“Good curry mee and Coffee”

Nam Heong Coffee Shop
Ranked #2 of 36 Coffee & Tea in Ipoh
Cuisines: Malaysian
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 29 April 2016

I stumbled on to this restaurant one morning with my sister. Very busy and buzzy. Lots of different stalls. Be prepared to share your table with strangers. We had the curry mee from the stall in front of the restaurant. Definitely did not disappoint - delicious. The coffee is good. I will definitely be going back there when I am in Ipoh in December. I would like to try the dim sum.

Date of visit: March 2016
1  Thank HarbinderK

Reviewed 25 April 2016 via mobile

Overated tourist eateries
Fried noodles - 4/10. Fried all (5 plates) in ONE wok. Very salty. Not much wok hei in a big wok frying method.
Egg Tart - 4/10. "Skin or pastry" very thick. Egg was more towards "gelatinous" custard like.

Reviewed 25 April 2016

Really good food. Order at the table using a tablet . The waiter comes and takes your money and brings the food . It is great and quick with lots of choice of street food .

Reviewed 25 April 2016

I found this restaurant via a friend who lives in Perak. She suggested that I should try out their egg tarts. They were delicious. There is no doubt about it!

There were also other food stalls which sold a variety of noodles (Chee Cheong Fun, Char Kuey Teow, curry noodles, etc.). I tried all of them. They were pretty okay; nothing fancy. The only thing that put me off was their price. They were relatively expensive. I was expecting a slightly lower price as compared to cities like Kuala Lumpur and Selangor, but they were either the same or slightly higher in price.

1  Thank iammichhh
Reviewed 6 April 2016

Been twice. No doubt it worth to try their egg tarts and white coffee when you in Ipoh. Prices are reasonable. difficult to get car park especially weekends or holidays. Coffee shop are hot, limited tables and seating, so you may need to wait for that.

The time I visited, climate in Ipoh are relentless hot. Be ready cap, umbrella, or shades place to park your car and protect yourself..

Best for you to order a cold's white coffee, especially afternoon / hot day.

Date of visit: March 2016