“Still OK”

Legend Resort Cherating
Ranked #30 of 43 Hotels in Kuantan
“Still OK”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

Visited Cherating again this year and stayed at Legend Resort with big family. We took 5 rooms for 2 nights. Hotel was slightly deserted this time around although it is a school holiday (usually peak season) as with the recent flooding in the area. Hotel as usual was OK. Room OK. Service and staff OK. Nothing much apart from the company we were travelling with. Big pool for the kids. Rather clean beach. We ate out most of the time so nothing much to say about the restaurant. One thing though should the management which to consider, the hotel could use a bigger tv to watch important events such as football etc. BPL game was on that night and we had to go out to other hotel to watch it more comfortably.

Room Tip: Take the ground floor rooms if you like a balcony that brings you straight to the pool/beach. Beware...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank SharinaShah
Sivaram_Gangathanam, General Manager at Legend Resort Cherating, responded to this review, 5 January 2014
Dear SharinaShah,

Greetings from The Legend Resort Cherating.

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your experience here at the Legend Resort. We’re currently in the midst of upgrading our hotel which also includes our food and beverages. I would also like to thank you for your suggestions, rest assured we will see to it that steps be taken to improve your future experiences here with us. We wish you a most pleasant day.

Resort Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2013

Overall in this hotel is OK. My children is quite enjoy with swimming pool, room is nice & clean and friendly reception (they upgrade my to deluxe room seaview instaed i book standard room). But, the buffet breakfast need to improve less selection and facilities need to improve also. anyhow, our family are very happy & enjoy staying in this hotel.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Sivaram_Gangathanam, General Manager at Legend Resort Cherating, responded to this review, 26 December 2013
Dear Alice L,

Greetings from The Legend Resort Cherating.

I am glad to hear of your wonderful time at The Legend Resort Cherating. Do know that we are currently in the midst of upgrading our resort and our F&B. Rest assured there is much to look forward to on your next visit. Here is to us wishing you Happy Holidays and a wonderful New Year.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2013

Staffs are not well trained, or at least let them know some tips & tricks of working in hospitality industry. No proper welcoming or greeting to guests, and if i am not from Malaysia, I would have said that the receiptionist was very rude. The only guy smiling was the bellboy, who smiled and welcomed us. I stayed there on Saturday 7th Dec 2013 in a Superior room. As i am working for a national oil company who always held functions at hotels in Kemaman, Paka, Kuantan and Cherating; I asked if there is any corporate rate available so that i can get a slightly cheaper price. However, they mentioned that there was no corporate rate for my company. Surprising! And when asked how much will be the superior room charge per night, it would be RM 300++. I made a right decision and quickly checked the booking.com & agoda. Thank god i get RM 201++ only for a night. And they claimed that the RM300++ come with breakfast. When asked about how much will be the breakfast cost, walk in would be only Rm20. The rate inclusive of breakfast does not make sense.

Furnitures, chairs, facilities, bed, air cond, toilet and rest of other amenities looks very old and not well maintained. I am fine with any arrangement, but i do not expect that from a claimed 4 start resort hotel in Cherating area / kemaman. The standard is more like a motel.

Check out time was written behind the key card around 12noon. Flexibility will be given for late check out at least until 1pm. As i was travelling from KL the night before, and only arrived at around 3am morning, i slept late and accidentally woke up at around 1230noon. I then started packing up and ready to check out. The front desk called, and she sounded as if she was threatening me "If you dont check out now, I will charge half day". What the ***? Cant she talk politely or at least asked first? I know i have to check out and i will anyway.

And lastly, dont talk about procedures, or hospitality during the check in or check out. The swipe my credit card initially for authorization purposes, and did not show me (at least!) the credit card receipt. They expect me to believe that they just authorized RM 600 and will confirm it again later tomorrow during check out. With all the technologies and method people have now, many things can be done to fraud / exploit the credit card. I have been a victim of credit card fraud myself via method i could never think of, so I was just trying to be careful. I have stayed at all sort of hotels / motels, the cheapest & most slumpy rest house to even 7 stars hotel in Dubai for example. All of them showed me that the have pre verified such amount to my credit card (if im using credit card) as standard practice. But not in Legend Hotel. And I dont think that all those staffs received proper trainingfor hotel business / hospitality business.

Room Tip: Dont even consider staying here. Better if you stay at Awana Kijal, or Club Med in Cherating.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business

2 Thank HAFIZM3
Sivaram_Gangathanam, General Manager at Legend Resort Cherating, responded to this review, 30 December 2013
Dear HAFIZM3,

Greetings from The Legend Resort Cherating.

It truly is most distressing to hear of your rather unpleasant experience. That being said, I have personally conducted a thorough investigation with my staff regarding your complaint and we have reason to believe that there may have been a misunderstanding. Do refer to the points below:

1. We do not have the stated rate of RM201++. Our online rates at that time are RM200++ for Room Only and RM260++ for room with breakfast.

