See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 July 2016 via mobile

Hotel rundown air con sounds like locomotion toilet with slippers very slippery careful for seniors.... room very dirty with ants crawling on table... tv only local stations not much channel to choose from. Car park wow I wouldn't want to park my car there . Rather park on road side.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 February 2016 via mobile

This is by far the creepiest hotel I have ever stayed. We got a room with 1 queen size bed, and 2 single bed. However the room looks more like a store room to store unwanted furniture. There are 2 torn sofa, out of place cupboards and the carpet is so disgusting.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 February 2016

Too long a story to tell but the WiFi was none existent when I checked in and it took 5 hours for the owner to come and reset it. It was still only marginal. Staff members Kerin and Verra were helpful at all times, but without authority to enter the office I guess. There was a terrible sewer stench under the stairway. Then the room was pretty bad. An ancient old sound system was the nightstand, the walls were filthy and when I put a slice of watermelon down long enough to go into the bathroom, I came back to find it swarmed by tiny bugs and had to throw it out. I wiped down the "nightstand" to kill the bugs.

Room Tip: I really don't think there is a good spot in the hotel. I overheard two other guests complaining about their room too.
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 September 2015

Location is good, just diagonally opposite The Store (dept store). Round the corner two Indian Muslim restaurants. Within walking distance are the two restaurants selling well-known Ipoh favourites, steamed chicken and bean sprouts dishes, shops selling biscuits and pastries, salt-baked chicken. 15 minutes walking distance from railway station.
Room is mid-sized and basic. Had a first floor room. No lift. Sheets were clean as was the toilet. Free wifi worked too. Recep was friendly and informative.

We were there actually for a few hours before train departure. Booking website should have given details of day rate, RM35. We paid double (RM77) what we could have paid but we could not cancel original booking by then.

Room Tip: Since we did not stay the night we cannot comment but the few hours we were there, the noise from outside was hardly noticeable
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank OldFree
Reviewed 1 May 2015 via mobile

The facility is old but OK. Very good surrounding with many shops including eating outlet. Had our late breakfast at the mamak restaurant downstairs. After that did some shopping at the shoes shop right opposite the hotel. Good buddy.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family