“Family Vacation”

Legend Resort Cherating
Ranked #31 of 43 Hotels in Kuantan
“Family Vacation”
Reviewed 18 December 2013

The Hotel is too old and have to do some upgrading. However, i still enjoy my holiday with family in Cherating as the Hotel view and beach is awesome. They have 3 types of pool, adult, kids and baby which is very good. Breakfast, just ok nothing special.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Sivaram_Gangathanam, General Manager at Legend Resort Cherating, responded to this review, 22 December 2013
Dear Rohaini B,

Greetings from The Legend Resort Cherating.

We are pleased to know of your pleasant experience with us. Do know that we are in the midst of upgrading our resort and our food and beverage department in order to provide better services to our guests. Rest assured your next visit with us will be a more satisfying one.

G. Sivaram
Resort Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Base on the title, it does suit the room, the facilities, the rudeness of Reception crew, the in-room facilities, the TV channel and also rude and impolite F&B staff.

I've read so many negative feedback and reviews from several personnel, and nothing was done to improve it and I can see it clearly during my stay recently.

So what the use of this survey, if Legend Resort Cherating doesn't care less of what guest had to say?

1 Thank Kay_Aay2574
Sivaram_Gangathanam, General Manager at Legend Resort Cherating, responded to this review, 12 December 2013
Dear Kay_Aay2574,

Greetings from The Legend Resort Cherating.

Please accept my sincerest apologies for your less than pleasant experience during your stay with us. Be certain that we take the comments of each and every one of our guests very seriously and we take steps to rectify and improve both our services and our property. Rest assured that I have forwarded your comment to my respective department heads and I will personally see to it that these issues are taken care of. I sincerely hope that you will consider visiting us again and we will strive to make your stay a more memorable and enjoyable one. Please do not hesitate to ask for me directly the next time you visit Cherating Beach.

G. Sivaram
Resort Manager

Travellers are raving about these Kuantan hotels

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 9 December 2013

we booked a week through Marriott. The 1 bedroom junior suite was very good with excellent ocean view....very spacious and had 2 bathrooms. However, there was no crockery or cutlery provided...small frig but no microwave. There was a daily band..with free drinks for ladies which was a great perk. The one restaurant was quite sub standard...cleanliness was questionable and hardly any choice of food A car is needed as the nearest shopping is 25km away Due to heavy rain and power failure we left after 4 days.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Sivaram_Gangathanam, General Manager at Legend Resort Cherating, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Dear Rini47,

Greetings from The Legend Resort Cherating.

It is most unfortunate to hear of your less than satisfying stay with us here at the Legend Resort Cherating. We do thank you for your honest comments and we do take your comments seriously both the good and the bad. In regards to our restaurant, I have personally forwarded your comment to my respective head in the F & B department for further action. Rest assured that we have been hard at work at giving our resort an internal facelift through our refurbishment program that is currently underway. Although, it is unfortunate that your vacation was affected by the heavy rains with inevitably led to a power disruption all over Cherating area due to flash floods. We most certainly hope that you would consider visiting us again for we will strive to make your next experience a far more pleasant one.

G.Sivaram
Klang
Reviewed 2 December 2013

1. Slow counter service: kept our family waited for > 20 minutes to get a room key although one customer in a queue.
2. Cannot use shower head: pipe burst.
3. Cannot use toilet sprinkler: damaged.
4. Bath door-lock spoiled.
5. Entrance door-lock broken.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Azhar465
Sivaram_Gangathanam, General Manager at Legend Resort Cherating, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
Dear Azahar,

Greetings for The Legend Resort Cherating

Please accept my humble apologies over your less than pleasant stay at our establishment. As you know, we strive to keep our resort in tip top shape on a regular basis to ensure our guests receive both comfort and security while staying over with us. Rest assured I have forwarded this to my department heads in both maintenance and housekeeping so they may tend to the issues you have highlighted. Rest assured, we will have these problems rectified and we most certainly hope that your next stay with us will be a more pleasant and memorable one. Do contact me personally should you visit us again.

Putrajaya, Malaysia
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Hi, I've checked in at your hotel on 22nd november for 2 nights. I basically satisfied with your service for the room and facilities. However, during breakfast on 24th November (Sunday) there is Mr "Shaharudin" who is very rude to us,your customers. At first I heard him talking very loudly about the table behind us lefting an unfinished foods.

