“great performance”

Ranked #218 of 555 Restaurants in Ipoh
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Bistro is located at lobby level and is open for lunch and dinner. Lunch hour is from 12.00pm to 3.00pm and dinner is from 7.00pm to 11.00pm. It offers patrons an array of Western contemporary fusion delights. The Bistro can accommodate up to 50 people and provides a whole new dining experience with its refreshing, trendy, yet seductive ambiance. While enjoying the meal, you will be entertained by our Resident Band, "Mac & Zel" from the Philippines.
Reviewed 27 December 2013

latest song to be perform. the band was very friendly to ask guest to join them sing-along and invite guest to be in stage.

Reviewed 25 December 2013

Had my Christmas Eve dinner here. First of all, it was definitely value for money. We've only paid RM220nett per couple, and it is inclusive of a bottle of wine! I don't think we can get such great deals on an eve of festive night anywhere in town.

Initially I was just expecting a simple dinner... to my surprise, the hotel actually had carolers performing at the hotel lobby. It was simply fantastic. A christmas spirit, a time of joy and love. Those kids performing was so adorable dressed in elves costume. We thought it ended just there, but the carolers went in to the restaurant and performed to all the diners and greeted everybody.

As for the food, we had the turkey and beef and it was cooked to perfection. The service is quite slow but we know that the staff are trying their best. Nonetheless it was full house. Kudos to the Chef!

Will definitely recommend this restaurant to all my family and friends in town.

Reviewed 22 June 2013

We came to the Bistro for my wife's birthday. It was a weekday and there was only our table and one other. Service was decent but on the overall the food was quite average, lacking the finesse and refinement of other places. For dessert I had the panna cotta, but the consistency was hard and lacked creaminess. While it wasn't bad, I won't be going back since there are better places to go to.

Reviewed 16 November 2012

I was expecting more of a fine dining, however it ended up to know they are a semi fine dining restaurant serving italian food. But that was ok.

We ordered the 2 appetizer, the minestrone soup, and 2 mains. The salmon fish, was grilled with perfection, sauce wasn;t that overwhelming, so it tasted just nice. And I had the risotto, A little disappointed as it was too mushy, But it tasted not bad. For such dining experience, the bill was less than RM150 for two person, plus I managed to enjoy myself with 2 glasses of white wine at RM18/glass - house pouring Chardonnay.

Live band was playing some oldies and I enjoyed the environment. Waiter and waitress were courteous and food serving was efficient.

The Bistro could be found inside of Impiana Hotel, Ipoh - used to be known as Casurina some time back.

2  Thank Flowerymae
Reviewed 3 November 2012

We were delighted to try this place. The food was delicious and so dainty. I would go again! LOVE! The free bread was a huge serving. The soup was in a tea cup and great. I had lamb shanks, so soft. Hubby had beef fillet.
The live music was a bit, well not so good.

1  Thank ExplorewithErin
E-Fay C, Guest Relations Manager at The Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2012

Dear Travel_with_Bender,

Thank you for taking time to write us a review on your recent visit to our restaurant The Bistro.

We are very pleased to read your comments about our restaurant and food. Currently we are offering an Italian promotion, featuring Celebrity Chef Volkmar who is cooking up a storm in our Bistro, with dishes that are sure to satisfy any discerning guest.

We are sorry that you did not enjoy the band that currently plays daily except on Sundays. They have been reputed the best band in the local scene here in Ipoh, we hope you will be able to come back and give them another chance. Maybe make your requests, as they have a huge repertoire to choose from.

Thank you once again and we sure hope to see you again!

Best regards
E-Fay and all of us at the Impiana Hotel Ipoh.