Kinta Riverfront Hotel & Suites
Tulip Hotel(Ipoh)(Great Value!)
US$63
US$21
Regalodge Hotel Ipoh(Ipoh)(Great Value!)
US$36
US$31
MU Hotel(Ipoh)(Great Value!)
US$48
US$45
M Boutique Hotel, Ipoh(Ipoh)(Great Value!)
US$51
US$40
  • Breakfast included
Symphony Suites Hotel(Ipoh)(Great Value!)
US$46
US$45
Ipoh French Hotel(Ipoh)(Great Value!)
US$35
US$28
Priceline
Hotel Station 18(Ipoh)(Great Value!)
US$15
US$284
US$278
US$106
Priceline
All reviewscity viewhigher floorhotel location isswimming pool isipoh townsuperior roompleasant stayvarietiesms
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

We used to go there as it was new and clean. However, the standards have dropped from okay to horrible.
When we checked in, there was no hand towel, face towel, floor mat or teaspoon in the room. When I rang the front desk, they showed up with one of each item. Took a few attempts before they begrudgingly brought another hand towel, face towel and teaspoon for us. Same thing happened after housekeeping tidied up the room. This time, albeit us requesting foe the items yet once again, nothing came. Towels were thin and grey. There was a sticker of the glass supplier still stuck to the glass of the toilet. Light panel by the bed was loose and came off when we touched it.
Breakfast was very basic. Cracked some half boiled egg to find it was raw, showed to staff, she rudely ask me to call the chef. Forgot my husband's scrambled order. Milk for coffee was sour. No attention to details. I would say that for Ipoh standard, a RM248 room should come with a RM248 service. Heed my advice. Go somewhere else.

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank bopip
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I stayed here for 7 nights.... this hotel breakfast was very much like budget hotel. Rooms carpet was very stained. No choice for pillows. Bedding was average only. Monday to Thursday was quiet and very less traffic but Hotel was crowded during weekend. I didn't drive during this trip to Ipoh, therefore I have no choice but to dine in hotel. Hotel International Buffet Dinner and Lunch was very good. As a hotel guest, I entitled for 50% off for buffets dinners and lunch. Food was really satisfying and good quality. Hotel swimming pool was really good and clean. Swimming pool area was very windy and nice scenic view limestone mountains. I didn't go to gym as the machines was not good enough for me. The hotel bar was not so interesting because they cannot serve few of favorite drinks (out of stock). Dine in menu was very expensive for Ipoh market. The hotel always fail to deliver newspaper on time....... most of the time i have to get it from lobby. Late checkout was a big hu-ha....... As a business travelers I sometime request for late checkout with hotels but sadly this hotel don't want to entertain my request. Only things distinguish this hotel from it's competitors was it has a quieter road front. Those with kids love this hotel because more fun activities caters for them like cycling along the river bank opposite hotel.

Room Tip: Avoid weekends...... too crowded
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Lechman R
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

The standard has dropped dramatically. We have been staying here on and off for a year, unfortunately it is worse now. It is dirty, the bedding was not clean, the rooms were dusty and the food in the main eating area on level 4 was of a very low standard. The breakfast was rubbish and not at all what you would expect in Malaysia.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank rajni r
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I stayed in this hotel a lot of times in 2012, and recently stayed there yesterday and last week. I chose this hotel frequently because of the location.Two years ago I have to go the the hospital frequently for work, and it is one of the closest hotels in town. With nice view, comfortable room, a wide variety of breakfast, that's why I choose Kinta Riverfront.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank prue w
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Spent 2 nights in this hotel, which is supposed to be new and I would never stay there again. From the check-in experience to the hotel room, it was absolutely horrible.

1. The location of the hotel is on the riverfront and across from a large block of government assisted flats. The view from the room puts you in full frontal view of these run down buildings so that you don't get to enjoy the view of the river that is just steps away.

2. Rooms were dirty with stains on the carpet, dust on the desk, broken furniture, only 1 towel and a safe that isn't even bolted down to the wall or on the furniture. This wasn't just my room but it was in a few other rooms as well. They say that they have wifi but they don't. They share their wifi with the connecting condo so there is never a steady connection.

3.The reception desk staff is inexperienced and doesn't have anyone who will understand English very well. They cater to more of the local traveller and you can clearly see the difference in the treatment and level of service.

4. Attended a reception in the hotel - wait staff for the banquet meal was attrocious. A ten course meal was brought in so far between each dish that you basically starve. They aren't trained properly to carry larger dishes so that sauces were spilling everywhere as it arrived at the table. If there was a spill, they didn't know how to react in getting a cloth to help clean it up. Instead they just walked away.

This hotel is by no means close to meeting the minimum of any standards. Run down motels operate better than this place.

Room Tip: Check out the room that you are assigned first before just staying in it. If it isn't clean, insist on getting it changed until you get a decent one.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family