“3D2N awesome stay”

Legend Resort Cherating
Ranked #34 of 44 Hotels in Kuantan
Reviewed 8 February 2014

Received complimentary 3D2N token for this place, the location is nice, room is situated at ground floor, right in front of the poolside. The room is clean with complimentary of mineral water. All in all, food around Legend area are good and they have variety of choices for seafood as well.

The swimming pool is very well maintained and spacious. As the geographical design of the sea is not advisable to swim plus the current, but you could swim in the huge 3 different swimming pools that the hotel provide.

Hotel area and surau is bit old and need refurbishment, plus the landscape at the hotel area need to be improved allot.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank synovates
Sivaram_Gangathanam, General Manager at Legend Resort Cherating, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2014

Dear Synovates,

Greetings from The Legend Resort.

On behalf of The Legend Resort, Cherating, I would like to thank you for your wonderful compliment and I am glad you enjoyed your stay. I would also pleased to inform that we are in the midst of renovating and improving our rooms to better cater to our guests. So rest assured your next stay with us will be a more enjoyable one. Thank you and we certainly hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 10 January 2014

This a 2 star hotel trying to be a 3 star.
This is not a 4 star hotel and therefore it is really not worth the money.

The whole place is rather run down and a bit dirty.
The staff can't be bothered to greet you, help you or do anything.
The local food is ok but the western food is terrible.
The rooms are noisy - Many things are missing: bath mats, hand towels, beach towels, etc.. - Many things were not working properly: air conditioning, fan, etc.

Overall, NOT RECOMMENDED.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Guillaume P
Sivaram_Gangathanam, General Manager at Legend Resort Cherating, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Dear Guillaume P,

Greetings from The Legend Resort.

Please accept my sincerest apologies over your less than pleasant experience. Rest assured I have forwarded your comments to my department heads and I have will see to it personally that this matter is resolved. Do know that we are also in the midst of upgrading our hotel and I implore you to give our hotel another chance should you plan to visit Cherating again. Thank you for your comment and on behalf of this hotel, I wish you a pleasant day.

Reviewed 10 January 2014

Pretty much nothing to do , guess i went at the wrong period ( monsoon) but overall the hotel is quite nice. I would recommend this hotel for families or bigger groups. there is nothing around the hotel .So be well prepared before you head there.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joellin

Dear Joellin,

Greetings from The Legend Cherating Resort

On behalf of the hotel, I would like to thank you for your comment although we’re sorry to hear of your rather uneventful stay. The best months to come to Cherating is usually around April after the monsoon. We most certainly hope that you would visit us again, we are in the midst of upgrading so rest assured your next visit will be more pleasant than the last.

Reviewed 30 December 2013

Visited Cherating again this year and stayed at Legend Resort with big family. We took 5 rooms for 2 nights. Hotel was slightly deserted this time around although it is a school holiday (usually peak season) as with the recent flooding in the area. Hotel as usual was OK. Room OK. Service and staff OK. Nothing much apart from the company we were travelling with. Big pool for the kids. Rather clean beach. We ate out most of the time so nothing much to say about the restaurant. One thing though should the management which to consider, the hotel could use a bigger tv to watch important events such as football etc. BPL game was on that night and we had to go out to other hotel to watch it more comfortably.

Room Tip: Take the ground floor rooms if you like a balcony that brings you straight to the pool/beach. Beware...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank SharinaShah
Sivaram_Gangathanam, General Manager at Legend Resort Cherating, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2014

Dear SharinaShah,

Greetings from The Legend Resort Cherating.

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your experience here at the Legend Resort. We’re currently in the midst of upgrading our hotel which also includes our food and beverages. I would also like to thank you for your suggestions, rest assured we will see to it that steps be taken to improve your future experiences here with us. We wish you a most pleasant day.

Reviewed 25 December 2013

Overall in this hotel is OK. My children is quite enjoy with swimming pool, room is nice & clean and friendly reception (they upgrade my to deluxe room seaview instaed i book standard room). But, the buffet breakfast need to improve less selection and facilities need to improve also. anyhow, our family are very happy & enjoy staying in this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Sivaram_Gangathanam, General Manager at Legend Resort Cherating, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2013

Dear Alice L,

Greetings from The Legend Resort Cherating.

I am glad to hear of your wonderful time at The Legend Resort Cherating. Do know that we are currently in the midst of upgrading our resort and our F&B. Rest assured there is much to look forward to on your next visit. Here is to us wishing you Happy Holidays and a wonderful New Year.

