Legend Resort Cherating
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Club Med Cherating Beach(Cherating)
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsatv rideclean beachschool holidaysseafoodnice resortbreakfast spreadsquashswimmerssunrise
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 July 2013 via mobile

Stayed in a junior suite which was located very near to the beach area & swimming pool. It's the end unit......hence no disturbance of view.

The weather was good & I could watch the sunrise & sunset clearly from my room while enjoying morning & afternoon coffee/tea.....it's such a nice view!

Room facility - ok but the white bedsheet is not that clean & there are torn parts on some parts of one of the bedshet layers. The toilet is too big.....

Surrounding resort area is nice but rooms are mainly quite far from the reception area. Swimming pool is nice-different pool for babies, children & adults hence they are not crowded.

Overall service & environment is nice.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Akuamarin
Reviewed 9 July 2013

I've stayed here several times over the years and I know the hotel is old. But this time it looked particularly shabby and tired. I stayed in the main block on the first floor. The ground floor corridor was gloomy and smelly. The rooms are adequate. I had a very comfy queen size bed with clean sheets and good pillows. The furniture is rather ancient and the chair for the desk table was very uncomfortable. There was a sofa. The aircon was very powerful, and there was also a fan. Kettle with tea and coffee. Fridge. Bathroom was very shabby, but at least the water was scalding hot. Basic toiletries and towels supplied. My toilet flush died after a day and I had to call maintenance. The biggest problem was during the day when I didn't have the aircon on, the marble floor was soaking wet. Maintenance told me this was because the room below me had their aircon on, and it was condensation. I've never experienced this in any hotel before.

As I walked out, there was water coming out of one room for the 3 days I stayed - nice white towels were placed on the corridor floor to mop the water. In another corridor water was leaking from the roof.

Swimming pool is good and regularly cleaned.

Coffee shop ok but limited menu. When I was there it was free drinks for Ladies Nites on weekdays except Wed, so that was a bonus (although its only the cheap local spirits).

In conclusion, if you get a good deal off the internet then stay, but DON't pay the walk in price which is far higher. I can see why it is much cheaper than the other top end resorts in Cherating!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank LizinKL
Reviewed 5 July 2013

I stayed in one of the sea-facing rooms, ground floor. Not sure what type of room it was, but it had a queen bed with one sofa bed. The room was comfortable with basic coffee-making facilities, a functioning fridge, clean bedsheets, clean towels. The room was OK except that it looked a little bit rundown. Other than that it's OK.

My only complain would be that the shower area was not properly enclosed - I had a hard time keeping the bathroom dry.

The thing that I love most about this place would be the HUGE swimming pools. There are three of them, one pool for kids (about 2.5 ft), two pools for adults; one of which does not require you to have proper swimming attire to swim in. This is cool, especially for a lot of Malaysians who don't really care about owning proper swimming attires.

That's all. =)

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank IzzyMustafa
Reviewed 26 June 2013

Just return from a short 3D/2N vacation in Legend Cherating. Day 1 - Reception: Fast check-in & friendly staff. Long walk to Block A villa, open room door...da.da old looking room, next on the air cond..not cold...then switch on the ceiling fan...why not working !?...Oh I see..it only works between speed 2 & 5...1,3,4 out of service...next, find a wall socket to charge my phone...try the one at the side of the bed...what wrong with my charger now ??? Wait a minute...the AC socket looks kinda burn looking...never mind, check the one at the coffee counter and with my finger crossed...hooray,,its working...its working.. Now unpacked and wanna shower...shower here I come...water pressure and cold/hot water mixer fine...so lets shower....wait a minute...the bath room is turning into a invisible bathtub...yahoo...why didn't Legend mention that the bathroom have a invisible bathtub!!!?? Could charge us more $$$$ with baby steps walking out of the slippery and flooded bathroom...What shall I do now...unite with the rest of my family to the beach...all exchanging first impression on the rooms....too long to share my fingers will drop off first of my key board will burn..in short 2/10 there you go...now walking to the pool...wow the green pool looks great....but nooooo......its out of service... just to show you that they have a great looking green pool BUT not for swimming...just for show ONLY...what the hack...there is another pool what...so why compliant...take some photo by the green pool la...my guess is they may be down on life guard....wait a minute...is there any??? Nope...did not see any...hey...the life guards is standing by the notice board....bla bla bla...you should do this...should't do that....bottom line swim at your own risk..hhahaaha..fast forward to after dinner (out) back into the resort...what's next...lets go and play pool at the lobby area...too late..they took all the coins to the bank...so can't play pool...hey why not play snooker (the staff said) ok..why not...picking up a gue..WHAT!!! no tip on the snooker gue...how to play!!!??? Call it a night and get a refund...now hoping for a good night sleep....got up in the morning body ache all over...the bed was terrible..the air cond bad cooling & noisy. I can go on & on & on commenting on the resort....my suggestion is to convert the resort to a budget hotel...that way if you encounter any poor expectation...hey why complaint....budget hotel in 5 star clothing ....keep your expectation at budget level la....not happy go stay 5 star la....hahahahah. I WILL NOT recommend this hotel to any family/friends/business UNLESS you have never stayed in any resort or hotel in your life time and don't know what to expect..then be my guest...enjoy your stay at the legend cherating. The only fun we had there was the beach and the eatery around the Kuantan/Kemaman route. The whole place looks like it needs a total make over. Till then, it is a budget resort standard. Keep your expectation low and close one eye and you"ll be fine.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 June 2013

I stayed for 2 nights and 3 days. The rooms are very basic , the bathrooms are dirty and toilet was leaking all 3 days. Room service was delayed for 3 hours even on repeated reminders and when I finally put the foot down, they replied that we have a function and all staff if busy there.

There is only one restaurant and limited food choice. The Deluxe rooms have centralised air conditioning and they use cold water as coolant for air conditioning , it was unbearbale inside the room with temperature 26C, on repeated complaints they provided a gigantic size pedestal fan with high noise. Staying in this place was a big mistake

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business