2. We do not have a breakfast rate of RM20. Instead, our breakfast is sold at RM23.60 Nett.

3. Our hotel does not have a key card system for we are still using standard metal keys for room access.

4. There is no bellboy on duty at 3AM as our bellboy services will end precisely at 11PM. As such this service will then be taken over by our security personnel.

5. We hold no records of any guests checking in at 3AM on your appointed dates.

However should you believe that we have erred and wish to clarify on this matter, please do not hesitate to contact us at our general line at 609 581 9818.

Resort Manager.

Travellers are raving about these Kuantan hotels

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2013

The Hotel is too old and have to do some upgrading. However, i still enjoy my holiday with family in Cherating as the Hotel view and beach is awesome. They have 3 types of pool, adult, kids and baby which is very good. Breakfast, just ok nothing special.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Sivaram_Gangathanam, General Manager at Legend Resort Cherating, responded to this review, 22 December 2013
Dear Rohaini B,

Greetings from The Legend Resort Cherating.

We are pleased to know of your pleasant experience with us. Do know that we are in the midst of upgrading our resort and our food and beverage department in order to provide better services to our guests. Rest assured your next visit with us will be a more satisfying one.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

Base on the title, it does suit the room, the facilities, the rudeness of Reception crew, the in-room facilities, the TV channel and also rude and impolite F&B staff.

I've read so many negative feedback and reviews from several personnel, and nothing was done to improve it and I can see it clearly during my stay recently.

So what the use of this survey, if Legend Resort Cherating doesn't care less of what guest had to say?

1 Thank Kay_Aay2574
Sivaram_Gangathanam, General Manager at Legend Resort Cherating, responded to this review, 12 December 2013
Dear Kay_Aay2574,

Greetings from The Legend Resort Cherating.

Please accept my sincerest apologies for your less than pleasant experience during your stay with us. Be certain that we take the comments of each and every one of our guests very seriously and we take steps to rectify and improve both our services and our property. Rest assured that I have forwarded your comment to my respective department heads and I will personally see to it that these issues are taken care of. I sincerely hope that you will consider visiting us again and we will strive to make your stay a more memorable and enjoyable one. Please do not hesitate to ask for me directly the next time you visit Cherating Beach.

Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

we booked a week through Marriott. The 1 bedroom junior suite was very good with excellent ocean view....very spacious and had 2 bathrooms. However, there was no crockery or cutlery provided...small frig but no microwave. There was a daily band..with free drinks for ladies which was a great perk. The one restaurant was quite sub standard...cleanliness was questionable and hardly any choice of food A car is needed as the nearest shopping is 25km away Due to heavy rain and power failure we left after 4 days.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Sivaram_Gangathanam, General Manager at Legend Resort Cherating, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Dear Rini47,

Greetings from The Legend Resort Cherating.

It is most unfortunate to hear of your less than satisfying stay with us here at the Legend Resort Cherating. We do thank you for your honest comments and we do take your comments seriously both the good and the bad. In regards to our restaurant, I have personally forwarded your comment to my respective head in the F & B department for further action. Rest assured that we have been hard at work at giving our resort an internal facelift through our refurbishment program that is currently underway. Although, it is unfortunate that your vacation was affected by the heavy rains with inevitably led to a power disruption all over Cherating area due to flash floods. We most certainly hope that you would consider visiting us again for we will strive to make your next experience a far more pleasant one.

Klang
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

1. Slow counter service: kept our family waited for > 20 minutes to get a room key although one customer in a queue.
2. Cannot use shower head: pipe burst.
3. Cannot use toilet sprinkler: damaged.
4. Bath door-lock spoiled.
5. Entrance door-lock broken.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Azhar465
Sivaram_Gangathanam, General Manager at Legend Resort Cherating, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
Dear Azahar,

Greetings for The Legend Resort Cherating

Please accept my humble apologies over your less than pleasant stay at our establishment. As you know, we strive to keep our resort in tip top shape on a regular basis to ensure our guests receive both comfort and security while staying over with us. Rest assured I have forwarded this to my department heads in both maintenance and housekeeping so they may tend to the issues you have highlighted. Rest assured, we will have these problems rectified and we most certainly hope that your next stay with us will be a more pleasant and memorable one. Do contact me personally should you visit us again.

Mr. Sivaram
Resort Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kuantan
Residence Inn Cherating
Residence Inn Cherating
#2 of 6 in Cherating
Suria Cherating Beach Resort, Kuantan
Cherating Eastana Beach Resort
Samsuria Beach Resort & Residence
Swiss-Garden Beach Resort Kuantan
Holiday Villa Beach Resort & Spa Cherating

Been to Legend Resort Cherating? Share your experiences!