“a surprise”

The Limestone's Fine Dining
Ranked #71 of 497 Restaurants in Ipoh
Price range: US$5 - US$50
Cuisines: European
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The Limestone's is Ipoh first fine dining restaurant, set up by Chef Erwin vande Vegte, a Qualified and Certified Culinary Master Chef from Europe. The Limestone's offered the senses with its chic ambiance, contemporary French cuisine and gracious service. For an unparalleled dining experience, lets your taste buds savor the exquisite cuisines in a cozy and relaxed ambiance. Allow us to inspire you.
Reviewed 18 January 2012

excellent food, real cloth napkins, intersting menu with fair prices, lovely classic jazz background music, nice staff, clean restaurant attached to the LIMESTONE hotel, ample parking space

6  Thank overseaswriter
There are newer reviews for The Limestone's Fine Dining

Reviewed 16 December 2011

Heard of this place from friends, visited here few times. They served fine european cuisines here, huge canadian lobster, foie gras, wagyu steak, carpaccio, spanish seafood rice, homemade parfait... I love the lamb leg, you can't miss it!
Somehow the standard is still not up to some of the high-end restaurant in KL but compared from my first visit, they are improved alot. Staffs are attentive and knowledgeable. Food is really good, quick, and i believe they are the best plate decor in town! Food portion is good for me... great environment and great value! I WILL COME BACK TO CELEBRATE CHRISTMAS HERE THIS YEAR! GOOD JOB!

6  Thank yoonlee777
Reviewed 17 November 2011

After hearing about this restaurant's reputation, it failed live up to it's reputation. The staffs were very pleasant and courteous and efficient. The food was quite good but the steak and lamb had the same type of gravy which was quite a disappointment as we were expecting a variety of gravies for different dishes. The pan-seared salmon was quite good as it had a nice, rich and creamy sauce but did not overwhelm the taste of the fish. It was lying on a bed of spaghetti and the whole thing was garnished with caviar. Food portions are good and enough to fill a hungry tummy. The wine list is quite extensive too. Ambiance is cozy with soft lighting. Great for couples.

5  Thank freesiahl
Reviewed 8 November 2011

With the idea , where to go for Dinner Today.......lets try out the European new fine Dining Limestone's.
And I found it at regalodge Hotel, a small nice Fine Dining with a French Atmosphere , Italian/French music, looked very interesting.
Welcomed with a great smile ( a very polite young Chinese Hostess ) ...I was thinking , I would like to have something from south Europe ..They had Paella on the Menu.
Only with the comment/ served for 2/ , i asked if it was possible for one???? was no problem.
The tables nice with table cloth , original French wine glasses on the table...i was impressed ... Hope the food is also like that.
I had chosen a bottle of Chianti ( Italian prestige wine) , served in a original Italian basket bottle...good taste and with a excellent temperature.
The paella was served in a Single black paella Pan , with a huge selection of fresh pan seared fresh fish. Calamari , Marlin,salmon,scallops and mussels....mixed with Spanish Saffron rice .....i really enjoyed my evening...even alone its a nice culinary hiding place.......
Its a pity that my next destination of work is in the USA , I will miss Ipoh .....and my short meeting with Limestone's restaurant....

7  Thank evegte
Reviewed 8 July 2011

Because we had to visit a friend in need we drove to Ipoh. After we did what we had to we wanted to surprise our long-time friend and Chef at his new workplace...the REGA HOTEL. It was then that we found this "treasure...The LIMESTONE'S"... Rega's own in-house restaurant. Entering the restaurant at lunch time was bliss when we heard the lovely (soft) classic jazz. The whole ambiance reminded us of Europe. Staff is very welcoming and efficient and the food is absolutely to die for. Prices were surprisingly moderate; actually you can make it as "expensive" as you want. We choose the "Bali chicken curry" and when the food arrived we were again stunned by the show accompanied. Cloches were lifted and the Chef's magic revealed. For a "good" eater there is more than enough on the plate. The "LIMESTONE'S has an extensive wine list which would be the envy of many very upmarket restaurants. We would highly recommend THE LIMESTONE’S; we were very impressed indeed and plan to return! We know for sure that Chef Kenny and Dutchman Erwin will take care of you! For those amongst us with a food allergy …both gentlemen will take every precaution there is to accommodate you, rest assured because I belong to that food allergy group!

6  Thank overseaswriter