And suddenly, he came to our table with his angry face. He lifting up the plate and stacking it angrily. He said, why didn't you finished this foods with a very loud voice and angry tone with fierce looks. He said this is a lot where basically I don't think it's that lot- (sauted mushroom). He didn't asked politely why and why? He just ambushed to our table and with a fierce looking asking why we are not finishing the foods. First, the taste of the sauted black mushroom was not acceptable hence cannot finish it. But is this how you treat your customer? You should ask us first and in a polite manner. Then he moved to other table with his fierce face. Shouting to his collegue..and "membebel" while we at your cafe still having our breakfast.
Please improve because basically I am very dissappointed and not please with his rude action to us and especially while we are still "EATING".

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Sivaram_Gangathanam, General Manager at Legend Resort Cherating, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
Dear FilizFida,

Please accept my sincerest apologies over your rather disappointing experience with us and know that we appreciate your honest feedbacks and comments in regards to our resort. I have forwarded this to my designated head and rest assured we will take the necessary steps to address the issue at hand. I hope that this unfortunate incident had not tarnished your overall impression of our resort and we most certainly hope that we will see you again in the near future. Please do not hesitate to ask for me specifically when you return to the Legend Cherating.

Reviewed 22 November 2013

Stayed a night here during the school holiday.

The hotel looks old and run-down. I think some refurbishment works are needed in order to create pleasant and exciting experience. I was given 2 rooms in Villa D. Both rooms were spacious and clean.

Check in was slow and the reception staff was not able to answer most of my questions.

Parking area is a bit distance from our rooms. It is not a problem to walk 2-3 minutes to the rooms. But if you are with your stuff, baby, stroller and etc then I think you are going to start the complaint.

Breakfast in the hotel was disappointed. The restaurant was crowded and insufficient staff to clean up the tables. Food variety was limited.

There is a nice beach area there where you and your family might be enjoying there. That's the only compliment to this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Sivaram_Gangathanam, General Manager at Legend Resort Cherating, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Dear Sai Keong C,

Greetings from The Legend Resort Cherating

On behalf of the resort, I do apologize for your less than satisfying visit to our establishment. Be assured that we treasure your comments and suggestions and I have personally forwarded them to my respective department heads, especially the F & B department. Also, know that we have placed in motion our plans to refurbish and renovate our resort. We most certainly hope that your next visit to the Legend Resort will be up to your expectation. Thank you and we wish you a most pleasant day.

Malaysia
Reviewed 14 November 2013 via mobile

The resort is sitting on a huge plot of land, offering plenty of space to roam around with your family. Some parts of the resort does need some refurbishment works. The resort houses a lounge, convenience shop, a swimming pool & a wading pool & offer both outdoor & indoor recreational activities & water sports.

We checked in to our usual deluxe room which is sea fronting & catches a pretty good breeze from the large balcony. They are still using keys instead of keycards to access the room, which I think is pretty dated. The room itself is pretty good & well furnished, air conditioned & with an attached bathroom equipped with rain shower. The bedding is plush & mattress firm enough for a pleasant sleep. You still get the standard stuff like coffee & tea facility & LCD TV.

Overall, this resort is above average in my books & meets most of my requirements as a frequent traveller. It is still a little rough around the edges, so some refurbishment would be even better.

Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Sivaram_Gangathanam, General Manager at Legend Resort Cherating, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
Dear D_Jekyll,

Greetings from the Legend Resort Cherating.

I am pleased to know that your stay with us was as pleasant as you expected and on behalf of this hotel, I thank you for your insightful feedback. Plans to upgrade our property is already in the works so be assured that we at Legend will continually strive to provide better services to our guests. We hope that you will be able to experience these improvements when you visit us again.

Resort Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kuantan
Residence Inn Cherating
Residence Inn Cherating
#2 of 6 in Cherating
Suria Cherating Beach Resort, Kuantan
Cherating Eastana Beach Resort
Samsuria Beach Resort & Residence
Swiss-Garden Beach Resort Kuantan
Holiday Villa Beach Resort & Spa Cherating

Been to Legend Resort Cherating? Share your experiences!