“A Truly Magnificent Experience”

Grand Continental Kuantan
Ranked #31 of 43 Hotels in Kuantan
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“A Truly Magnificent Experience”
Reviewed 19 September 2013

This was my 5th time to Kuantan and I usually stay in one of the 5 star hotels either in the City or Beach. This time due to some commitments around Jalan Gambut, I took a chance of staying in this Hotel. My first experience will always be a memorable one and I will definitely be a REGULAR guest to this Hotel. From the time I stepped into the Lobby, the service I received was remarkable. Staff would rush to you offering and assisting you with whatever it may be. I was with my roller bag and they insisted to assist me which I seldom experience in a 5 star hotel in Kuantan. The Receptionist who attended to me was very courteous and without me reminding them of my request, knew what I wanted and advised me that all was taken care. I was amazed with this staff in a 3 star hotel. The room was spacious and very clean with a great view. Anyway, after I checked in , I rushed out for my appointment. When I returned, the Receptionist stopped me and I was so pleased that she told me that I had not closed my room door well ad that the Security guard while on his rounds noticed it and ensured that my door was locked. I was delighted to hear this as I was careless. I found nothing missing from my bag. I had my dinner and next day breakfast at the cafe and found that the food and service was very good. I took a walk to the pool and the area was very relaxing with the Crystal clear water. Great for a good swim but it was rather late. I had a sound sleep and checked out after breakfast. I strongly recommend anyone who is thinking of booking any Hotel in Kuantan to experience this Hotel as you will enjoy and be a regular as what I am from now onwards.

Room Tip: All rooms are GREAT
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Pat W
HGCKTN, General Manager at Grand Continental Kuantan, responded to this review, 23 September 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for all the positive feedback during our first experience with us. My team and me are always looking towards improving our service standard so that all our guest would enjoy their stay with us. Please do call upon me on your next visit to Kuantan. We would like to have you with us again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
KUL
Reviewed 18 September 2013

This is my fifth time staying at this property. Checked-in 14/9 & out on 16/9. Took 2 rooms. Went a smooth check-in processed. Leave a message to housekeeping on 15/9 at 0930 to clean up my room since there was no signage card hanging on the door. Came back at 1530 & nothing was done. When asked the staff they said only 2 of them were on duty. The hotel really hungry for 100% refurbishment. From my room could see the yellowish color of swimming pool. Probably half of the room already being refurbished. In future will not return. Other nearby hotel like MS Garden is there.

Room Tip: Ask for refurbishment room if available otherwise you'll encounter same problem like me.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
HGCKTN, General Manager at Grand Continental Kuantan, responded to this review, 20 September 2013
Dear En. Azhar,

Thank you for your feedback which is very important to us and I am personally looking into it. We always believe that through our guest feedback and experience, we will strive for the better and improve our Services to all our esteemed guest.

We hope that you would stay with us again as this matter is very important to us and we assure you that this will not happen again in future.

Please contact me directly for your next trip to Kuantan and I personally assure you a different experience which will make your stay comfortable.

Jaslyn You

Travellers are raving about these Kuantan hotels

Marang, Malaysia
Reviewed 29 August 2013

I stayed there on 20 - 22 August 2013. This is my second time stayed in this hotel. This hotel is quite okay. It's situated next to Kuantan Berjaya Megamall, Kuantan Medical Centre, Tenaga Nasional Pahang HQ Building and SMK St. Thomas. It only takes about 2 minutes walking to Berjaya Megamall Kuantan and about 10 minutes walking to the Capitamall (formerly known as East Coast Mall), The Sultan Ahmad Shah International Convention Centre (SASICC) and Zenith Hotel Kuantan. The room is quite okay for me and the staff also is okay. But the food have to be improvise.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
HGCKTN, General Manager at Grand Continental Kuantan, responded to this review, 2 September 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the kind feedbacks that we received from you from your experience with us during your last stay with us from 20-22 August 2013. We always believe in ensuring our Guest Service and Product Quality is at its best Standards. It is from Guest feedbacks that we improve for the better and all guest will have an enjoyable stay with us. Once again, we thank you for your comments and hope that Grand Continental Kuantan will be your first choice of stay in Kuantan.

Once again, we thank you for your comments which we appreciate very much, Hope to see you again on your next trip to Kuantan.

Thanks and warm regards,
Reviewed 26 June 2013

Stayed in this hotel for the first time. I was told that the room
that I was checked in was newly refurbished room. Room was
clean and comfortable.

Access to rooms was secure as lifts requires your room access key-card.
Although it seems troublesome but its a welcome thing for a safe stay.

Hotel was friendly and courteous.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank raylee_my
ipoh
Reviewed 14 June 2013

I was surprise that this hotel has shown improvement after my last stay in 2011. Rooms were refurbished and service has improved during check in throughout my stay. I really enjoyed my stay there and the food was excellent as the staff at the cafe was so accommodating. I will surely return to the hotel during my next visit to KUANTAN. Anyone looking for a hotel in the city , i strongly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: A complete room with all that we can ask for at a reasonable rate
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank davehoward1823
Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
Reviewed 6 June 2013

I'd been stay here for 3 times, 2 was for business trip and 1 was for family trip. By reviewed the previous comment, it was not as bad as they said in the comment. As in my memory, truly it is an old building hotel, but indeed they maintained it very well and they had just renovated in early of this year. The staff was very friendly and willing to guided you, the food also taste nice especially the MB mee curry it's aroma rich and tasted flavor rich. They have security key access lift, nice bed set, grand looking toilet (++), perfect shower mixer (++), and even within 5 minutes walking distance to the town shopping mall (+++) and some more they provided contact number of varieties car rental center (+++). It's higher then my expectation for what i'd paid.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank ChristYong
Reviewed 31 May 2013

The hotel had smelly old-like hotel the moment i entered the hotel lobby.All staffs were very friendly and helpful.We needed room card to access the lift.The ceilings at the corridor had multiple watermarks, holes and the carpet damn smelly.Room space same as other standard hotel but holes on the wall and bathroom door.Had bathtub and swimming pool.Breakfast had multiple choices with great tastes.Near Berjaya Mall 10 minutes walk and private hospital 5minutes walk.Parkings at the basement with at your own risk.No free newspaper.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank afiq_razak
HGCKTN, Front Office Manager at Grand Continental Kuantan, responded to this review, 7 June 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us during your visit to Kuantan in May, 2013. I would like to thank you for the feed backs which I am personally looking into it. The rooms and corridors are being refurbished in stages and we will have better rooms soon. I assure you that you will have a different experience when you next check in. We always believe that feed backs from guest experience will enable the hotel to improve for the better.
Once again, I thank you for your continuous support and do let me know when you make your next booking with us.