Holiday Villa Beach Resort & Spa Cherating
Ranked #29 of 44 Hotels in Kuantan
Reviewed 15 May 2014

We looking for a beautiful beach holiday nearest to KL where there are 2 options either Port Dickson (PD) or Cherating. To be frank, Cherating beach is far better than PD as it has a beautiful white sand beach like an island. It is very windy for a relax lying on the lazy chair but the current wave is strong too where it is not suitable for sea activities at times.

Here is my review on Holiday Villa Cherating: -

Hotel Environment: Hotel is 3.5 hours from KL and 45 minutes from Kuantan. There is a nearest town Chukai where famous stuffed crab located for lunch. The hotel garden is very spacious where there is a beach restaurant in the middle facing the beautiful sandy beach where huts with lazy chairs on the left and right. There are 2 main areas Palace and Capital Wing where both also have swimming pool facing. The Capital Wing is the main building together with the reception and Palace Wing is the semi-D bungalow next to the Capital Wing. The hotels has lots of local Malaysian guests and I believe there are some culture difference where foreigner may not like guest going to the pool without swimsuit. It is fine for me as a local because it is not polite for a local lady to wear too sexy. Overall it is OK with the room rates around RM200 which match my expectation.

There are some weak points: - Hotel slightly old and need refurbishment, room not enough plug point, No WIFI and breakfast has less options and unsatisfactory.

Hotel Service & Staff: The whole hotel staffs are doing their best and exceeded my expectation as I see all smiling and friendly faces. I personally communicated with Leslie, the GM and he responded and attended my request efficiently. Leslie is going the extra mile in services and trying his best to attend each hotel guest as well. Hopefully the great hotel services will continue.

Room Comfort: I stayed at the Capital Wing room no 134; the last 3 room from the beach and very near the Beach Restaurant where I can get the restaurant WIFI signal for a day but their WIFI is not stable and should improve the facility. There are connecting room for 134 and 135 to cater for families. Room comfort is satisfactory with tars floor where it is suitable for those sensitive to carpets and it is direct access & facing the pool on the ground floor.

Room Tip: Room Tip: Rooms (e.g. 134, 135 & 136) near the beach or restaurant for easy access to the beach.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank joeycw
HVCherating, General Manager at Holiday Villa Beach Resort & Spa Cherating, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Dear Joeycw,

It is indeed very motivating to receive pleasant and positive comments from such an active and traveled guest and it will make us here at Holiday Villa Cherating to strive even more to exceed our guests expectations.

I have noted down your feedback .

We were encountering some problems from TM's incoming line and it was due to a malfunction at one of their stations.A report was made and it was rectified within 48 hours. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Noted on the comment of plug points and we are constantly enhancing our product to meet the demands of our clients and feedback such as yours helps us identify areas that can be looked into. For this again, I thank you.

We look forward to welcome you back here soon.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 8 May 2014

This is my first review so good luck.

Stayed here last June 2013.

Unit: We rented 2 family suite overlooking the pool. Bedrooms are of average design but quite small in terms of area. Toilet/C.R. are well maintained compared to the receiving and dining area. No free breakfast though as we booked it via 3rd party (Agoda). A/C is working fine.

Tip (1): One family suite can fit 6 to 8 person for friends travelling together (not couples) if you only plan to sleep on the unit.
Tip (2): Not sure but all of us got insect-bite like rashes after a night of stay.

Staff: They are polite, helpful and friendly. Speak good English, in a way foreigners can easily understand. They offered their own personal cars to bring and fetch us from the famous Intan Seafood Resto, but of course for a price. Not too expensive though in the late night.

Facilities: Didn't utilize their facilities aside from the pool (nice pool)

Gave 3 for rating as beach front hotel and the staffs.

Room Tip: One family suite can fit 6 to 8 person for friends travelling together (not couples) if you only pla...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Estongcute,

Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback with regards to your recent stay with us.
It is encouraging to know that politeness, helpfulness and friendliness are evident at Holiday Villa Cherating as this is the basis of customer service that we aim to provide to our valued guests.

I have noted down the comment on insect bites that you have highlighted. After doing a check in the room, have found no evident signs of any insects. Thank you anyway for bringing this up to our attention and hope it was not too much of an inconvenience to your party.

I am pleased that my staff went that extra mile to offer transport in time of need for you to visit your planned destination.
We thank you for your custom and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 23 April 2014

I arrived at the hotel at around 12pm and was enquiring if I could check in earlier as I am attending a wedding nearby the area. I was told that there was no room available (fyi, I have booked the room about 2 months earlier) and the check-in time would be at 3pm. Understood the procedure, I left the hotel to attend the wedding and came back at 3pm++. Upon arrival, I was informed that the room is NOT READY YET! The customer service personnel advised that it should be ready before 4pm (and it was already 3.15pm - which is also before 4pm). My family and I waited for half an hour and was told again that the room is STILL not READY! No apologies, no welcome drinks, NOTHING! Only when I started to make a huge HUHA, they decided to give us Complimentary Drinks. The room was finally ready at 4pm++ and the receptionist, with NO SMILE, NO APOLOGIES, NO EMPATHY told us finally that the room is ready and the drinks will be sent to our room. Later that evening, after coming back from the beach, we found a note slipped under the door to REMIND us that Checking OUT time is at 12pm and any later than that will be charged extra. Some SERVICE huh?

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Shue1981
HVCherating, General Manager at Holiday Villa Beach Resort & Spa Cherating, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2014

Dear Shue 1981,

It was distressing to hear of your unfortunate encounters during your last stay with us. I have done a full investigation with the departments concerned and would like to explain to you of what happened and corrective measures that have been put in place.

