Stayed here for 5 days recently, Monday-Friday, during the Malaysia/Singapore mid-term school holidays, so understandably the hotel was quite busy with guests.
Check-in is at 3pm, but we had to wait till about 4.30pm before our (family) room was ready (we kept ourselves busy by heading straight to the beach and pool while our bags were being looked after by the hotel staff).
Hotel location is good, as Kuantan is only 15 minutes away, Cherating 30 minutes and Kemaman (Terengganu) 40 minutes.
Breakfast spread is quite good, with both local as well as continental selections available.
It looks like management has spent some money to improve the lobby and hotel grounds in general, but the rooms are a bit dated now. I think the Hyatt in Kuantan is probably a better choice for rooms, and hotels in Cherating for better beaches.
p/s: Management, if you're reading this, can you please please please change the pool music playlist? We are living in the year 2011, not 1992!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sky, sea and sun provide a peaceful backdrop to a landscape so alluring it stirs the emotions. The vivid colours of nature's palette glow in the soft tropical light accenting the purity of air, water and land. From the colors of the sunset, to soothing air greeting you with a warm embrace; the newly refurbished Swiss- Garden Beach Resort, Kuantan, offers sensual delights at every turn with the recent completion of its refurbishment exercise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Southall Travel, HostelWorld, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Expedia, LateRooms, Ebookers, HotelsClick and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Swiss-Garden Beach Resort Kuantan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Swiss-Garden Hotel Kuantan
- Swiss-Garden Resort And Spa