“It's ok”

Legend Resort Cherating
Ranked #33 of 43 Hotels in Kuantan
Reviewed 27 March 2014

The Legend tries hard. Aimed at Malaysians rather than the foreign tourist. Take it if you can accept being local. Breakfast was good bit can't say the same for the evening meals. Not too much to do, so just a few days get away would be fine. You'll need your own transport to really get around. I would imagine it would be fun for young children in the pool etc etc.
The fire fly evening visit was intriguing , but not so the evening market. Give that a miss.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Sivaram_Gangathanam, General Manager at Legend Resort Cherating, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Dear Stev E,

Greetings from the Legend Resort, Cherating.

We most certainly strive to offer the best service to each and every one of our guests both foreign and local. I hope that our resort had been up to your satisfaction despite some of the more minor issues you have mentioned in your comment. Do visit us again should you decide to make Cherating your next vacation destination. Thank you.

There are newer reviews for Legend Resort Cherating

Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

Location wise : easy to find, many local eatery. However beware , EXPENSIVE. (Better review on Foursquare before ordering foods. It helps.)

Selling point : Nice seaview, friendly staff, easy access to wide clean beach, clean pool. Coconut Grove cafe provides decent eating & affordable too.

Cons : Pipe leaking, water run-out many times, housekeeping not replacing water bottle (2 per room) & u hv to request for bathrm mats. Really? Balcony extremely dirty & oily. Wifi open but can't access from room. only those in lobby can get wifi. Mine is the deluxe room with sofa bed. Stay for a week.

Rating : 6.5 / 10

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank nadzra

Dear Nadzra,

Greetings from the Legend Resort, Cherating.

Rest assured I have forwarded your comment to my heads of departments and will see to it that your issues be rectified accordingly. Despite the obvious letdown, I most certainly hope that these issues had not tarnished your otherwise pleasant experience of our resort. Do visit us again should you find yourself back in Cherating. Thank you.

Resort Manager

Reviewed 25 March 2014

Hi, I stayed here for 2 nights in March. It's almost RM 400 per night for the rundown resort, I would say that the room price is overrated. The TV signal was bad all the time, with the old style small tube TV. The balcony was dirty, like never used for ages. I have to find the sweep for myself to clean it up. Told the housekeeper to call the maintenance to replace the malfunction bulb in my toilet, no one came. Even the malfunctioned bulbs along the corridor were not replaced. The pools were great, but it a bit dirty. Especially the green pool.

Other facilities, like gym and sauna, I didn't see any signs showing neither the gym nor sauna.

The positives are, friendly and informative staffs and rich breakfast.

I took 4 rooms for 2 nights. Definitely will never come back unless its been upgraded.

Regards.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear Shamosam,

Greetings from the Legend Resort, Cherating.

It certainly is distressing to hear of your unpleasant stay here with us. Rest assured that I have forwarded your comment to my heads of departments and I will personally see to it that this does not happen again. Please note that due to the high occupancy during the duration of your stay, the green pool had been closed and was undergoing maintenance at the time. Also, do note that we are in the midst of refurbishing our rooms to ensure a better experience for all of our guests. I most certainly hope that you could consider visiting us again the next time you are in Cherating despite the mishaps. Thank you.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

Almost all the rooms got beautiful scenery of the beach. The rooms are adequately supplied with basic needs. The staffs are very friendly. However WiFi is a bit poor. Breakfast offers variety of food.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Muzakhir_Asrul,

Greetings from the Legend Resort, Cherating.

I am delighted to hear of your pleasant stay with us and I have forwarded your honest compliments to my heads of departments. Do note that we are in the midst of refurbishing and one of our major improvements will include a full coverage of Wi-FI services throughout the resort. Rest assured, your next stay will have you better wired to the web. Thank you.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

Spacious and clean rooms, with the best view ever . Breakfast quite rich and staff very friendly .
The only inconvenience is the pool ...is so beautiful but so dirty :(((.
The beach is incredible but be careful ... a lot of midges will bite you .

I have been in other resorts in the same area and I can say that the Legend is one of the bests . At my first place there is the Holiday Villa , just because they have two big and super clean swimming pool .

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Sivaram_Gangathanam, General Manager at Legend Resort Cherating, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2014

Dear Erika Carry C,

Greetings from the Legend Resort, Cherating.

Thank you for sharing your rather pleasant stay with us on our Tripadvisor page. I have forwarded your good comments and compliments to my department heads to notify them of a job well done. I am terribly sorry on the state of our pool but also do know that the pool was currently undergoing repairs throughout the duration of your stay. We have also been increasing our smogging activities to deal with our sand fly problems. Nevertheless, we advise our guests to use repellants when venturing outside at night. Once again, I thank you for your compliments and we most certainly hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

Been here last weekend for a getaway with friends. Very lovely beach they have. the weather was good at that time, so we spent quality time with ATV, swimming in hotel pool and strolling along the beach. Love the pool too especially the green one. Foods offered were quite good. plenty of choices but need to be improved further. Room, most of the facilities were ok except the leaking of the toilet and the not so functioning air cond. beddings are well cared. comfortable bed. btw, wifi connection is very poor

Room Tip: high floor but with a good wifi connection
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Dear FaraMohd,

Greetings from the Legend Resort, Cherating.

I am pleased to know that you and your friends enjoyed your recent stay with us. Though, I do apologize for the leaking toilets, rest assured I have forwarded this to my head of maintenance and we will have that issue rectified immediately. I most certainly hope that you would consider us again should you decide to visit Cherating in the near future. Thank you.

Reviewed 18 March 2014

Love this place, it is very good location wih nice sea view.
- Suitable for family holiday trip like me, my children very in love with the swimming pool.
- we had enjoyable outdoor family activities riding ATV jungle trekking, it is best memorable experienced.
- i personally very satisfied with our room.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Rozaini S

Dear Rozaini S,

Greetings from the Legend Resort, Cherating.

Thank you for your wonderful comment on our resort. I am glad to know that your time with us was indeed a pleasant one. We are delighted to be of service and we most definitely hope to see you again in future. Thank you.

Resort Manager.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kuantan
Residence Inn Cherating
Residence Inn Cherating
#3 of 7 in Cherating
Swiss-Garden Beach Resort Kuantan
Samsuria Beach Resort & Residence
Swiss Garden Resort Residences Kuantan
Suria Cherating Beach Resort
Cherating Eastana Beach Resort

Been to Legend Resort Cherating? Share your experiences!