G. Sivaram
Resort Manager

Reviewed 20 December 2013

Staffs are not well trained, or at least let them know some tips & tricks of working in hospitality industry. No proper welcoming or greeting to guests, and if i am not from Malaysia, I would have said that the receiptionist was very rude. The only guy smiling was the bellboy, who smiled and welcomed us. I stayed there on Saturday 7th Dec 2013 in a Superior room. As i am working for a national oil company who always held functions at hotels in Kemaman, Paka, Kuantan and Cherating; I asked if there is any corporate rate available so that i can get a slightly cheaper price. However, they mentioned that there was no corporate rate for my company. Surprising! And when asked how much will be the superior room charge per night, it would be RM 300++. I made a right decision and quickly checked the booking.com & agoda. Thank god i get RM 201++ only for a night. And they claimed that the RM300++ come with breakfast. When asked about how much will be the breakfast cost, walk in would be only Rm20. The rate inclusive of breakfast does not make sense.

Furnitures, chairs, facilities, bed, air cond, toilet and rest of other amenities looks very old and not well maintained. I am fine with any arrangement, but i do not expect that from a claimed 4 start resort hotel in Cherating area / kemaman. The standard is more like a motel.

Check out time was written behind the key card around 12noon. Flexibility will be given for late check out at least until 1pm. As i was travelling from KL the night before, and only arrived at around 3am morning, i slept late and accidentally woke up at around 1230noon. I then started packing up and ready to check out. The front desk called, and she sounded as if she was threatening me "If you dont check out now, I will charge half day". What the ***? Cant she talk politely or at least asked first? I know i have to check out and i will anyway.

And lastly, dont talk about procedures, or hospitality during the check in or check out. The swipe my credit card initially for authorization purposes, and did not show me (at least!) the credit card receipt. They expect me to believe that they just authorized RM 600 and will confirm it again later tomorrow during check out. With all the technologies and method people have now, many things can be done to fraud / exploit the credit card. I have been a victim of credit card fraud myself via method i could never think of, so I was just trying to be careful. I have stayed at all sort of hotels / motels, the cheapest & most slumpy rest house to even 7 stars hotel in Dubai for example. All of them showed me that the have pre verified such amount to my credit card (if im using credit card) as standard practice. But not in Legend Hotel. And I dont think that all those staffs received proper trainingfor hotel business / hospitality business.

Room Tip: Dont even consider staying here. Better if you stay at Awana Kijal, or Club Med in Cherating.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank HAFIZM3
Sivaram_Gangathanam, General Manager at Legend Resort Cherating, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Dear HAFIZM3,

Greetings from The Legend Resort Cherating.

It truly is most distressing to hear of your rather unpleasant experience. That being said, I have personally conducted a thorough investigation with my staff regarding your complaint and we have reason to believe that there may have been a misunderstanding. Do refer to the points below:

1. We do not have the stated rate of RM201++. Our online rates at that time are RM200++ for Room Only and RM260++ for room with breakfast.

2. We do not have a breakfast rate of RM20. Instead, our breakfast is sold at RM23.60 Nett.

3. Our hotel does not have a key card system for we are still using standard metal keys for room access.

4. There is no bellboy on duty at 3AM as our bellboy services will end precisely at 11PM. As such this service will then be taken over by our security personnel.

5. We hold no records of any guests checking in at 3AM on your appointed dates.

However should you believe that we have erred and wish to clarify on this matter, please do not hesitate to contact us at our general line at 609 581 9818.

Reviewed 18 December 2013

The Hotel is too old and have to do some upgrading. However, i still enjoy my holiday with family in Cherating as the Hotel view and beach is awesome. They have 3 types of pool, adult, kids and baby which is very good. Breakfast, just ok nothing special.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Sivaram_Gangathanam, General Manager at Legend Resort Cherating, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2013

Dear Rohaini B,

Greetings from The Legend Resort Cherating.

We are pleased to know of your pleasant experience with us. Do know that we are in the midst of upgrading our resort and our food and beverage department in order to provide better services to our guests. Rest assured your next visit with us will be a more satisfying one.

G. Sivaram
Resort Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kuantan
2 mi away
Swiss-Garden Beach Resort Kuantan
Suria Cherating Beach Resort
Swiss Garden Resort Residences Kuantan
Vistana Kuantan City Centre

Been to Legend Resort Cherating? Share your experiences!