertised, however, this was not the case due to the increase in petrol . We were able to hire transport into the town, which was further than described. The person at the tour desk spoke very limited English and was not able to organise any tours. Luckily, we orgainsed tours with our driver from the airport. This is not the spot for people who wish to enjoy water activities and sightseeing. It is more suited for those who like to laze by the pool and maybe join in paintball. Breakfast was very average. The pastries dry and tasteless. The staff seemed to stand around and made no effort to serve tea and coffee. The staff need to smile and offer better service.

• Liked — The pool area
  • Disliked — Lack of tourist activities or ability to help in this regard
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
adelaide
Reviewed 15 July 2008

Needs a paint job but big rooms and bathroom. Staff were friendly, not a great location, near sewage/treatment works and no restaurants.

• Disliked — step in bathroom, dangerous
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
Singapore
Reviewed 5 June 2008

It was a last minute arrangement and my family decided to visit Kuantan/Cherating over the weekend. As expected all the beach resort were fully booked and after several call, I was deciding whether to go with Vistana or MS, but eventually I settled with MS Garden for about RM 270 (1 breakfast).

Room wise, it is spacious but there is nothing to shout about as my first impression the place needs a bit of furnishing. It is not a resort style hotel or 4 star hotel and plainly a business type hotel within the Kuantan city The lobby ambience is abit cold and quiet. The good thing about the place is it is next to a Shopping mall.
The hotel website/photo needs updating.

My kid seemed like to the pool a bit but for me, I can't wait to go to other beach hotel.

• Liked — It is next to Shopping mall
  • Disliked — The place is abit run down. Need some reno
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
Auckland
Reviewed 1 January 2007

We stayed here for a week after travelling to Singapore and Kuala Lumpur, and it was the best place to wind down after the big cities. The service of the Swiss Garden was fantastic, all staff were friendly and welcoming. It was my husbands birthday when we were there, and they went out of their way to make it a special day for him.

We were also impressed with the variety of restaurants and food available at the resort.

I would highly recommend this property for a relaxing holiday.

• Liked — Very nice property, excellent service, excellent food.
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Tips/Secrets — Good idea to find a cab driver who you can negotiate a 'regular' fare with if you need to take frequent trips into the town (approx 15 km away)
  • Stayed July 2006, travelled as a couple