If you would be so kind to email me at gmchv@holidayvilla.com.my , so I can personally reply to you.

Hope to hear from your soon.

Regards

Reviewed 17 April 2014

Made a return to Holiday Villa after 3 years. I found the hotel much more cleaned up since the last visit. Clean chalet with nice bed, cold air con and flat screen TV with a few Astro TV channels. Had a room full of mosquitos. The hotel provided one of those electric mosquito repellent thingys, but it was ineffective. Ended up driving down to the pasar mini for a can of spray repellant. Case closed.
There was a clean swimming pool, but didn't get a chance to use it. Simple, but decent breakfast buffet included with room.
My one gripe with this place: they charge RM40 for Wi-Fi in the room. C'mon, in this day and age charging for Wi-Fi? But what REALLY ticked me off, was when I connected up my pad... No problem. Then my wife went to connect her pad..and no-go. I called the front desk to ask about it, and they informed me that ONLY ONE PAD OR COMPUTER CAN BE CONNECTED for your RM40. Really now. That's just plain mean spirited. The front desk wouldn't rectify this issue,so the wife ended up having use her hand phone in place of her pad. That's not a holiday. Never mind, we checked out after breakfast and moved on down the beach.
OK here we go:
PROs: Clean hotel room, nice pool and beach front and OK breakfast buffet.
CONs: mosquito's in room, one electric outlet in room (bring a 3in1), Wi-Fi, indifferent hotel staff.
I still haven't found The Place in Cherating. But I'll continue looking.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DirtyErn

Dear DirtyErn

Thank you for your comments and feedback during your stay with us.

It is nice to hear comments by our guest of experiencing improvement of our product from their last visit.

We would like to apologies on the setbacks that you have encountered and will discuss it in our management meeting for the next course of action.

Rest assured that the management gives its fullest commitment in order to ensure a comfortable and enjoyable stay for all our guests.

Regards,
Leslie Pereira.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

Check-in was smooth. We stayed in one of the wooden Garden Villa number #244. Our ‘double’ bed is actually 2 single beds pushed together so if you lie down in the middle of the bed, it is very uncomfortable. Room interior though averagely clean is quite shabby, out-dated and run down. Even some parts of the wooden flooring will sink a bit when you step on it. Sound proof is poor, I can hear my neighbor talking and their TV. There is no wifi in the room, you have to go to the restaurant to get wifi which is located quite far from the villas.

Watch out for the mosquitoes. My daughter and I was attacked by mosquitoes in the middle of the night so we didn’t get much sleep. Housekeeping should provide electric mosquito repellent in the room.

After checking-in, we went to explore the surroundings. The grounds and gardens are well kept but the swimming pool’s water is cloudy and dirty. Why? Because the management allow their guests to swim in the pool fully clothed – even with tracksuits and T-Shirts and none of the staff did anything about it! Disgusting. Please view photo attached.

We went to the Beach Restaurant for dinner. We ordered Char Koay Teow, Fish & Chips and Sago Gula Melaka. Food was just okay but the service is good. The young waitress that attended to us looks a little inexperienced (maybe she’s just started working there recently), but she’s friendly, helpful and smiley. Even during breakfast the next morning, I wasn’t sure how their big bread toaster functions but the lady manning the egg counter was very helpful and efficient.

Overall, the rooms need maintenance and upgrades. To the staff of the Beach Restaurant: Keep up the good work.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Earelia

Dear Earelia

Thank you for taking your time to provide feedback on your recent stay.

We are pleased that you enjoyed the services provided at the beach restaurant and other areas of the hotel.

The resort is currently undergoing some upgrading in order to increase guest satisfaction and thank you for your feedback which helps us identify areas of improvement.

We hope to see you again at Holiday Villa Cherating in the near future.

Regards

Reviewed 12 April 2014

A wonderful place to slow down, unwind and relax from hectic city life - in the garden overlooking the sea - with friends and family.. The gardens were looking spotless and the staff were ever attentive to any of our needs. No request was too much whether we wanted to take our meals out on the lawn or ask for a group BBQ at short notice. Thank you to all the staff for their kind hospitality and we hope to return soon.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank HamdanMS
HVCherating, General Manager at Holiday Villa Beach Resort & Spa Cherating, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Dear HamdanMS

It was delightful to know of your pleasant experience during your stay with us here at Holiday Villa Cherating .Your positive comments will indeed motivate us to try even harder to exceed our guests expectations .

Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Regards,

Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

Was at the resort 1st week April.Anyone who wants time to yourself may it be to chill or just get away from it all, come here.
Now, don't expect 5 star .This place is rated 3star on this forum... I would give it a 4.
Service, food, cleanliness, rooms and ambience all plus points.

Could do with a bit of entertainment at night.It was a decent amount of people there but didn't seem over busy.

Fantastic pool.Coconuts are sold for under 2 Euro......

People smile and wish..and know how to give you your space .
A point....drive there.The bus is difficult .
Well done to whoever is running the place.Will return if ever in Malaysia again.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Surfbir
HVCherating, General Manager at Holiday Villa Beach Resort & Spa Cherating, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Dear Surfbir,

Thank you for your positive comments with regards to your recent stay with us.

It is a pleasure to know that your expectations were met and it will make my team and I to strive even more to look into any areas that have room for improvement .

Looking forward to welcoming you back should your travels bring you here in the near future.

Best Regards

Leslie Pereira

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kuantan
Legend Resort Cherating
#3 of 6 in Cherating
Swiss-Garden Beach Resort Kuantan
Swiss Garden Resort Residences Kuantan
Suria Cherating Beach Resort

Been to Holiday Villa Beach Resort & Spa Cherating? Share your experiences!