“"Not very well maintained"”

Le Village Beach Resort
Ranked #38 of 43 Hotels in Kuantan
Shah Alam, Malaysia
“"Not very well maintained"”
Reviewed 1 September 2011

I think this hotel requires a revamp in air conditioning, water heating and perhaps even the sink needs to be maintained.

we had no hot water half the time, and the maintenance guy couldn't fix it for us in time. and requested if we could shower with cold water for the night.. sigh.

The sink leaks every time we brush our teeth and after constant reminders to the reception about the problems we faced, they could not rectify the problem.

Air conditioning was a constant pain for noise and leaks to the carpeting occasionally. but I guess to be fair, other guests were also complaining about the same issue. some were in worst condition

Room Tip: cleanliness is okay. but amenities need urgent improvement
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank edmundoab

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Indonesian first
Klang, Malaysia
Reviewed 19 August 2011

First of all, the price is not cheap, the room is dirty and old (really old), swimming pool is dirty, the mobilehome vehicle were dumped aside and all rusty. Bathroom is simple and not clean. We had a hard time to sleep. The rooms definitely need total makeover. Breakfast is included but you will need to drive to the sister hotel which is troublesome (few minutes away). The beach attached to the resort was ok, and with the villagers around.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Kuantan hotels

malaysia
Reviewed 15 May 2011

well i guess most of the reviews that i read was true...
1. run down
2. need of a face lift
3. housekeeping was terrible
4. room amenities was terrible also..
5. breakfast food was so-so
6. expensive room rates.. comparing to the room conditions/amenities/services provided. ( i check into Balau 2 Bedroom suite .. which is not a suite ! it was a run down old 2 room chalet ..very far to the beach )

my parents in law was following the trip with me ... and my father in law is in a wheel- chair....
since they gave me a chalet at the other end of the hotel... we had to walk to get to the breakfast area/ pool and the beach... which is quite far...the hotel area has no facilities assisting the handicaps... there where small stairs .. which was not necessary actually.. there was bumpy paths all the way..
NO.. i will no stay here again...

the beach was lovely tough!...
and a few staffs in the dining area was helpful in assisting my father in law...
and they have good swimming pools.. even if its a bit run down...

Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank 1derwoman
Malaysia
Reviewed 18 March 2010

Let me tell you about my rotten experience staying in this resort. For a start, it should be termed as a motel by quality and resort by price. The resort is located pretty close to Kuantan town (Say baout 30-40mins drive) so no problems getting back and fourth. In this resort, you have a choice of either a chalet or hotel room. We chose the hotel room concept and as soon as I walked in to my room, I was greeted by a foul stench. The toilet was just awful and unmaintained. The room walls were tarnished with old water marks and the kettle was dirty and smelt of urea! The telephone was not working and the handset was infested with fungus. The air cond was cold enough but produced squeaky noises when switched on. The mattress was a inhabited by a colony of bed mites (Trust me, you'll agree after sleeping on it for a while). Apart from the setbacks, the room came with a television & a dressing table. Nothing fanciful worth highlighting.

Stepping away from the room for a moment, the resort comes with a miserably small and unmaintained swimming pool and the walkway connecting the lobby to the chalets are shaded but plenty of holes in the roof. The lobby area is basic and functional - forget about ambience please. There is only one food outlet in this resort and a lounge by the beach. There is a sports centre that offers an array of beach activities including para-sailing, canoeing, kayaking & fishing. This outlet is operated by a friendly couple who sometimes offers you a cut of fish from their own catch. Parking is a problem even when the resort is merely below 50% occupancy rate. The tennis court has not been used for many years so you can expect it to look real shabby.

On the first night stay at the resort, we opt to eat in for lunch since we arrived there at noon. Please stay away from the restaurant if you can. When we stepping into the restaurant, we had to wait for about 10 mins before the staff appeared to take our order. I ordered a spaghetti bolognaise and to my horror, they served me a plate of spaghetti drenched in tomato ketchup!! I asked the staff why it was prepared with ketchup instead of tomato puree and she mentioned that it was how they cook it there! I took one bite and left the dish behind. At night after dinner elsewhere (obviously), we decided to have a drink at the resort's beach side pub. We were the only ones there and there was nothing to keep us occupied (Ie. pool table, tv or dart board). After a jug of draft beer, we headed back to our shabby and smelly room. The next day, we decided to check out and continued our stay elsewhere which is probably the smartest move I've made during this trip!

As the trip dated back to 2007, I could not quite recall the exact rates charged per night but rest assured that it was within the region of RM180-200. Do not expect to get what you paid for.

• Stayed October 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank D_Jekyll
Boston, MA
Reviewed 4 March 2010

This resort is good for people who are looking for budget stay in Beserah. It is just next to Swiss Garden Hotel.

Pro: Excellent view for the sunrise and blooming lotus at the pond. The guest service is average. The wifi is available however best reception is at the lobby. There are many mosquitoes at night. I have donated blood to nature for wifi in a night. The breakfast buffet is okay. Not a lot of food available to hotel guest. Get voucher/coupon from the front desk. I dine breakfast at Swiss Garden Hotel - RM$40 per person (non hotel guest). They have a wide variety of FOOD -- dim sum, nasi lemak, beef redang, scrambled eggs, rice soup, ice cream, roll, buns, bread, and so on. If you want decent food and service, go to Swiss Garden Hotel.

Con: Lack of water activities. More activity available at Swiss Hotel. The bathroom door is falling apart. No wifi service in the room -- get prepare to donate blood when you are in the lobby at nighttime. Lack of hot water for shower. The showerhead is almost clogged up -- hardly water pouring. The pool is crowded with people most of time. The AC has no freon. It is working as fan. :( No compensation is given.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with family
malaysia
Reviewed 4 February 2010

I will recommend this resort to whoever looking for budget stay in kuantan, its just next to swiss garden hotel.

This review was posted late as i almost forgotten but realised after came back from stay in swiss garden kuantan.

my experience: i wouldnt expect much for resort but the best part is, there is few hours blackout from 3am till 6-7am. resulting mosquitoes entering our room since door have to be open. my kids got bitten by mosquitoes and it was terrible or bad day to stay during the blackout.

no compensation was given. breakfast at poolside is average and plain normal with few selection of varieties. beach is messy....the walk to the beach is full of branches tree and uprooting grass and thorns.

the only thing you will like, you can see the sunrise.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
Shah Alam
Reviewed 8 August 2009

When I first reached the room, it is so smelly. Smell like a rotten fish come from the cupboard. I call the room service for help but no one came. So when I check myself there was a dead lizard in the cupboard. So I call room service again and when the staff came they just came remove the lizard and didn't have initiative to wipe the area so the smell is still there. The lady also told me that they know about the room was smelly before they let us check in there. Hey! you give a smelly room to a customer.

I stayed there for two weeks. They only make up your room once in two days. Also when they make up the room they won't clean the toilet/vacuum the floor. You have to call them to ask them to do so.

The food for me is good but less choice.

The rooms need to refurbish especially the toilet. Old, yellowish toilet. Euw!!

Most of the rooms have problem with their air cond. And also the water heater not working. When we ask the manager, she said the heater can be use. But when we called the maintenance so many time but the heater still can not be use.

The extra bed really not comfortable. They use old cheap mattress.

The wireless only available for some room only, so you have to surf internet at the lobby for better connection.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kuantan
Cempaka Beach Resort
Grand Continental Kuantan
#31 of 43 in Kuantan
D'Embassy Service Residence Suite
Swiss-Garden Beach Resort Kuantan

Been to Le Village Beach Resort? Share your experiences!