“OK for short stay”
Review of Syuen Hotel

Syuen Hotel
Ranked #28 of 63 Hotels in Ipoh
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Staying in this hotel because following my husband doing some work here. I think this hotel should not get 4 star if they don't improve the taste of the food and also lack of choice too. One thing that I really like with this hotel is it is not far from the shopping mall that I spent my time shopping while waiting for my husband return from his work. Just walking a few minutes across the street.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank hanee

Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

I have enjoy my trip.At 630pm, i am waiting the sunset. Feel amazing, can see the sun slowly slowly go down... happy that I can see the beauty of senset from my room with air condition.really appreciate. Thank you Syuen hotel.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Its an old hotel and quite out dated in style. Get confused with the hotel signed since quite difficult to see from the main road. Near to Ipoh city council and Ipoh square. Next to greentown shops and lots of food stalls. The twin bed deluxe room quite good and clean. Some do complaint about the smell but my room since to be okay without any smell. The water pressure and water heater are good same goes with the airconditioning. The best thing about this hotel is the location within walking distance to ipoh parade, ipoh downtown and greentown. Price for government staff starting from RM159.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 29 May 2014

My 2nd visit to this hotel. The room has "acquired" a smell, the carpet really stinks. Aircond get cold after 30min only. While sleeping i could hear people talking so loud outside the corridor. Most horror part is the gave me babycot without mattress and they said only this we provide! Totally shocked but i managed it by folding comforters in order for my baby to sleep in it. Bfast was average. Very limited space. Checking in/out too draggy. Parking is like kl GH. Cramped and narrow and BAD. Serious upgrade is required to save from losing more regular customers

Room Tip: Im not sure if any room smells better.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank SDiyaa
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Hidden in the small print (and I mean small) is 5the fact that all the booking made via their own website are NON refundable.

I understand Hotels making some bookings non refundable - special rates, peak times etc.but ALL of them ALL the time is totally unreasonable.

Also they emailed me back my full credit card details...that's right all my credit card details by email.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Eddie_in_Ireland
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Not sure what to expect before checking in but the hotel is not a great place to stay. From the outside, the look is grand with a huge building for the size of a small town such as Ipoh. Upon checking in, we found that the hotel is dirty, worn-out, and with poor services.

Checking in was slow. With a limited people attending to the line.
Rooms are old and worn out. Looks like insufficient up-keeping.
Bedsheet torn and old.
Bathroom is dirty with stains.
We wanted additional towels for the kids and were told that the hotel has no extra towel! :(
Breakfast is basic and is ok for the amount of money paid.

If you need a place to crash for a night in Ipoh, it is ok but with a family trying to relax in comfort, this is not recommended.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank eywchan
Reviewed 16 January 2014

Having stayed at the Syuen on a number of occassions and having never had any issues I booked a room for me and my daughter. Boy was I wrong!! They gave us a room on the 7th floor and it was disgusting!! The bathroom was dirty and tired and the towels in a woeful state!!! Last straw a cockroach and other non-descript bugs running around.......!! Suffice to say I complained and was offered another room....this too was yuck! Finally I was offered another room and we settled in for the night. If it were not for the fact that it was just for one night I would have moved hotels. In general I will not be staying here again...;(

Room Tip: Dont accept rooms on lower floors ie 7th floor down...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family