“Quite a decent beach resort!”

Holiday Villa Beach Resort & Spa Cherating
Ranked #25 of 43 Hotels in Kuantan
“Quite a decent beach resort!”
Reviewed 18 April 2011

I booked the garden villa for 3 days 2 nights. The first impression was good as the room was facing a clean pool. The room looked a bit outdated but clean though. I would suggest not to choose their breakfast package as it is quite pricey. I drove for 30 minutes to Kemaman for breakfast once, and to Kuantan for the second day breakfast.

• Stayed April 2011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Indonesian first
Reviewed 15 March 2011

This is our first time staying in the hotel. Check-in was rather slow. Room was just ok. Room cleanliness is poor. We had to change rooms, but at this moment I can't recall why we had to. Probaly the AC wasn't working I think. You might want to try out other hotels. But I heard there are all just about the same. However it was the cheapest available hotel that had direct access to the beach.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 March 2011

Guys, please keep in mind that every bad review here is what it is. I booked my room with this knowledge, therefore I was able to take things in stride. Yes, check in was late an hour, the towel smells bad, toilet too small, tv old, mugs are dirty (and cracked), etc etc. The best part for me is my room faced the swimming pool - I was able to go through the back door and jumped straight into it. I only stayed here one night, so it was ok for me.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Bey79
Reviewed 2 January 2011

Stay family room.
Bathroom too small
Furniture too old
Tv too old, small, signal terrible
Room smell bad,
Fan made squeaky noise.
Pool size and condition like 2-star hotel
Breakfast buffet so so, not much variety

• Stayed December 2010

Travellers are raving about these Kuantan hotels

Reviewed 26 December 2010

Stayed at the Family Suite for one night over the Christmas Weekend.Suite? I don't think so,more like Chalet.Service is terrible as check in took ages.The rooms were very small and the place smelled.TV was dead.There is absolutely nothing to do here besides the pool and some table games.No beach activities or operators in sight.The
Beach restaurant had many Mosquitos having you as their feast.Food was ok,highlight of the "resort".The only thing I enjoyed was the scenic and F1 type roads on my drive up from Singapore.To sum it up, we wanted to leave the same night we arrived and I did not mind the long drive back as long as I was out of this place.

2 Thank Sggixxer
Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 9 December 2010

Recently I stay in the hotel for 5-days with my family ( 2 adults and 2 small childrens). Booked the hotel 3 months in advance and wrote to the hotel to provide baby COT. Didn't get any response from them at all. Wrote few emails later to sales office and reception and no one responded. Even call the hotel and they couldn't give any response except saying is only based on availability on the day of my check-in. During my check-in, guess what ? No baby COT can be provided. No only that, I call few times to ask for possibility of early check-in, again they can't provide any convincing response and just say subject to availability. I found out when I check-in (after 3pm), quite a number of rooms are empty.

Conditions o fthe rooms are not up to expectation. Is old, not properly cleaned and bed condition are not too good.

Personally, is quite a dissappointing experience for my family.

The only consolation is that the beaches are very beautiful and we have a good time at the beaches and pools.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank KLChan
Reviewed 5 December 2010

Stayed in a family suite. Sucked. Bedroom were small ; smelly rooms : slowest service, took me 2 hours to check in. : dirty surroundings : ugly beach : ugly swimming pool (look like those in condos)

Aircondition in one of the room spoilt. No repair work done AT ALL.

Last word , DO NOT STAY HERE. paid so much for nothing

1 Thank Johannlo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kuantan
Residence Inn Cherating
Suria Cherating Beach Resort, Kuantan
Samsuria Beach Resort & Residence
Swiss-Garden Beach Resort Kuantan
Cherating Eastana Beach Resort

Been to Holiday Villa Beach Resort & Spa Cherating? Share your experiences!