“Bad Experience”

Vistana Kuantan City Centre
Ranked #2 of 43 Hotels in Kuantan
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I was in Kuantan last month. It was a disaster. Unfriendly front office, not accommodative at all in order to help me get an extra room for my children. They wanted to put my kids on a floor above my room. Ridiculous..!! Housekeeping would like to charge me RM100++ for an extra blanket..haha very funny how they tried to make extra money. We checked out the same day. Can't stand to even try to stay longer. Overall it was a nightmare for us. As a travel agent, i will never ever recommend this hotel to any of my clients and associates. if you're travelling with children not the best hotel to stay as they have new policy of No Extra Bed service kind of thing.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank fayeishma
Sharon A, General Manager at Vistana Kuantan City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Vistana Kuantan City Center !

Thank you for staying with us and for finding the time to share your review. Please accept our sincere apologies as we did not meet your esteemed expectations. We will strive to improve based on the feedback we receive. Allow me to take this opportunity to clarify your concern about the RM 100.00 for the extra blanket. the additional RM 100.00 surcharge is for the third persons in the room with the set up of bedding arrangement and breakfast too.

We do hope to see you back at our hotel in a not too distant future & Wishing you have a wonderful day.

There are newer reviews for Vistana Kuantan City Centre

Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

I was staying here for my working trip. Overall experience is good but can be better. For once , the wifi charges is pretty expensive at rm 50 per day. The free wifi speed is useless should you need to work. Breakfast varieties is a big disappointment, if you are a breakfast person don't stay here as very limited choices.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank SusanW2008
Sharon A, General Manager at Vistana Kuantan City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Greetings from all of us at Vistana Kuantan City Centre. Thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to provide us with valuable feedback. We take pride in ensuring our guest satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your expectations. We will use your feedback to assist us in our continuous efforts to improve our product and services. If you wish to further discuss your experience or if I can be of any assistance, please feel free to call on me at; sang@ytlhotels.com.my. In the interim, I hope that you will consider staying with us again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

It's been almost a year since my last visit to Vistana Kuantan. It is not that I have not been to Kuantan for the past year however Vistana seems to be very popular among patron that it is usually fully book for a last minute booking especially during weekend. So, I guess we are a little bit lucky this time around having to crash-in Vistana during a school holiday weekend.

I was actually on my business trip but since school holiday is in, and I managed to sweet talk Mr.Hubby to tag along and be a baby-sitter to the children, so the whole gang tag along. I personally request a family room, as two growing children can no longer fit onto Vistana king bed of Deluxe room. The booking via telephone were handled professionally and the staff-in-charge that particular day was really polite and helpful (sorry, I've forgotten your name dear).

Upon arrival, we are surprise with the 'new look'! It looks awesome and brand new and modern. Personally, the concept colour works fabulously for its lounge and coffee-house, it gives such chic and modern vibes to the whole ambience. The concierge service was fast and friendly. The staff at registration counter were fast as well. No complain.

The best part of the room was the newly refurbish bath, eventhough I'm a bit disappointed that the bath tub was gone, but the new shower is excellent. Again the interior colour concept were nicely done eventhough Mr. Hubby says 'they're just playing safe', well I guess 'better safe than sorry'. Generally the room is in great condition and CLEAN.

However, am a bit confused to the terms and condition given when I requested for extra blanket and pillows to be sent to my room. A family room comprises of a king bed and a day bed, and I have clearly stated I'm booking it for 3 person, however I was told that an extra blanket and pillows for the third person is subject to additional charge. Anyway, I'm not going to further argue on that as I was told the room rate was at a promotion rate and my 11 year old son as the 'third person' doesn't mind much having to crash at the day bed. So, all is well.

I purposely did not chose the breakfast-at-hotel as they're so many options out there in Kuantan to choose from and to tell you the truth, eating-in in Vistana Kuantan is the only setback about the hotel. The food is quite bland and tasteless. My advice to the chef or the cook of the hotel, please polish up your cooking skill, am not a good cook, nor did I go to any culinary school but my children spontaneously says, my curry 'taste' better than yours. That, Vistana Kuantan is where you need to improve.

Anyway, despite that very glitch, the rest was excellent. Kudos Vistana Kuantan.

Room Tip: I usually prefer the room facing the road as it actually face-out the sea (not that you can really s...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank medzz

Greetings from all of us at Vistana Kuantan City Centre. Thank you for giving us the recent opportunity to be of service, and for taking the time to write this review. My team and I are delighted to read that you had a comfortable stay. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed there due to kenduri event. So it happen to be just one night stay. Which on that night the whole hotel was blackout. For more than 40mins..

We did call the hotel what was going on. However the hotel staff said it was external problem and effected the hotel too.

Well quite pissed off because i was tired and need some rest from the kenduri event. I wont accept the external problem reason for my humid and hot blackout room.

However the staff is friendly and nice.

The room is spacious and clean.

Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank gadisbegmerah

Greetings from all of us at Vistana Kuantan City Centre. First and foremost, thank you for staying with us and given us the opportunity to be of service.

We sincerely apologise for the power distraction that occurred along the street and most of the Kuantan town. Sorry for all the inconvenience cause and hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again to Vistana.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Check-in: Very fast and efficient.
Cafe: Sumptuous food, especially like the breakfast. Waiter and Waitress very attentive and friendly.
Room: Very clean and comfortable. Lighting is perfect for the sleeping quality.
Location: Perfect. Very near to teluk cempedak, and to Kuantan town too.

Overall, our stay was above exceptional, everything was just perfect!!!
Staffs are super friendly, services are good too...
Definitely will come back to this hotel if I come to Kuantan again....

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CpMooN

Greetings from all of us at Vistana Kuantan City Centre. My team and I are delighted to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us. We look forward to see you again in the very near future.

Wishing you have a wonderful day.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

I had stayed at this hotel many years ago. During my recent stay, I was impressed when I reached the hotel lobby, new carpet, new layout, modern look furniture and smiling faces waiting for me. I can see the room decor and workmanship of the refurbishment and classified as "first class". The complaint is only for the breakfast dishes. "Cool" soup and overall dishes does not look impressive. It does not mean the food must be of the expensive materials, but quality is the main concern.My suggestion, the management should look into the quality food issue, they overall this hotel will be the best place to stay in Kuantan.

Room Tip: Look at the breakfast menu, you may judge from the items offered.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank FAZLI H

Greetings from all of us at Vistana Kuantan City Centre. Thank you for your recent stay and glad that to hear that overall you had a comfortable stay.

Thank you for sharing your constructive comment for the breakfast and we will use your feedback to assist us in our continuous efforts to improve our product and services to all our valued customers.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to Vistana Hotel and wishing you have a wonderful stay.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

i was here 4 years back but it was so smelly and a bit ugly. now it was very modern design and beautiful . the staff were very friendly and the services was A+ . but the room was not that big but still comfortable . the toilet was clean . and also the housekeeping team was very efficient . love the new environment in vistana !

Room Tip: rooms on the higher floor is bigger and spacious.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Izyan N

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kuantan
The Zenith Hotel, Kuantan
Cathayana Hotel Kuantan
#3 of 43 in Kuantan
Grand DarulMakmur Hotel Kuantan
Swiss-Garden Beach Resort Kuantan

Been to Vistana Kuantan City Centre? Share your experiences!