Sri Manja Boutique Hotel
US$61
US$53
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Mega View Hotel(Kuantan)(Great Value!)
US$34
Kuantan Backpackers(Kuantan)(Great Value!)
  • Restaurant
SilaLima(Kuantan)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsbasement parkingconvenient storeteluk cempedakballroomfunction
Reviewed 12 November 2013

The Check-in process was quite disappointing as it took a very long time to complete (for the guest before us) upon our arrival. It seemed like the staffs were not well trained. However, it could be due to hari raya season(public holiday in malaysia) so the experienced trained staffs were not around. The room was Okay,but honestly speaking abit small. Sink was not cleaned full of dirt (we washed the sink on our own), the room given does not have any windows in it. Breakfast was good and we enjoyed it! There is a roof top small swimming pool. The food were refilled very quickly. Overall, i would give this hotel a 4.5 out of 10.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ChinChris
Reviewed 17 September 2013

My wife booked 3 rooms for 2 nights a few days before our departure from KL and my family was from JB. Upon arrival, they told us they already cancelled our booking without giving any logic explanation. Can you believe that?? Luckily, they got 3 rooms available for us. Once we've checked in, the rooms was wayyyy smaller than the one that you've saw inside their website! We can barely move in and out from the room. Another 'plus' point,the bathroom doors are made from glass. Means that,if you are travelling with your family or friends, they have to close their eyes when someone in the bathroom for their bussineses. Another hotel guests in front of our rooms was having a water problem and some more the ventilation doesnt work well thus makes the room smells sooo bad! We have to cut short our stays and rented another hotel inside the Kuantan town. Seriously, this gonna be our first and last time to stay in this hotel. Period.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Rizuan
Reviewed 13 June 2013

This hotel is relatively new. I'd booked it when I signed up for the Kuantan160km cycling event and it was the nearest hotel to the starting point for the race. The room is pretty decent. Initially, the hotel was strict in not letting the bikes up into the room but they relented when the conference room that was supposed to "store' the bikes overflowed.
Almost everything in the room worked well (though the airconditioning in my friend's room was not working well initially but was fixed later on), except for the safebox. I'd called the reception and informed them to change the safebox but 2 days later, nothing was changed and its as if my call was never made. Heck, I decided not to use it anyway since its not secured to anything and can be carried out of the room...
There's supposed to be wifi but the wifi connection is so limited that you could only get in at the sofa area near the hotel reception and the wifi can only take in a limited number of people using it. Yes, its that bad...
We went up to the swimming pool at the top of the hotel after our cycling event, but no pool towels were available. There's just no staff manning the pool area. Nonetheless, we are just there to soak our tired legs and bodies and were out in a jiffy.
Sound-proofing was minimal and I could hear the chambermaids' chatter even with my room door closed. The same goes for those bunch of teens who decided to play catching around the same floor at about 10.45pm cos the echo effect was amazingly strong... No one stopped them and I was just too tired to bother about it.
The hotel restaurant is only so so and the row of shophouses beside the hotel is not opened yet. Thus, if you need some good food, you gotta drive into Kuantan town which is a short 15mins drive away. Else, Macdonalds is a short 15mins walk away.
Overall, its stayable and if you just need a room, its really quite nicely done up.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 May 2013

Stays here for 2 days for my exam in International Islamic University recently. Its located in a peaceful neighbourhood, about 7km from kuantan and very near to international Islamic University.
I stayed with my friends in deluxe room for 3 people. The room is small but clean and comfort. The bathroom is clean and well kept.
The hotel staff really nice and helpful. The foods in the restaurant were tasty although has limited variety. The restaurant staffs were profesional and friendly. They even allowed us to stay in the restaurant til past midnight for our last minute revision eventhough they already closed.
Overall the hotel is one of the best hotel and highly recomended place if you come to kuantan.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Siti Farhana M
Reviewed 3 March 2013

The hotel is new and it is located far away from the hustle and bustle of the noisy traffic in Kuantan. I have stayed there three times, the latest being on 3 Mac 2013. I like the location because it is really close to UIAM, where my son is studying. During my latest stay, I took the queen deluxe room which cost me about RM157.00 inclusive of breakfast for 2 persons. The room was a bit small but it was still okay, the toilet was clean although I hate the translucent glass door, the parquet floor was clean and the bed was good.The funny thing was that the room has no lockers. They have a rod with several hangers for you to hang in your clothes. So it was a bit messy to see all the clothes hanging without a proper locker. The free wifi didnt work but it did work when I was there previously. Overall the hotel is okay although it is a little bit expensive.

Room Tip: Choose a room that face the front road or the back. Dont choose a room that has a window that opens up to the inside lane between the rooms.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple